Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Mother Nature

Registered
    Jul 2002

Mother Nature

As an Oklahoma native, I just needed to express my sadness at yesterday's tornados that hit the state-- the same area (Moore) was flattened as it was just a few years ago. This is only about 5 miles from where my family lives. My heart just goes out to those people who have to re-build (again). One news story featured a couple who live in Moore and have been hit 4 times.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    It's pretty tragic. It's also a reminder to me that hurricane season is approaching and I'm not thrilled about it.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by Planderella
    It's also a reminder to me that hurricane season is approaching and I'm not thrilled about it.
    Jes, I don’t like that either….
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Oct 2001
    There were actually funnel clouds spotted in Northern California yesterday afternoon. 10 miles from my home! And, this is May (What's wierd is it only sprinkled where I was walking my dog-and 15 miles away thunderstorms and funnel clouds and tornado warnings.) Yipes!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    All I can say is that I'll take the occasional blizzard and 6 months of winter to avoid: tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, fire ants, poisonous snakes and mud slides.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We had strong sustained winds last Sunday. If the leave had been out on the trees, I'm sure we would have lost many more than we did. On a positive note, the birds were not able to fly very well, so they huddled in the pines and near the feeders, where I could see them easily. Rack up the first two indigo buntings, the first bluebird, and the first scarlet tanager of the year.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Mother Nature is a B****.

It snowed here last night. Did not stay on the ground, but it snowed none the less.

The scariest thing I ever saw was a tornado(mid 80's Grand Valley-Barrie Tornado) from about 10 miles away. The sky turned a really freaky shade of green, and was really still.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Assumption is the Mother of all
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 27
    Last post: 12 Dec 2006, 3:29 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 28 Oct 2004, 2:21 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Sep 2003, 4:34 PM
  4. Mother or Father Earth??
    Friday Afternoon Club