Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Digital submissions of development proposals?

Digital submissions of development proposals?

The organization I'm working for is updating a Master Plan for one of our member towns, and this time we're including a chapter on technology issues. The town is interested to learn more about how development proposals could be submitted digitally and what standards could be applied to the submission, i.e.: the submission must be in the generally-accepted format (NH State Plane in NH) so that it could be viewed as coverage over the town's digital tax map.

Has anyone written anything having to do with this subject? If so, I'd like to find out more about the language you used regarding such standards. It would be a big help in finally finishing up this Master Plan!

Thanks!

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Welcome to Cyburbia, John.

I'd suggest you join the NH Plan-Link e-mail discussion group, and pose your question there as well as here. Go to http://webster.state.nh.us/osp/plan-link/start.html
    to join.

In Londonderry, we have the following in our Subdivision and Site Plan regulations:

Board Signature: Prior to obtaining Board signature, the Applicant shall submit two (2) complete paper print plan sets and supporting documents as required in Section 4.19 with a letter explaining how the Applicant addressed the conditions of approval. This shall include final and complete reports for all items submitted during review for the Town of Londonderry’s file. The Chairman and Secretary of the Board shall endorse a reproducible mylar, and four (4) paper copies of the approved plan(s) meeting the conditions of approval upon receipt of an executed bond for all improvements, excluding buildings. The Planning Department shall retain a reproducible and four (4) paper copies with supporting documents for Town of Londonderry records.

In addition, complete electronic files of all of the drawings in the plan set in the latest AutoCAD format or other acceptable format approved by the Town shall be provided for the Town of Londonderry’s records.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Thanks, NHPlanner!

I just subscribed to the listserve and sent the same message as above.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Our requirement:

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, That a digital *.DXF file, *.DGN file, or *.DWG file of [Project Description] be submitted to the City and all information transmitted shall be tied to and referenced to State Plane Coordinates NGVD 1929 or others approved by the City Engineer.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Writing proposals
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 10 Feb 2010, 12:09 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 09 Mar 2006, 10:37 AM
  3. Marriage Proposals
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 99
    Last post: 30 Mar 2004, 7:20 PM