Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: How do you track Plan Commission conditions of approval?

How do you track Plan Commission conditions of approval?

I am responsible for making sure that all of the Plan Commission & Staff conditions for approval are completed before the building inspector grants a final occupancy permit. I also do site inspections to make sure they followed the approved site, building, and landscaping plans.

Currently my method for tracking this stuff is keeping a bunch of folders with the uncompleted projects in a bigger folder. I would like to create a database type program and I am looking for any advice or existing database models (MS Access format) that I could use so I don't have to start from scratch.

How do others track these conditions?
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 2001
    We have a permits system where larger stipulations are put in a pop up window so if any permits are approved they see what stipulations needed to be in place before releasing the permit.

If they are subdivision stipulations, the planner for that subdivison is responsible for signing the plot plans so we check those back with our Council approved stips.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Check out the stink that just broke out here in little old Ireland if you are interested. Bertie Ahern

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We may require some conditions be recorded on the final plat or site plan, but largely, I would agree that tracking is a huge problem.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    All of our approvals are done by Resolution, so the conditions are pretty clear. When they apply for building permits it gets entered into the computer (we use a GIS compatible permitting system by Tidemark / Accella).

We also have an ink stamp that only gets applied to the final, approved plan, so it is distinguished from other versions which were not approved.

When we do pre-occupancy inspections, the computer spits out the inspection ticket, and we can print out the conditons too.
    We grab the ticket, a copy of the resolution and stamped approved plan and compare to the as-built.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4
    Last post: 14 Apr 2009, 12:11 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 02 Feb 2007, 9:49 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 12 Dec 2006, 9:03 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 Jun 2003, 12:12 PM
  5. Plan Commission Training
    Land Use and Zoning