Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Starbucks is expanding!!

Registered
    Dec 2001

Starbucks is expanding!!

For all of you who hate Starbucks, they've now bought Seattle's Best. They're keeping the name, but Starbucks still gets the cash.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Starbucks is expanding!!

Originally posted by Habanero
    For all of you who hate Starbucks, they've now bought Seattle's Best. They're keeping the name, but Starbucks still gets the cash.
    Noooooooo! Will Seattle's Best still have the same coffee? Their coffee is so much better (less acidic/burnt) than Starbucks. If they switch, I'll be really sad. Although I guess up here I can always get a shot at the Second Cup.

Registered
    Dec 2001

Re: Re: Starbucks is expanding!!

Originally posted by nerudite
    Noooooooo! Will Seattle's Best still have the same coffee? Their coffee is so much better (less acidic/burnt) than Starbucks. If they switch, I'll be really sad. Although I guess up here I can always get a shot at the Second Cup.
    I think it's all staying as is, but Starbucks gets the $$. What's kinda funny, a friend worked for Starbucks, hated it, and left to manage Seattle's Best.. and now he's working for Starbucks again.

Registered
    Feb 2003

Re: Re: Re: Starbucks is expanding!!

... What's kinda funny, a friend worked for Starbucks, hated it, and left to manage Seattle's Best.. and now he's working for Starbucks again.
    that is ironic, but fittingly not surprising. i had a bank chase me once. I could not get a way from a particular bank. they kept eating up the local banks, i would switch, they would gobble. Then on day I joined a competing large bank. They gobbled the bank I was once running from. funny how it worked out, and i never ever did escape that bank.

if they mess up i cant even threaten to leave, cause they know its only temporary
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Sep 1999
    If you Yankees/Midwesterners had any sense, you'd start the day with a Diet Dew like I do, then you wouldn't have palpitations about your gourmet coffee places...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    If you Yankees/Midwesterners had any sense, you'd start the day with a Diet Dew like I do, then you wouldn't have palpitations about your gourmet coffee places...
    Alas, there is no good coffee in town. I start my Diet Coke infusions soon after getting into the office. Coffee is a treat for when I am in Madison.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Since the man and I have decided to stick to a budget to get out of debt in a year we're having to slum it and drink the regular stuff. At my office we have a coffee overlord who has taken it upon herself to stop anyone from drinking coffee after 2 p.m. I hate that on a night when I know a meeting is going to run late.

Registered
    Nov 2002

Re: Re: Re: Re: Starbucks is expanding!!

Originally posted by Huston
    that is ironic, but fittingly not surprising. i had a bank chase me once. I could not get a way from a particular bank. they kept eating up the local banks, i would switch, they would gobble. Then on day I joined a competing large bank. They gobbled the bank I was once running from. funny how it worked out, and i never ever did escape that bank.
    Wachovia, or "Watch-ova-ya" as we would call it?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    At my office we have a coffee overlord who has taken it upon herself to stop anyone from drinking coffee after 2 p.m.
    What do you work in an Eastern Bloc country?

Registered
    Feb 2003

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Starbucks is expanding!!

Originally posted by biscuit
    Wachovia, or "Watch-ova-ya" as we would call it?
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Yeah and we've had to change our hockey arena 3x now, from Core States, to FU, to Wachovia

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I always thought the "FU" Centre was very appropriate for Philly...

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by Mike D.
    Yeah and we've had to change our hockey arena 3x now, from Core States, to FU, to Wachovia
    Yet another reason why SC should have won the North Carolina vs. South Carolina Death Match.

Has any good come from a place like Charlotte?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Did someone say Starbucks?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 36
    Last post: 07 Mar 2014, 10:49 PM
  2. Replies: 153
    Last post: 10 Sep 2012, 4:39 PM
  3. The expanding Dubai coastline
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 28 Aug 2006, 10:43 PM