Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Residential developments in Dallas/Chicago

Residential developments in Dallas/Chicago

I am interested in learning more about certain communities in the States, and they are:

Addison Circle in Dallas
    State Thomas in Dalls
    Dearborn Park in Chicago
    Museum Square (at Central Station) in Chicago
    (i'm uncertain if these names are correct).

Any kind of information- weblinks, statistics, developer's name, maps- would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yes I do know a little bit about the State of Thomas and Addison Circle in Dallas. I have the maps of both and could scan them and mail them to you... I recently visited both, they are great areas, but my problem with them is they are somewhat exclusive. Why can't developments similar to these be created for the middle to upper-middle income ranges.

I believe the State of Thomas area had 12 developers / owners in the area. It is fairly large area that was dilapidated prior to the project...

Like I said I do have the maps of the area and could email them to u if you would like... Another interesting place I just visited (in Dallas area) is Legacy Trails, it is a Campus/Mixed Use area for EDI. When completed it will have many characteristics similar to Addison Circle and State of Thomas.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 19 Nov 2008, 6:40 PM
  2. Dallas...?
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 27 Oct 2008, 11:48 AM
  3. Names of residential developments
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 82
    Last post: 15 Jan 2008, 6:01 PM