Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: inspired by "summertime in Cheektowaga"

Registered
    Apr 2003

inspired by "summertime in Cheektowaga"

Yo! What's goin' awn!

I seen yous yestuhday at the Akuhmee (grocery store) but i couldn't find a damn space and had to park on the pavements so anyways, I couldn't stop cauwse I had to move my car and get down to cennrrciddy to pick up the old lady. she was gaewina' take d'El haewm but i told her it's faister if i pick her up.

yeah, we're headed downashore for da' weeken. wyllwood. I'm gaewna race for the Walt and see if I can beat 'dat traffic but if it's baid i'll just go wit'da Ben.
    Indeed you can usually tell when the concepts of democracy and citizenship are weakening. There is an increase in the role of charity and in the worship of volunteerism. These represent the élite citizen's imitation of noblesse oblige; that is, of pretending to be aristocrats or oligarchs, as opposed to being citizens.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I have no idea what the last sentence says

Registered
    Apr 2003
    right, the Ben Franklin and Walt Whitman Bridges. Their full names rarely used when referred to as a conduit but usually used when referred to as a landmark.
    Indeed you can usually tell when the concepts of democracy and citizenship are weakening. There is an increase in the role of charity and in the worship of volunteerism. These represent the élite citizen's imitation of noblesse oblige; that is, of pretending to be aristocrats or oligarchs, as opposed to being citizens.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 10 Dec 2003, 3:29 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 12 Nov 2003, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last post: 26 Sep 2003, 5:46 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last post: 12 Sep 2003, 12:14 AM
  5. Summertime in Cheektowaga!
    Cities and Places