+ Reply to thread

Thread: Milwaukee Bar in Toronto?

Registered
    Aug 2001

Milwaukee Bar in Toronto?

Tranplanner - how is this place? ?

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Before you all rush north for $1.75 bottles of beer, their conversion rates are a little off - try $2.60US for the $3.50CDN beer.

I don't know the bar though.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I've never actually been to Milwaukee's (or Milwaukee either)...and though I've seen it, I haven't heard anything about it. Cheap beer is right up my alley though, so I'll give it a try sometime (maybe Donk will want to go when he passes through at the end of the month?) and let you know.

A Wisconsin theme bar? Uh, sounds like fun...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Tranplanner
    A Wisconsin theme bar? Uh, sounds like fun...
    Be sure to let us know how their deep fried cheese is!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Must not be too much of a dive as I have never heard of it or been there either.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    One of my Las Cruces-era friends and I made a roadtrip from Philadelphia, where he was living at the time, to Washington DC, to visit a restaurant/bar called "Las Cruces." Yes, it was actually themed after the city in New Mexico. The menu incorporated Dona Ana county issued New Mexico license plates, the kitchen staff were all imported from Cruces, and the food was the most authentic Mexican cusine I've eaten outside of New Mexico.

A review - see http://www.cahe.nmsu.edu/pubs/resour...lascruces.html

The Buffalo Wild Wings chain used to have a Buffalo theme. Now, aside from a few posters, it's now just a generic sports bar. The Buffalo's restaurant chain out of Atlanta also has no Buffalo theme. There used to be an honest-to-goodness Buffalo neighborhood bar in Las Vegas called Rob Roy; it was literally transplanted by the owner from a blue collar neighborhood in Buffalo to Nevada.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    An update...

So, Donk and I decided that in honour of our cyburbanite friends from Cheeseland, we'd give this place a shot on our recent mini pub crawl last week.

Ummm...if this is what Milwaukee is like, I'll pass - thanks. It was really lame, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized - "hey, I have been here before". Back then it was called the "Loose Moose". They haven't changed ANYTHING, except the name. Okay, they did take down the big stuffed moose.

We both had Creemore...seemed to be the only decent thing on tap. My wife had a Blue Lagoon.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I second that opinion.

The real question is how many moosehead mirrors are there in the city of milwaukee? I bet this bar has more.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    No moose head mirrors that I can think of. Then again, the bars I hang out in dont have mirrors. You have to clean those. Dont even expect a door on the terlet stall. Hope you dont have to #2 when you're there...

Registered
    Jun 2003
    The office next to me houses our PR Officer who is Canadian. She is handing out (ie. forcing on us) lapel stickers of the Canadian Flag today "because it is Canada Day". If this is true - all the best to our Commonwealth partners - if it is untrue, I guess I have proven my gullibility ......

Registered
    Sep 2001
    July 1st is canada day.

One hell of a long weekenmd for me (thursday-wednesday)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hello from Milwaukee
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 12 Jan 2007, 10:14 PM
  2. Hello from Milwaukee!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 22 Apr 2005, 5:41 PM
  3. Hello from Milwaukee
    Introduce Yourself