Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Image Attachments

Registered
    Jul 2003

Image Attachments

Has the image attachments been turned off? I used to be able to post images, but not anymore.

Registered
    Jul 1998

Re: Image Attachments

Originally posted by SlaveToTheGrind
    Has the image attachments been turned off? I used to be able to post images, but not anymore.
    Yes, temporarily.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Unregistered

Re: Re: Image Attachments

Originally posted by giff57
    Yes, temporarily.
    What about new posts that have come up within the last few minutes with pictures?

Cyburbia Administrator
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: Re: Re: Image Attachments

Originally posted by Unregistered
    What about new posts that have come up within the last few minutes with pictures?
    Referenced, not attached using the [img] tag.

The reason image attachments are turned off is because the database is incredibly large for a bulletin board the size of Cyburbia. It made uploading and restoring the MySQL database a challenge. The vast bulk of the 170+ megabyte Cyburbia Forums database consists of .jpg files.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    May 2003
    Forginve me if this sounds like a newbie question (I guess I am technically a newbie since I have yet to approach the 500 Clube). When I use the image tag, the URL appears in the post. But I have noticed other posts where the photo appears in the post. How do I do this? For my most recent GTC post, I uploaded the picture to the gallery, right-clicked on the picture and copied the URL to the clipboard, went back to the post form, clicked the IMG button, and pasted the URL into the field. This results in the URL being displayed in the post, which is of course a hyperlink to the picture itself. Is there another way to do this, which results in the picture appearing in the post without the need to click a hyperlink? Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by DecaturHawk
    Forginve me if this sounds like a newbie question (I guess I am technically a newbie since I have yet to approach the 500 Clube). When I use the image tag, the URL appears in the post. But I have noticed other posts where the photo appears in the post. How do I do this? For my most recent GTC post, I uploaded the picture to the gallery, right-clicked on the picture and copied the URL to the clipboard, went back to the post form, clicked the IMG button, and pasted the URL into the field. This results in the URL being displayed in the post, which is of course a hyperlink to the picture itself. Is there another way to do this, which results in the picture appearing in the post without the need to click a hyperlink? Your help is appreciated. Thanks.
    "bookend" the URL so it begins with [img]

and ends with [/img].

If that doesnt work, send me a PM with the post URL and I'll see what's up.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    The thing to do, when referencing an image from the gallery is to chop off everything from the link after (and including) the "?" and it should work.

Example: If I post an image it'll be: .../1192imagefilename.jpg?xxxx
    You have to link up to .jpg and exclude the ?xxxx

Registered
    May 2003

Got it.

Thanks, Chet and Skel. I posted the pic to the Test Attachment thread using your instructions and it works perfectly. Thanks again.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Oh, my!

I am sure those were wonderful instructions but way over my head, guess you guys just won't be getting the picture from me until I can get King B to sit down with me and show me what to do. That's ok I am a hands on kind of girl.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

I need help with posting pics, I'm lost

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    TIO: You have to post your image in the Gallery, and then when posting put the link of the image on the gallery with the instructions above.

[IMG]http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/showphoto.php [IMG]

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'll give you an example here:
    First off, the comands have to go like: [something]...[/something]
    and in the interior of the IMG code you have to put something like the following: http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/data...92juan-med.jpg

Which in proper working image linkup would show up like this:

A nice pic from me in the 80's

computing

Registered
    Jul 2002

Baby SkeL!

Originally posted by SkeLeton

A nice pic from me in the 80's
    Off-topic:
    Awww, how cute!!

Registered
    Aug 2001

Attaching Images, Part II

Is it still disabled? I still can't attach an image, but I have noticed that other users still can (Habanero in the King of Pop) thread. And I know I've seen some others around lately. Just wondering if I need to turn something on (or off).

Cyburbia Administrator
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: Attaching Images, Part II

Originally posted by nerudite
    Is it still disabled? I still can't attach an image, but I have noticed that other users still can).
    You should be able to now. I forgot to turn it back on for the super moderator group. Sorry!
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Re: Attaching Images, Part II

Originally posted by Dan
    You should be able to now. I forgot to turn it back on for the super moderator group. Sorry!
    LOL... no problem. I was thinking I was missing something there for awhile.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Ok... the world wants to know... Who and why were some of my pics deleted? Among said deleted images, where the famous 80's style SkeL and another pic of me...
    Yes, I do have the files backed up... so that's not the problem.
    [paranoid]Is somebody against me and that's why my pics have been deleted?[/paranoid]

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Image Attachments 101
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 46
    Last post: 06 Sep 2014, 10:24 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 20 Apr 2010, 12:05 PM
  3. File attachments
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 21 Mar 2006, 9:05 AM