Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession time, Part II

Registered
    Aug 2001

Confession time, Part II

Okay everyone... I decided to start this thread again because 1) it was damn fun and 2) I want to know more about our new members that got to read all the dirt about our little lives.

So c'mon people... 'fess up!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Here are some new confessions to start the ball rolling again:

I haven't vaccuumed my car since the beginning of winter (what's the point?). Since they are cleaning up the roads right now, I may actually get around to it before July, if I'm lucky.

I actually enjoy watching Jackass.

I like Smallville.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I dislike most television, although I probably watch as much as anyone. Given my preference, we would have no tv cable or antenae. Instead, the house would be fully wired for stereo sound everywhere.

I have never had a political affiliation.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I told my son and his friend today that the local skate park they wanted to visit was closed (lies, all lies!) for Memorial Day (because I didn't want to sit out in 95 d. heat for a couple hours).

I am irrationally addicted to gossip about my former place of employment because I want the boss to be fired!

I helped talk Trail Nazi into moving with her husband last fall and now I feel so guilty. I mean, I want her to be with her husband, but I feel bad because she is not happy there.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    hmm... I lost my 2 posts per day rythm
    i'm too dull to think of anything else :p

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I also like Smallville.
    el Guapo is a former 20 year +/- urban planner (just like you) who thought becoming an attorney was a good life choice.

     
    Registered
    May 2003
    I'm tired of my boyfriend.

I love Law and Order.

I think chocolate is overrated.

I also like Smallville.
    You're a good man. Just be careful out there in Kansas.

I like Superman the original series, the 1st &2nd movies and the last series on abc. And I can't wait for the new superman movie to get in production. Anthony Hopkins says he wants to be Jor-el -I can't think of a better person other than the late great Loren Green

When I was a kid I had superfriends tennis shoes from Kmart....Ahhhh those were the days

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I've taken two pre-natal vitamins since I got pregnant - they make me constipated so I'm just a crappy mother already. But I'm making an effort to be better about it.

I hate when my grandmother brings her boyfriend to EVERY family function. I'm happy for her that she's found someone to spend time with, but he's deaf and smells funny and isn't very bright and is impossible to talk to and he can't keep me straight with my sister and he just aggravates me so much.

When we were kids, I used to dress up my little sister (approx. age 5) like Madonna/a hooker, with full make up and hair and sequined tube top and then we'd play photo shoot. (I just thought of this one because I just found the photos when we were at my parent's this weekend. hee!)

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    There are times when I purposely let my voice mail answer my phone, even though I'm sitting at my desk, simply because I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone.

I had my new business cards made with "AICP" on them before I officially got my exam results a couple of years ago.

My wife and I have, in the past when I'm at work waiting for a night meeting, used Cyburbia's private messaging system for non-planning or built environment oriented messages.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by The Irish one
    When I was a kid I had superfriends tennis shoes from Kmart....Ahhhh those were the days
    I owned the whole set of Superfriends Underoos (Plus a Spiderman pair) and I would wear them all day, everyday playing aound the house.

I confess that one summer a couple of years back I turnded into a complete girl and watched Days of Our lIves on a daily basis.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I just watched Jackass for the first time over the weekend...it was hilarious!
    However I was also suffering from major PMS -- and unfortunately my boyfriend took the brunt of it. I'm not sure if we're still speaking today....

     
    Registered
    May 2003
    Underoos!!!!!
    I had C3-PO and R2-D2.

I have always wanted to play soccer but my parents were never very sports minded and now I feel like it's too late to learn...

I stole the cookie from the cookie jar.

Originally posted by NHPlanner
    There are times when I purposely let my voice mail answer my phone, even though I'm sitting at my desk, simply because I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone.
    I do that all the time. It is the only way to get work done around here. We also have caller ID, which comes in handy when I don't want to talk to certain people.

Other confessions...

Sometimes I will throw an occasional can, bottle, or newspaper into the regular garbage.

I have downloaded hundreds of albums from the internet with no intention of ever purchasing the albums.

I think that Planning/Zoning has gone way overboard in its intrepretation of what constitutes "protecting the health, safety and welfare" of the public.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess

I am irrationally addicted to gossip about my former place of employment because I want the boss to be fired!

Me too.

Since I've had no real time consuming tasks at work for the past few weeks and don't forsee any in the near future, I've been using that time to plan my wedding.

I was addicted to the Real World/Road Rules Challenge.

I absolutely love Ashton Kutcher's show on MTV - Punk'd.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I plagerized (sp?) in college like it was going out of style
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    May 2003

College confessions

Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    I plagerized (sp?) in college like it was going out of style
    I had a classmate in graduate planning school literally hold my hand through statistics. If it wasn't for her help, I would never have gotten my planning degree.

On the other hand, in 17 years of planning, I have never done a chi square or regression analysis, and I have never needed to.

I have some conservative beliefs, even though I consider myself pretty liberal (I voted for Nader in 2 elections).

I like that GW got another tax cut through. Anytime the American people can get more of their own money back it is a good thing.

I wrote almost all of my undergrad papers using only research "extracts" on the library computers. I never found the actual research papers, articles, books, etc.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I have nearly 6 hours of Jackass on VHS and when I fill up my tape I plan on editing out the commercials and duplicate stunts so I have hours of uninterupted Jackass to watch when I feel like a good belly laugh.

I once had a girlfriend, now long time ex - that I was never in love with but told her I loved her.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Originally posted by JoshD
    I have nearly 6 hours of Jackass on VHS and when I fill up my tape I plan on editing out the commercials and duplicate stunts so I have hours of uninterupted Jackass to watch when I feel like a good belly laugh.
    I watched Jackass: The Movie yesterday on pay-per-view. About as funny as thre TV show; I don't think I'd be missing much by not seeing the movie, except uncensored profanity.

I'm a fan of MTV's Fraternity Life and Sorority Life.

I let the grass in the back yard grow about a month before I mowed it yesterday.

COPS!

I want to buy a rifle.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I don't believe in consensus building.

I hate "role play" exercises at seminars.

I watch an inordinant amount of stand up comedy on Comedy Central.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I've watched both seasons of American Idol....

I like Madonna (but not her acting)....

I take pleasure in news stories featuring animals prevailing over man (here in Florida it is typically gators attacking people after they try to feed the gators dog chow, pork rinds or some other tasty treat)....

Registered
    Nov 2002
    My parents did not have children until the mid to late 1960's when they were in their late 30's and early 40's.

Consequently my sister and I had quite a different upbringing from our friends, whose parents were typically 15-20 years younger than ours. An example: my wife's grandmother is the age of my parents.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I now hardly ever answer my office phone. You will only speak with me if you leave a message. I used to hate people like me.

I once told a hateful ultra-right-wing conservative ex-co-worker that I was an anarchist and the revolution was soon coming, just so he would stop contantly harassing me with his political views.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 29 Aug 2008, 11:23 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Jul 2008, 7:20 PM
  3. Confession Time, Part III
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 16 May 2006, 12:58 PM
  4. Replies: 64