Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Doper Dan?

Registered
    Aug 2001

Doper Dan?

A regular on the SDMB eh? There are some great topics discussed in detail there though I mostly lurk about and laugh at what people post in the BBQ Pit.

Someone called CrankyasAnOldMan is hosting a Michigan DopeFest at their house to watch movies. What kind of movies? I have no clue - hence I wouldn't dream of going! Not to mention Mr. Jen wouldn't be pried or bribed out of his garage so close to riding season (major motorcycle rebuilds going on)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: Doper Dan?

Originally posted by Jen
    A regular on the SDMB eh? There are some great topics discussed in detail there though I mostly lurk about and laugh at what people post in the BBQ Pit.
    I'm certainly no handy -- my post count at the SDMB is around 900 or so; mostly General Questions (answering them, at least) and MPSIMS. I'll read Pit postings, but I don't post there too often.

Whenever the SDMB is down (last year, for about two weeks, it was inaccessible to anyone with a cable modem -- go figure), some Dopers will head over to The Fabulous Forums of Fathom, which is run by one of the SDMB's more prolific posters.

As an aside, I know I'll never get SDMB-volume traffic here. (We're looking at 500 to 1000 posts a day there!) Still, considering that some average Joes and Janes have bulletin boards that seem busier than Cyburbia, I'd like to see more traffic here. I'm including the Cyburbia forum URLs in my posts at skyscraperpage, and I should make more regular announcements at alt.planning.urban. (The worst trolls in alt.planning.urban are already pre-banned, so I don't think we'd see Cyburbia fill up with the usual sprawl good/sprawl bad debates that dominate the newsgroup.)
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread