Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Budgie Bio

Registered
    Dec 2001

The Budgie Bio

For those of you who may have missed him inpopular threads such as "The Segway Thread," The New Segway Thread," and "Why Does Metallica Suck?" I present to you ... Budgie...

I'm a 32 year old eccentric. I drink stout. I don't own a television (which freaked out the cable guy the other day), I read classic Russian literature. Worship Cliff. Listen to Sabbath, Primus and Mr. Bungle. Use a Segway. Listen to baseball on the radio. Think Conan the Barbarian and Clockwork Orange are the two greatest movies ever. I'm on the brink of hermitdom. Is Kazinsky's (spelling) room for rent? Long live Gwar.

Do you respect me more now?

Registered
    Feb 2000

What's the point?

I fail to see why this is worth of even a meager thread on this forum.

Registered
    Jun 2003

Re: What's the point?

Originally posted by Budgie
    I think because right behind sexual inuendo, character assasination is the favourite Cyburbia sport.

I think the thread is nice because it gets people to know the real Budgle. Kind of like a VH1 special: "Budgie - Beyond the Segway"

Honestly, I think that a lot of people associate you with the Segway threads and now we find out you are a metalhead, just like many of us were/are.

Rock on!
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Budgie - I actually took Mike D's post as a back handed compliment about your intelligence. Well, except for that part about hermitdom maybe. It could have been an O.T. post in another thread rather than the drawl that it is.

Mike : A for effort, C- for implementation. I hope your clients fare better.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: What's the point?

Rereading it, I think the point is that the man whose alias is Budgie is far, far more than just a Segway fan. We're glad to be seeing you come out of your shell. I don't think it's derogatory, IMHO.

I'm sure Stardarcy does more than draw maps of imaginary subdivisions, too.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2000

Compliment

I take it as a compliment. The typical school, work, family, blah, blah, blah bio doesn't really get into someones head.

My dad was a bluegrass picker (banjo). In the 1970's my summer weekends were spent running barefoot in the mountains at bluegrass festivals while the mountain dwellers got stoned. Dad forced us to watch "Deliverance" over and over. When I was a 4th grader, we moved to England (on account of my dad's day job "the Air Farce"), where I graduated from high school. I spent my time wandering the streets of London, Amsterdam and Paris, hanging out at the pub, going to thrash concerts and partying in the countryside. Returning to the heartland was a major culture shock from which I have never recovered.

In the immortal words of Popeye:

"I ams what I ams and that's all that I ams."

Wasn't "The real me" a song by W.A.S.P., does anyone remember Blackie Lawless. I met W.A.S.P.'s drummer when he was with L.A. Guns and he said Blackie was a real jerk. Has anyone witness a human sacrafice at a W.A.S.P. concert. What a joke.

I used to love WASP. My friends and I would debate over what W.A.S.P. stood for. Was it White Anglo Saxon Protestants or We Are Sexual Perverts?
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I always heard We Are Sexual Perverts .... and ...We Are Satans People

Registered
    Oct 2001
    And KISS, of course, were Kids in Satans Service.

God, what would the youth ministers of Fort Wayne Indiana say about Scandinavian death metal?

Registered
    Feb 2000
    My personal favorites are:

Sacred Reich,
    Nuclear Assault,
    S.O.D., and
    Acid Reign

Sacred Reich,
    Nuclear Assault,
    S.O.D., and
    Acid Reign
    Oh my lord, Budgie. I have albums (not CDs) by all of them. Not many pepople have Acid Reign records....I only have Moshkinstein. Nuclear Assault's "Survive" and "Game Over" were in heavy rotation when I was a teenager.

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Feb 2000

Acid Reign

I saw Acid Reign and Re-Animator open up for Nuclear Assault at the Cambridge Corn Exchange in 1988.

I've got Moshkinstein on vinyl, their 10" Humanoia single (live tracks on the B side) and a combo Moshkinstein and The Fear CD. Their second album (The Fear) had some excellent speed grind guitar riffs.

I saw Nuclear Assault two other times. The last time was at the Coyote Club in Wichita in 1990. I've got tons of Nuclear Assault stuff.

Scott Ian's SOD riffs are classic.

Registered
    Apr 2002

Sacred Reich,
    Nuclear Assault,
    S.O.D., and
    Acid Reign
    Well, I guess missed these. Never heard of them...

But none the less, a belated welcome aboard to Budgie, the man who is more than a SHT rider
    Cheers,
    UrbanRunner
    :)

Registered
    Oct 2001

Re: Compliment

Dad forced us to watch "Deliverance" over and over.
    With my dad it was the movie Patton.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Budgie on NPR?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 32
    Last post: 05 Apr 2004, 12:10 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last post: 23 Mar 2004, 5:38 PM