Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inspired by the worst date thread....

Registered
    Jan 2003
    When I was in the fourth grade, my first real crush was on a girl who was cute, had money (her father had a well-known car dealership), and smart -- clearly at the top of our class. Now that I'm thirty, I find I'm still attracted to that type -- although money has never had a prominent role. What takes someone from sheer interest to real attraction has been a sense of drive. I admire someone who has interests and goals and pursues them. I've never been interested on girls who I thought were easy or didn't have a life. Even if they don't exactly match with mine. If a girl has a certain physical appeal, shares my values, and is driven -- that's the ticket.

The commonality that I've noticed with all the girls/women I've been attracted to has been a certain waifness -- being small-framed myself (38 S-R suit size), I just feel more comfortable with those I can wrap my arms around. I agree to the theory of attractiveness equals, and would add to that physique equals (not necessarily the same thing), that make a relationship stick longer. After all, have you ever seen an overweight person with a thin person? Rarely.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Ok now we are talking

Originally posted by michaelskis
    ...NO CATS...
    Have you ever noticed that so many of the women who post personals on sites like Match.com own cats? What is it with single women and cats? Are they practicing for when they are old and living alone in a house with a hundred of them?

When I see in an add that a woman does not like cats, or even better, has a dog, they score extra points with me.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Re: Ok now we are talking

Originally posted by Michael Stumpf
    What is it with single women and cats?
    When I was single I used to do a lot of traveling. I tried having a dog, but when you are gone for three weeks, it's expensive and IMO mean to put them in a kennel. Cats, although not as fun as dogs, are fun pets and are easy to take care of. I went away for three weeks to Europe and just had a friend come over and clean out the cat box a few times and fill up the food and water containers maybe five or six times. My cat was fine... totally content to wander around the house while I was gone. Couldn't do that with a dog. I think you'll find that women with cats are pretty happy to get dogs once they settle down.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by nerudite
    your hair was a little darker and you borrowed bturk's glasses for the night... watch out MaryPoppins!
    I always wondered what I'd look like in glasses (can't help you on the hair though!)....

Excuse the shoddy photoshop work...I only had a couple of minutes after lunch to put this together for nerudite.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by NHPlanner
    Excuse the shoddy photoshop work...I only had a couple of minutes after lunch to put this together for nerudite.
    Hubba hubba!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by mike gurnee
    From an ancient song:
    I want a gal,
    just like the gal,
    that married dear old dad.
    Ok, maybe this should be a new thread. But how many of us find we've married (or are in a serious relationship) with a man who reminds us of our dad/woman like mom?

I'll be honest, while my husband looks nothing like my dad, personality wise they can be frightening similar. They're both kind of quiet and moody, but good sense of humor and dedication to family. Sometimes my husband will say something and I just want to die it is so much like something my dad would say.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Downtown
    Ok, maybe this should be a new thread. But how many of us find we've married (or are in a serious relationship) with a man who reminds us of our dad/woman like mom?
    There are a few similarities between Bradd and my dad. Mostly with dry sense of humor/personality. Goals in life, political leanings, and other big issues... totally different. But I was first attracted to Bradd due to his sense of humor... and that's the thing I admire most about my dad too. So maybe you look for the things you like most about your parent and not just for a similar person.

Registered
    Dec 2001

Re: Re: Ok now we are talking

Originally posted by Michael Stumpf
    Have you ever noticed that so many of the women who post personals on sites like Match.com own cats? What is it with single women and cats? Are they practicing for when they are old and living alone in a house with a hundred of them?

When I see in an add that a woman does not like cats, or even better, has a dog, they score extra points with me.
    Okay, I have two cats, but we're not "replacing" them after they take the big dirt nap. I'm stuck on weims and boxers now. (Postin' pics soon)

James is nothing like my dad, but he compliments my personality.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    When I met my girlfriend, I think the first thing that I noticed where her eyes and hands (honestly!), but I didn't stop with that of course. She was nice and funny, but the final kick was: most girls take wine when they go out. She had a beer, and it was larger than mine.
    I was deeply impressed.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by Chris
    most girls take wine when they go out. She had a beer, and it was larger than mine.
    I was deeply impressed.
    Sounds like a good catch!!
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Need a break from CDA BS...

Let's focus on the shallow stuff...

A fit girl. She must take care of herself. She must be athletic, and I mean VERY atheltic. She must participate in sports at a competitive level...no recreational BS...otherwise you don't understand or respect the level of dedication involved. I played soccer in college, so she should should have played a sport at that level too.

She must make heads turn. I need to be with someone I believe is equally attractive as myself (I may not be the belle of the ball, but I not a pumpkin either). **Kudos to NH for posting a picture to be rated...I just don't have the balls for it.** Whereever I fall in the "scale," she had better be an equivalent.

Tall, short, big breasts, cute arse, great legs, whatever...I am not going to focus on a specific body part...there are a lot of attractive women out there and there are a lot of things I am attracted to...But I am going to want to see this woman naked A LOT, so attractiveness is important.
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Originally posted by Chris
    most girls take wine when they go out. She had a beer, and it was larger than mine. I was deeply impressed.
    Was it a wimpy Warsteiner, or was it a good bock or altbier? If my date drank a rauchbier, I'd be very impressed.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Originally posted by Dan
    Was it a wimpy Warsteiner, or was it a good bock or altbier? If my date drank a rauchbier, I'd be very impressed.
    Let's not forget a good cigar.
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by prudence
    Need a break from CDA BS...

Let's focus on the shallow stuff...

A fit girl. She must take care of herself. She must be athletic, and I mean VERY atheltic. She must participate in sports at a competitive level...no recreational BS...otherwise you don't understand or respect the level of dedication involved. I played soccer in college, so she should should have played a sport at that level too.

She must make heads turn. I need to be with someone I believe is equally attractive as myself (I may not be the belle of the ball, but I not a pumpkin either). **Kudos to NH for posting a picture to be rated...I just don't have the balls for it.** Whereever I fall in the "scale," she had better be an equivalent.

Tall, short, big breasts, cute arse, great legs, whatever...I am not going to focus on a specific body part...there are a lot of attractive women out there and there are a lot of things I am attracted to...But I am going to want to see this woman naked A LOT, so attractiveness is important.

Finally, someone who has the balls to say they want a hot chick...no beating around the bush with personality, intelligence, etc...

I like hot chicks too...and if I'd be embarassed to introduce her to my friends...she isn't good enough. Looks will get your foot in the door...personality is second.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    a Weizen. One plain Liter.
    but that rauchbier girl must be some catch really. worth her weight in gold.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I like tall, skinny girls.

Smell is important too, nice soap/shampoo or body lotion, not too "perfumy" not too patchouli either.

Tall is preferable (5'8 plus), I'm 6'2 ish and don't like to bend too much.

Hair colour, variable, prefer dark blonde/light brunettes.

Physically fit helps (love abs, even though mine are hiden by winter fat right now), cyclist even better .

Reader (not romance novels), funny, domineering/dominating ok (not too the point of Bitchy though), independent ( I don't like clingy people), not too judemental (I havbe lots of flaws and am aware of most of them) and can take my parents and friends (few and far between).

I'm with Dan, even though she is none of the above(physically at least), Jeanne Garafolo does something for me.

I think I am a 6-7 in appearance(Mary Poppins sound right?) I dress up much better then my everyday appearance.

[EDIT] After rereading this post and thinking somemore about the girls I have gone out with and those that I am attracted too, I'm not so sure that I have a type. I have seen a few short, dark haired, slightly over weight girls that are appealing on some level. Maybe this is why i am single, can't choose. [/EDIT]
    Last edited by donk; 11 May 2003 at 5:37 PM.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Wait now... Are we talkin' bone hoppin'? Or long haul... To me, those can be WAY different.

The last of the best was a 21 y.o. co-ed, short blonde hair, medium (real) and perky chest... and just a nice "hardbody". I mean, she was married to an ex-marine fireman (don't ask), and what she wanted with me I have no idea... but hey, it was a real... erm... okay enough.

The reason I wouldn't want a LTR with her? She couldn't have a decent discussion on anything! The two things I have to have are intelligence and common sense.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 08 Aug 2005, 11:35 AM
  2. The Blind Date Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club