Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fine Arts Programs

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.

Fine Arts Programs

I have been working with our fine arts board, and I was wondering if any one has information of other arts programs for cities of about 80,000 (class 3 city). Our board has not done all that much, but one part we do like is a required 1% Fine Arts Contribution for all development with in a redevelopment areas. But, our city is still lacking in a lot of the Art works, with in the city.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Apr 2002
    I don't know exactly how the arts program is set-up where I live, but it's a city about the same size as yours.

http://www.newtonarts.com/id21.htm

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My employer (City of Fairfield, California-population 102,000) has a somewhat active public arts program. We have a development fee for "urban design" projects that can incoporate public art, and the Cordelia/Green Valley area of our city has a, I believe, a 1% fee. We've had a few projects, some city-sponsored and others directly provided by the developer.

Check out the Community Services section of our website at www.ci.fairfield.ca.us

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Our urban design department has a proactive public arts program...I can't remember what the criteria is for developer contributions. We're a much larger city though.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Check out the City of Boise Arts Commission. Boise is a little bit larger than your city, but they have done some really nice projects. The City recently adopted a requirement that 1.4% of some capital projects be dedicated to public art.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Does anyone have a Fine Art's Board that they work with?
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 14 Oct 2012, 6:48 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last post: 10 Oct 2012, 12:41 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last post: 14 Jan 2011, 1:43 PM
  4. Budgie is fine
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 11 Jun 2004, 6:57 AM