Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Get-Together

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Originally posted by michaelskis
    Before I forget, I will be in K-Zoo the afternoon of May 29th, then that night going out in Traverse City... would any one like to have lunch in K-Zoo, or meet up for a drink in TC that night?
    Michaelskis

I would be interested in having lunch. That would put us on the board for meeting fellow cyburbianites.

I'll send you a PM regarding how to contact me.

Registered
    Dec 2001

To answer your question about what I want, I would like *a catholic girl because I have only been catholic for about a year now, and it has become an important part of my life. If she is not catholic... then she has to be some christan denomination.

I know this real nice crackhead chick that hangs out at the corner of Broad and Lehigh in Philly....she claims that she is God and we should all be praying to her...

Is that christian denomination enough?

BTW...$3.00 for her to be your girlfriend

Registered
    Feb 2002
    SW MI Planner I'm over in k-zoo ya got any single Catholic friends over in my direction?
    I'm only an hour from you, and still don't have too many friends down here. The ones I do have are married Most of the single ones that I have met I are stuck in the 80's and I wouldn't do that to you! That's the problem of being in a small town - trying to meet people. Most of my single friends are in Saginaw, some in SE MI, and some in the UP. At the least a three hour drive, but I'll keep my eyes out for ya though!!

Oh I know you didn't bring up the Nickel... I have spent more than one tuesday night there
    Of course I did My sister lives in Marquette, so I am there often. I am all about the hilljack bars, but I left wearing my bra, so I guess I didn't really fit in....

I'd be willing to do lunch too. Just let me know. Beaner's in Sagnasty, and Jen is in Grand Rapids, and shame on me, I can't remember who else is around

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.

Lunch?

You know... I am seeing a Cyburbia Lunchin forming here...

I think that it would be great if we all could get togeather for lunch that day. If anyone is interested, let me know the times you would be avalible, and I will try to PLAN something.
    If you're not growing, you're dying. - Lou Holtz

Registered
    Jul 2002

Re: Lunch?

You know... I am seeing a Cyburbia Lunchin forming here...

I think that it would be great if we all could get togeather for lunch that day. If anyone is interested, let me know the times you would be avalible, and I will try to PLAN something.
    The Corner Bar and Grill, Kalamazoo Michigan, May 29 @ 12:30. That is 1 hour from Jen in GR and SW MI Planner in Coldwater and heck 5 minutes from me.

PM me to confirm

Registered
    Feb 2002
    I thought it was the 29th?

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    I thought it was the 29th?
    OOPS, TYPO it is the 29th

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Looks like it is lunch. (I will be tired one. It is about a 10 hour drive for me, but I have to be there about that time anyways...

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Back to the Catholic thing - the 29th is a Ascension Day, a holy day of obligation.

What time are you going to Traverse City? We could do it later? I'm open all day, so I am pretty flexible.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Here is the story, I am going to K-Zoo to give my sister my car, and my buddy and his GF are meeting me there about 4 or 5, and bringing me up to TC, then Friday morn, we are all going to Escanaba for a car show, and so I can get my new car from my parents.

So anytime before 4 is good for me.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I too have a flexible schedule. If you want to do it later just let me know.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yep, I'm in Saginaw.

I will actually be in TC for Memorial Day week-end... to finally meet the new girlfriend's parents! Super fun. YIKES!! (Shouldn't be too bad - she's a sweatheart and her family sounds like a hoot!)

So who's going to be in TC over the holiday week-end? If we get something happening, I'd like to show up, but, I may have plans... hee hee! Actually, if it's for lunch or dinner, I'm sure I can get my gal to go with me. Might I suggest Mackinaw Brew Pub on Front Street or North Peak Brew Pub on Front as well? I lived in TC three years ago, so I know the place pretty good.

I'm only an hour from you, and still don't have too many friends down here. The ones I do have are married Most of the single ones that I have met I are stuck in the 80's and I wouldn't do that to you! That's the problem of being in a small town - trying to meet people. Most of my single friends are in Saginaw, some in SE MI, and some in the UP. At the least a three hour drive, but I'll keep my eyes out for ya though!!

Of course I did My sister lives in Marquette, so I am there often. I am all about the hilljack bars, but I left wearing my bra, so I guess I didn't really fit in....

I'd be willing to do lunch too. Just let me know. Beaner's in Sagnasty, and Jen is in Grand Rapids, and shame on me, I can't remember who else is around

Registered
    Feb 2002
    I'll be in Naubinway /Engadine for Memorial Weekend.

Have fun meeting the parents - whoah hoah!! Has she met your mom yet? What's even worse is when the two sets of parents meet each other.

Beaner - would you be able to get to Kalamazoo on the 29th? The 29th is the Thursday after Memorial right? Crap, my dates are all screwed up.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Are you from up in that area? I was born in Newberry, but grew up in Esc.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Nope, it's the thursday BEFORE

And no, I won't be able to make it to BroncoVille on the 29th... I'm working.

Have fun meeting the parents - whoah hoah!! Has she met your mom yet? What's even worse is when the two sets of parents meet each other.

Beaner - would you be able to get to Kalamazoo on the 29th? The 29th is the Thursday after Memorial right? Crap, my dates are all screwed up.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    You are close enough that I would love to join you in Traverse City. I have always wanted an excuse to take the Ferry from Manitowoc to Ludington. Unfortunately, I will be in Oregon on the 29th.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Nope, I'm from Saginaw. A friend of mine (one of my single Catholic friends LOL) and I are going up there and meeting my sister and some other people for the weekend. We're staying at the Hiawatha Sportsmans Club. Would you know of anywhere around there that has canoeing? We want to go, but don't want to have to drive too far.

So am I Oh, come on - don't you have a seminar or something to attend.....

Nope, it's the thursday BEFORE
    Beaner - I just checked - Memorial Day is the 26th.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Originally posted by Beaner
    Beaner, are you a bronco alum. ?

I'm a bronco geog. dept. alum. from 1998. Just wondering.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    There is a place in Germfask where you can rent canoes and go down the Manistique River in the Nature Reserve. It is a fun trip. I have gone on it a few times.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    D'OH!!

What was I thinking?!!

Beaner - I just checked - Memorial Day is the 26th.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Nope, just making a fun college reference! I partied down there a few times with friends and had a great time. Crazy college town... WAY WAY WAY different from Ann Arbor. (Chicks seemed a little more free-spirited, though, not that I'm an expert on Bronco Chicks or anything.)

Originally posted by JoshD
    Beaner, are you a bronco alum. ?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    What's coooking here? a Michigan cyburba-fest!

Corner bar in Bronco territory?

Hey I would try like heck to be there! Would you believe I am a Bronco Alum '95 and have NEVER been to the corner bar. I remember the Corner Bar was the anwser to a question on a geology exam and I got it wrong! What can i say, i was a non-traditional commuter student.

At least i can say i made it to Waldo's for the first time on graduation day.

Dates look good to me!

Registered
    Jul 2002
    OH Boy, don't get you hopes up on a classy joint. The Corner Bar is a great watering hole with I think 15+ good beers on tap and dozens of bottles.

jen I hope you can make, I'd love to meet another bronco alum.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Gotta love the Mitten State. I'll have to join y'all in spirit. Grew up in Detroit (6 & Gratiot) and went to CMU & State. Left for Oregon in '93. Do me a favor and make sure topics of discussion include: Hamtramck - Gimme density or give me death; CMU - THE MAC school; and MSU - Isn't it rioting season yet?

Ta

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Hello ALL, michaelskis , Jen, SW MI Planner and any other cyburbnites

It has been a while since we discussed the Michigan Gathering to meet and greet. On May 29.

Michaelskis, are you still planning on coming through Kalamzoo, it was you passing through K-zoo that got thsi whole ball rolling.

Are we still going to grab lunch or something at the Corner Bar?

Anyone else interested in meeting up on May 29 th., that is this Thur?

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Hi from Michigan
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 30 Jul 2013, 10:55 AM
  2. Hey all from Michigan
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 01 Oct 2010, 5:14 PM
  3. Greetings from Michigan