• other- please explain.

6 12.77%
Closed thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Bush?

     
    Registered
    May 2003

What is Bush?

Bush wants to make homosexual marriages illegal even after the sodomy laws were overturned in Texas.

http://www.statesman.com/nationworld...ushgaymar.html

I personally am not a fan of this guy at all, and I feel like every thing he's doing is dumber and dumber.

Prediction

Homosexual marriage will not be legal. The legal title will be Civil Union -and it is coming, like it or not. There are practical social and political reasons for the title difference. I'm sure you understand.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I like Bush.

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    all politicians are puppets... it depends who is tugging at their strings.....Bush has got to be about the dumbest puppet....and that accent he has is pathetic and unnatural....just another facet of his inability to speak.

The marriage issue... civil union should be legal and enjoy the same benefits of marriages. Civil Union/Marriage... who cares what it is called... a rose, is a rose,, is a rose...
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Originally posted by Mike D.
    I like Bush.
    Mike D.

We're talking about Bush the president. Just wanted to make sure we were all no the same page.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    homosexual marriage is already illegal and let's not be completely ignorant here, William J. Clinton signed the "Defense of Marriage Act" during his term which ensured that a legal union in one state between gays does not have to be recognized by any other state.

The pure hatred you guys have for the sitting President is shameful. I love it. You called Regan dumb, Ford dumb, Nixon Dumb, and I don't know if you called eisenhower dumb

Fine disagree with policy but I would stop underestimating him.

Your (the collective) hatred of him is without cause.

The pure hatred you guys have for the sitting President is shameful.

Right wing ideologues have always wrapped themselves in the flag, labeling those who diagree with them as traitorous and unpatriotic. This is fascism (by definition), not patriotism.
    Our nation's diversity allows us to have various viewpionts, all of which take us toward democratic solutions to problems. It is against the spirit of our nation and patriotically shamful to hate or ridicule another American for merely holding an opposing opinion.
    Bush says the Democratic Party has got to go away. Maybe he did not notice, but more people voted Democratic than Republican in the past three presidential elections. With so many "traitors" among us, how does this country endure?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Bush is okay, but some prefer Dick

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    PU

you make no sense. I suggested that a difference of opinion on policy is healthy and wanted; debate is good. you just hate him. that's juvinile.

Bush is a dope!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    But g, haven't you heard?

Bush is HITLER!!!

All the cool kids say so, and lots of filmmakers, and celebrities too!

It MUST be true.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by Planificador Urbano
    With so many "traitors" among us, how does this country endure?
    EXACTLY!

Back on point. I don't dislike our President. I reluctantly voted for him. My orginal hope for the party was McCain. Looking back, I too underestemated the guy in many ways.

After 3 some years, I agree with most of his decisions on a wide range of subjects and I find his lack of evil duplicity (see prior President) refreshing. The whole Ashcroft - suspension of civil liberties - still bothers me. I believe that issue still needs addressed.

The most heart warming thing about our President is the fact that he pisses off liberals as much as Clinton did conservatives. That makes me just the slightest bit giddy. So order your Malox/Zantac by the case Pinkos cause you have a little over five more years of Republican inspired GURD to go.
    (sorry Pinkos)

Now to gay marriage, I don't have a clue where how that puppy will play out. I can see the Cyburbia Poll solving the problem for the nation.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Maybe he did not notice, but more people voted Democratic than Republican in the past three presidential elections.
    Maybe YOU didn't notice, PU, but more people voted AGAINST the democratic candidate in the last three presidential elections than voted for.

Like how you breeze right over the dems having had their heads handed to them last fall...

Also like how most Bush haters shreik they're not traitors, as if anyone ever called them that. I know Bush hasn't. I know I haven't. I can't think of anybody that has.

Can you?

It's clear you're uncomfortable living in a world where your assertions are challenged and your motives questioned, but that's not being labeled a traitor - that's just having to be an adult in a republic. Sucks for you. Funny how it works - free speech begets more free speech in response.

     
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Evil duplicity? What about lying to the public about his reasons for going to war in Iraq?

And, I'd submit that Clinton pissed off just as many liberals as Bush. Nobody likes a moderate....

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Can I marry my coffee?
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by j_deuce
    Evil duplicity? What about lying to the public about his reasons for going to war in Iraq?
    \

We all know its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission. I'm not sure if he lied to if the information wasnt good. Regardless, I give the Prez alor of credit for standing up, taking full responsibility for the statement, and defending the integrity of his cabinet. Slick Willy would have thrown his staff to the wolves (or we'd have another Vince Foster) and then he'd hid behind another lie. Bravo, Dubya, bravo.

     
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Huston
    Can I marry my coffee?
    Mmmm... coffeeeeee

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Originally posted by j_deuce

And, I'd submit that Clinton pissed off just as many liberals as Bush. Nobody likes a moderate....
    J,

Bush lied about "his" reasons for going to war with Iraq?

[sarcasm]
    Hmm. I'm intrigued - tell me more.
    [/sarcasm]

And if you really think Clinton pissed off as many liberals as Bush does, I sincerely question your definition of "liberal."

Still, we'll have to talk about this, other non-political stuff, and your quest for decent fried chicken all over a beer sometime. Seriously.

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    I just don't think Bush is presidential material...and I dislike his extreme religous right views... or rather the views of those that pour all the money into his piggy bank...,, I also have a real problem with the death penalty....and am pro-choice

And,, why should we suddenly embrace a fellow just because he is president.??. I thought he was a Bozo before he took office.... It doesn't make me unpatriotic to be critical of a man who happens to be running the country. He is just a man..not a god.... with flaws. Like all of us,,I am sure he has some redeeming qualities.

Personally... I would prefer to have "Dick" representing the country.. at least he can speak a full sentence without stuttering and mispronouncing things.

We all have our views.... and that is what the US is about. I would follow the opinion of PU. And... what bothers me about the platform of the religious right.. is that they impose their views on others.....which is too me is in direct conflict of what the US is all about.

Actually.. at the local level.. I find republicans much easier to work for.. usually local democrats are a pain in the !@$#.
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

     
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by El Feo
    Still, we'll have to talk about this, other non-political stuff, and your quest for decent fried chicken all over a beer sometime. Seriously.
    Deal.

Hey EF, Relax we're all in this together... it's OK

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I think El Guapo is onto something. If you look back a few years to our Clinton-era posts, we were just as hard on that lying, immoral idiot as we are on the present fascist moron. I was also disappointed by the awful choice of candidates in the last election, and hope we have some better choices in 2004.

What bothers me more than national politics, though, is what has happened at the state level. As a true Reaganite, I believe that local governmnet is the best government, and I beleive in political power devolving to the most local levels instead of being gathered at the top. Over the past decade it is the Republicans who have consolidated power at the state level. They are doing just what the Democrats had done in the 1970's that led to the Reagan revolution. There is hardly a special interest they don't pander to. They don't raise taxes, but use accounting tricks to give us incredibly unstable fiscal policy. The tax breaks they provide are at the expense of local governments, and they attempt to dictate how local government should be managed without regard to local sentiment.

The best thing for our state, certainly, and no doubt many others, would be for the Republicans to be overwhelmingly defeated in the next election. That, of course, assumes that the Democrats can begin delivering a coherent message.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I don't hate Bush any more than any other Rebublican. I don't make a huge deal over the war thing either. We were going to have to do something with Iraq sooner or later anyway.

What I do hate about Republicans in general is stuff like this stupid tax cut. It is just idiotic to go spend billions on the wars, and reduce your revenues. Not to mention the whole "trickle down economics" thing. Cutting taxes for rich doesn't work to stimulate the economy. Never has, never will. If you are going to cut taxes, cut them for the poor to middle class, give that group money to spend and it goes right back into the economy.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Aug 2001
    TS - I really dont think Bush is the "extreme religious right". He's definitely right of center, but not extreme.

     
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Yeah, about that tax cut... I'm now seeing a whopping $5 more per (weekly) paycheck. You can bet I'll be running out and buying that new pickup truck now!

Closed thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Fun with George W. Bush
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 03 Oct 2005, 11:04 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 10 Dec 2004, 10:54 PM
  3. Dictators For Bush!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2