Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fine Arts Programs

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow

Fine Arts Programs

I have been working with our fine arts board, and I was wondering if any one has information of other arts programs for cities of about 80,000 (class 3 city). Our board has not done all that much, but one part we do like is a required 1% Fine Arts Contribution for all development with in a redevelopment areas. But, our city is still lacking in a lot of the Art works, with in the city.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Apr 2002
    I don't know exactly how the arts program is set-up where I live, but it's a city about the same size as yours.

http://www.newtonarts.com/id21.htm

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My employer (City of Fairfield, California-population 102,000) has a somewhat active public arts program. We have a development fee for "urban design" projects that can incoporate public art, and the Cordelia/Green Valley area of our city has a, I believe, a 1% fee. We've had a few projects, some city-sponsored and others directly provided by the developer.

Check out the Community Services section of our website at www.ci.fairfield.ca.us

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Our urban design department has a proactive public arts program...I can't remember what the criteria is for developer contributions. We're a much larger city though.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Check out the City of Boise Arts Commission. Boise is a little bit larger than your city, but they have done some really nice projects. The City recently adopted a requirement that 1.4% of some capital projects be dedicated to public art.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Does anyone have a Fine Art's Board that they work with?
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 14 Oct 2012, 6:48 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last post: 10 Oct 2012, 12:41 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last post: 14 Jan 2011, 1:43 PM
  4. Budgie is fine
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 11 Jun 2004, 6:57 AM