Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Documentaries on Cities and Places

Registered
    Sep 2001

Documentaries on Cities and Places

CBC radio and TV are on a Cities and Places focus lately.

Here are some documentaries available on the web.

This on eis about regent park and public housing http://www.cbc.ca/webone/regentpark/

City States, focuses on different issues facing Canadian Citys.
    http://www.cbc.ca/thehouse/
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Apr 2002
    Thanks, they look interesting.
    Cheers,
    UrbanRunner
    :)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Cool donk.

Anyone see the documentary / extreme engineering show on Boston's big dig? It aired Sunday, I thikn on History channel or Discovery channel.

Have you seen the one on the BBC, about an old house down through the various Georgian, Victorian, Edwardian, pre-war and post-war, and finally dereliction documentary? It tracks the history of a house in Bristol i think.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    I so need cable...
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    The ones I mentioned at the start of this thread are available on the internet. They are CBC radio programs and run about 45 minutes in length.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Has anyone ever watched the documentary DVD disc in the Gangs of New York DVD edition? Just interested to know what people might have thought of the movie and the background done to make it.

It is interesting how the Gangs fought against making the Fire Department an official state paid force. It is interesting because here in Dublin, we only recently had a similar minor hassle over the Taxi drivers, and the politicians.

So i can honestly believe what happened in Gangs of New York actually happened.

Apparently the first housing laws and sanitation laws begun as a result of the draft rights. Things like state paid police forces and firemen, things we now take for granted, still hadn't been quite worked out at this time.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 22 Jan 2012, 9:39 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 17 Apr 2007, 9:19 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last post: 05 Apr 2007, 12:56 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last post: 16 Nov 2004, 1:31 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last post: 16 Nov 2004, 9:32 AM