Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: who can join?

Unregistered

who can join?

Who is eligible to join Cyburbia?

Planners only? Engineers? Urban designers? People in related fields or studying? I am a student, but not in any of these fields. My interest with "playing in traffic" and "wanting total control over what goes where" is just that - an interest. I have family in those fields, so I am well aware of the lingo, the buraucracy, city/region management strategies, self-absorbed developers and irritating NIMBYs.

Still not certain if I sould join, but just curious. And this might help others who might be a little too shy to ask . . . would you accept me too?

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Feel free to join...there are people from all walks of life here on Cyburbia....we don't discriminate....we even allow Canadians!
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Another troll from Houston....

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I would love a troll for Houston- especially if they could explain the Houston Zoning board. *damn that crazy mod!*

I say to join you must help keep the never ending thread going...

When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    If we let DeVuono join, we'll let anybody join!

C'mon in, the water's fine!

Unregistered
    Actually, I'm not sure that's the best thing, really. I was just posting to get the question out there.

I am someone's significant other, and I don't think that she would appreciate it if I started "butting in" on her internet social scene, if you know what I mean. Would you let your better half become part of this little world? I was merely curious about all these people she talks about: people from a few states over (ie. "maybe we should visit"), people from Canada, interesting executive types, but mostly moderators. It's like a little soap story when I get home. "Dan sounds so sad, Planderella is so cool, you should see bturk's avatar this week, everyday I'm more convinced NHP and Tran are the same person, you-know-who's sexual interests keep popping up - can't she be more professional, you'll never guess what thread they've got going today" and the list goes on. So naturally, I'm more than a little curious. Can you blame me though (I hope YOU don't sugar) .

Alright. Last post from me sweetums, I promise. Cyburbia is all yours now.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    everyday I'm more convinced NHP and Tran are the same person

LOL!!

We might be similar...but I assure you we are not the same person!

Thanks for visiting Rob(?)
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Planderella is so cool
    Aww shucks.......thanks!!! :8|

Registered
    Aug 2001
    unregistered has certainly nailed it, huh? Except Tran looks more like Mike Stumpf without a 'good' military to back him up.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Looks like Kelly has another imaginary friend popping in....

Registered
    Dec 2001
    LOL- I read that and thank God it's not James' style of writing!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yah... I thought the same thing Tex. Whew!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Actually, I'm not sure that's the best thing, really. I was just posting to get the question out there.

I am someone's significant other, and I don't think that she would appreciate it if I started "butting in" on her internet social scene, if you know what I mean. Would you let your better half become part of this little world? I was merely curious about all these people she talks about: people from a few states over (ie. "maybe we should visit"), people from Canada, interesting executive types, but mostly moderators. It's like a little soap story when I get home. "Dan sounds so sad, Planderella is so cool, you should see bturk's avatar this week, everyday I'm more convinced NHP and Tran are the same person, you-know-who's sexual interests keep popping up - can't she be more professional, you'll never guess what thread they've got going today" and the list goes on. So naturally, I'm more than a little curious. Can you blame me though (I hope YOU don't sugar) .

Alright. Last post from me sweetums, I promise. Cyburbia is all yours now.
    now now don't hurry off so fast. Come back with a secret identity and spy on us!

PS spike is that you?

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Tran, that is just all too funny.
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Jul 2003

Re: who can join?

Who is eligible to join Cyburbia?

Planners only? Engineers? Urban designers?
    Um, this is the Internet. When you register, all they get that is 'real' is an e-mail address -- and plenty of folks have multiples of those (ever heard of Yahoo? or Hotmail?). So, basically, they couldn't stop you from lying and claiming to be a planner, engineer, etc. Feel free to join and not tell your 'sweetie'. Or, hey, don't register, just surf and check up on her.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Re: who can join?

Originally posted by Michele Zone
    free to join and not tell your 'sweetie'. Or, hey, don't register, just surf and check up on her.
    Won't work... the mods are too good at cracking addresses.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Join the Voices editorial board
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 26 Mar 2006, 9:51 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last post: 26 Apr 2004, 1:29 PM