Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession time, Part II

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Another confession. Pregnant Cyburbians, take note. I use my child as an excuse to get out of non-work-related stuff I really don't want to do, like "I can't go; I have to take Conner to a birthday party". Always works.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    In college, I never balanced my checkbook once. However, when we got Quicken, I became the bill paying Nazi. Well, at least before gettting pregnant. I LOVED to pay bills. And I'd make little (ok, not so little) spreadsheets to track our student loans and mortgage, to see when we'd get them paid off if we sent in extra money every month. Total dork.

Moving at my own pace....... Planderella's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 1998
    Years ago, I got busted for some "embellishments" on my resume during a job interview.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Another confession. Pregnant Cyburbians, take note. I use my child as an excuse to get out of non-work-related stuff I really don't want to do, like "I can't go; I have to take Conner to a birthday party". Always works.
    And now, a word from the equality police:

Men, this works just as well for us!
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Sep 2001
    While I pay most things early/on time, I never balance my cheque book, most months I go into overdraft protection at least once. In the end it always evens out and I have a pretty good idea where the money went .
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I've used my boobs to get me stuff- including a discount on a tire rotation and oil change this morning.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Originally posted by Habanero
    I've used my boobs to get me stuff- including a discount on a tire rotation and oil change this morning.
    Geez, now you're out flashing mechanics! What's next?

I've used my boobs to get me stuff
    That is soooo hot.

From 5th grade to 9th grade I was obsessed with nuclear war and dreampt about it quite often.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I've used my boobs to get me stuff.
    Yeah, I've done that too... I don't feel too bad because I figure what I get now will offset the back problems I have later in life.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I've tried to use my boobs as a eye candy to gain a tactical advantage with police officers and mechanics, but to no effect.

I'm going to join the Sons of the American Revolution

Registered
    Aug 2001
    My youngest child is eligible to start all day everyday kindergarten next fall, but I am holding her back so i can have an extra year to goof off before I have to find a job!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I've used my boobs to get me stuff.
    Done that one too. Very good tactic to play, but it can be used as a trump card as not to abuse it. It is even worse now that I am pregnant.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I used my state(s) of pregnancy to get things. I was invited to cut in line at the beef tenderloin section of a fancy wedding (not mine ) buffet. Two days before delivering my last child, I was bumped to the beginning of the car repair waiting line, since I looked pretty unstable. Car grease and broken water do not mix.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by kms
    I used my state(s) of pregnancy to get things. I was invited to cut in line at the beef tenderloin section of a fancy wedding (not mine ) buffet. Two days before delivering my last child, I was bumped to the beginning of the car repair waiting line, since I looked pretty unstable. Car grease and broken water do not mix.
    I'm dying to start showing so that i too can exploit my pregnancy for personal gain. I'm in my fourth month and still don't look pregnant yet, aside from the green tinge I've acquired with the all day sickness. But as it is, I did use my pregnancy to snag a highly coveting seat on a couch at an all day seminar I attended recently. AND even though it is perfectly safe, I haven't told Rob otherwise, and I'm "not allowed" to help out with any of the nursery or living room painting. yeah!

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I booked the church and dj while at work today. I calculate food costs at work and have a spreadsheet to see which reception site will let us eat what we want and also allow us to have a full open bar (we'll be having an 8 drink minimum).
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I was checking some old pages here and saw the Sim City topic go up (sorry to bring it back :p)

well I can't seem to balance the friggin budget in sc4! so when you need financial advise, call me

The weird thing is that in Real Life™ I'm not that bad with money... sure I'm a cheap bastard, but what the heck :p

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I spend several hours (I mean several) on fantasy football every fall. Never at work though.....

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I spend too much time reading posts on Cyburbia when I am at work. Guess there are a lot of us!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I am watching the posts quite a bit too while I am at work. Cyburbia is addictive.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Originally posted by Trail Nazi
    I am watching the posts quite a bit too while I am at work. Cyburbia is addictive.
    Yes, say "Thank you Zoning Goddess!". Oops, sorry, you are one of the other zoning goddesses.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I almost never answer the phone at home since I got caller ID. 90% of calls are from "unknown caller" anyway.

I was once at a party, broke a friend's expensive piece of crystal (no witnesses). The next day she asked me if I would inquire around discretely to see if I could find out for her who might have broke her favorite decoration. I agreed to do so... but never found the perp.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

I watched Dancing with the Stars-- and liked it.
    I read People magazine at the dentist and in the checkout line at the grocery store and always put it back in the wrong place.
    I drink Coors beer although the Coors family support right-wing causes.

I've never used my boobs to get anything but if I had boobs I'd use them, and I rather like looking at boobs.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    yes on the boob thing - they are very powerful and have gotten me out of alot of scrapes but added to my skill out of getting away from what would have been a harassment suit on the job when i was in my 20's and 30's -

but my confession is that my dad used to tell the guys i dated (including my now husband) to "watch out for my daughter, she could charm a snake"

wtf, huh?

guess that's why I'm a planner, so that's the confesssion for today -

Registered
    May 2002
    Here's two:

I have started to weed out friends that require maintanance. Can't get in your car and drive the 20 miles to my house because in the five years I've known you, you still don't have a drivers licence? Tough.

I love my parents, but I'm glad my Mom lives an hour away so that she can't drop in without calling and giving due notice.

Quote Originally posted by kms
    I used my state(s) of pregnancy to get things.
    As a Dad, I can't say this, but I sure do get mileage out of having the little boy around. I get free stuff from coffee shops, but more importantly, he's an instant excuse from leaving crappy places.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 27 Feb 2006 at 4:02 PM.
    Maintaining enthusiasm in the face of crushing apathy.

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 29 Aug 2008, 10:23 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Jul 2008, 6:20 PM
  3. Confession Time, Part III
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 16 May 2006, 11:58 AM
  4. Replies: 64