+ Reply to thread

Thread: The view from your office

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

The view from your office

Here's mine.

(What can I say ... it's a slow lunch.)
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001

I suppose I'm jealous...

Yes, this is my "outside" view. When they renovated our building, I got stuck with the space overlooking the basement's emergency exit doors. On the other hand, if that building element wasn't there I would have a view of an aluminum smelting operation, so I guess there is a silver lining....

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Any other cold weather locales??

Sorry about the screen window distortion....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jul 1998

The view from your office

I can't imagine anyone having a worse view than me. It's cold, we just have no snow. Note the bird crap on my window.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    At this point I have no window but we are moving in a few months and then I'll have a lovely view of a sea of pavement

I'm working out of the house now, and it snowed last night.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I should have taken a picture from my office window from when I was working in Aurora, Colorado. Sixth floor, with a window across the length of my cubicle space -- unfortunately, it was a view east, out towards the plains. Other planners with more seniority got southward facing windows, which permitted a view of the Front Range south of Denver -- you could see Pike's Peak and the skyline of the Denver Tech Center edge city.

The PD -- my gawd, her corner office looked out towards the west and north -- downtown Denver, a full frontal view of the Rockies, and up I-25 to Cheyenne. You could literally see three states from that window, and storms and forest fires a hundred miles away or more. I'll nominate that office as having perhaps the best view of any planner's office, anywhere.

I did come close to having an Oh-My-God view, though. I turned down a job in North Carolina -- the location was on one of the barrier islands, a bit too far removed from civilization. (Nearest big city was Raleigh, about three hours away.) What would have been my office was on a beach, with the Atlantic Ocean about 100 meters away.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Here's the view from my office. Over the tops of the buildings and through the power lines is Payette Lake - trust me, it's there under the snow and ice. Beyond that is Brundage Mountain: http://www.brundage.com/webcam/WPage.html

elguapo resized the photo 2-11-2002
    Last edited by el Guapo; 11 Feb 2002 at 5:45 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Not the best picture, but you get the idea.

Registered
    Nov 2001

Bucolic imagery

My breathtaking view... the dumpster is only eclipsed in beauty by the gray New England day.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Office View
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 51
    Last post: 18 Oct 2012, 6:47 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last post: 17 Aug 2009, 8:36 AM
  3. What is your view on APA chapters?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 04 Aug 2008, 10:15 AM