Thread: PhotoPost

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

PhotoPost

http://www.techimo.com/photopost/

Whatcha' think?

Dan
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2001

What you have now works for me

Dan,
    Don't blow all the Cyburbia profits on this risky scheme! What you have seems to work just fine.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: What you have now works for me

El Guapo wrote:
    Don't blow all the Cyburbia profits on this risky scheme! What you have seems to work just fine.
    I wouldn't be replacing the bulletin board -- instead, the photo galleries would provide an additional service, like a "best practices" type of gallery.

Hell, it's only a hundred bucks. I still have In-link to buy, too. (BTW, most of the architecture sites have been purged from the Cyburbia database. I've privately bookmarked a few, though, that are relevant to planners and "city geeks," for inclusion in the new database.)

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Dan,

I like the idea of a "best practices" gallery - but is it not possible to do this within the framework of the existing Cyburbia?

Will this new software enable us to post larger images? (The office digital camera produces images which are too large, even on the low-res setting - and I don't have the tools to manipulate the files to reduce their size).

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    You can sorta' kinda' do a photo gallery, but it's not what vBulletin was built for. You can attach photos to posts, and reference images from another Web site. A photo album program will include a thumbnail gallery; click on the thumbnail, and you get a the full sized photo.

You can theoretically post huge images here, however, I limited the maximum size so it doesn't bog down the loading of a message thread. People expect a photo gallery to be graphic-intensive, so they're more patient with loading speeds.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 08 May 2008, 11:10 AM
  2. PhotoPost upgrade: 4.0 to 4.6
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 12 Jan 2004, 10:20 AM
  3. Photopost upgrade
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 09 Jun 2003, 8:28 PM