Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been BANNED?

Have you ever been BANNED?

So...

Has anyone here ever been banned from a message board?

yes, Lonely Planet. I told all of these travel snob/a-holes to go f#$@ themselves in the rudest most dirty lowdown way I could and wow to this day I can't get on the board. Unless I use a new ip address. Not to hard to do. I did get back on the boards after lying to the moderator about another person using my computer blah blah

Originally posted by The Irish one
    yes, Lonely Planet. I told all of these travel snob/a-holes to go f#$@ themselves in the rudest most dirty lowdown way I could and wow to this day I can't get on the board. Unless I use a new ip address. Not to hard to do. I did get back on the boards after lying to the moderator about another person using my computer blah blah
    LoL! That excuse has been a life saver for years.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I have not been banned.

I have been the jordanb and told by a chet to f*ck off or shut the f*ck up.

so, i dont expect jordanb to shut the f*ck up, and honestly, I hope to meet both the f*cker and f*ckee someday.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Well, as everyone probably knows by now, I have not been banned but there was a public request that I be banned. Request was denied. I did end up on review for 4 months, until more of the medications cleared my system. But that was actually a separate incident, a few months after the first.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Never banned.

I reckon if I registered onto a New Zealand rugby board I could get banned pretty quickly.

Edit: Should I have mentioned that Cyburbia is the only forum I visit or participate in?
    Last edited by Rem; 24 Sep 2003 at 3:36 AM.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Michele Zone
    Well, as everyone probably knows by now, I have not been banned but there was a public request that I be banned. Request was denied. I did end up on review for 4 months, until more of the medications cleared my system. But that was actually a separate incident, a few months after the first.
    OH F*** you you've been banned just to humor me now.

<EVIL LAUGH>

Dont worry it wont last.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Not banned, but shunned from a bulletin board called Way Too Personal. Go there and ask about Elmwood. Good times.

Pretty much, I couldn't say the right thing to say my life, and it reached the point where any post of mine, was called into question, even if it seemed to agree with the collective POV on the bulletin board. It was a classic case of The Swarm.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Originally posted by Chet
    OH F*** you you've been banned just to humor me now.

<EVIL LAUGH>

Dont worry it wont last.
    LMAO

I was banned from two forums, One I was asked to come back, the other I had to beg. I was a mod on both and both times there was a huge controversey.

I see jordanb lurking around on one of them every once in awhile, prehaps i'll ban him just for the hell of it

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Chet
    OH F*** you
    You know, I never know how to take that coming from a guy: as rejection or begging.

You really need to get laid and get over your recent divorce. lol. I think you will be impossible until then.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I was banned from the Cyburbia Temporary Forums ... WOO HOO !!

Registered
    May 2003
    Suprisingly, no.

OfficialPlanner: You mean SSC? I don't like that board but seen unable to leave it...

Registered
    Feb 2003
    This is the first and only forum I have ever been on, so until I am banned from here. No.
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by Huston
    This is the first and only forum I have ever been on, so until I am banned from here. No.
    Ditto, mein Freund.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    No, but I might actually get more work done if I am ever banned.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    This is also the first and only board I play on,

but I think it would be fun to find the right board on which to start shooting flames from my fingers.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    No, but time will certainly tell.
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

I have had posts on www.onmilwaukee.com omitted because I bitched to strongly about a bar or restaurant. My guess is that they are advertisers on that site.

www.musicscene.org, a Minneapolis music messageboard. I was psuedo trolling. I was nominated "devil in disguise" of 2002 by the object of my trolling.

I was almost kicked off a green bay packer forum because i suggested that someone illegally post Packer articles that the local paper charges $30 a year for. I suggested that because the members wouldn't join my letter writing campaign to get the newspaper to stop charging for Packer coverage.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Michele Zone
    You really need to get laid and get over your recent divorce. lol. I think you will be impossible until then.
    Umm Yeah, you must not have been privy to the birthday conversation. PM PlannerGirl. LOL

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I haven't been banned from any forums... but I was banned from a few channels on irc if that counts...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by The Irish one
    yes, Lonely Planet. I told all of these travel snob/a-holes to go f#$@ themselves in the rudest most dirty lowdown way I could and wow to this day I can't get on the board.
    I used to go there a lot several years ago... the thorn tree bulletin was a favorite of mine for a long time. When I stopped traveling, I stopped visiting the board.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Not actually banned, but soon after I got engaged, I started hanging around the indiebride site. Had a bizarre talent to bring discussions to a screeching halt; ie I'd post a question or a response, and even if the conversation had been lively up to that point, it just stalled. For days. Never did get some of my questions answered.... Just gave up after a while. Weddings are such emotional things anyway, who knows.
    I don't dream. I plan.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Originally posted by Plannerbabs
    Not actually banned, but soon after I got engaged, I started hanging around the indiebride site. Had a bizarre talent to bring discussions to a screeching halt; ie I'd post a question or a response, and even if the conversation had been lively up to that point, it just stalled. For days. Never did get some of my questions answered.... Just gave up after a while. Weddings are such emotional things anyway, who knows.
    My wife ran into similar problems at the "frugalbride" board...she just couldn't seem to get along with anyone over there.

Me, I've never been banned - but I've done some banning!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    haven't been banned from any boards yet.. But I have been acused of "nazi mod" by a bunch of kids on one...(they were posting stupid sh*t on my forum and I stopped them... and they dare to whine)

On the contrary, if you could count the numerous times I've been banned in IRC... it'll be a big number..

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Vegemite Banned in US???
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 20 May 2009, 8:39 PM
  2. Banned in childhood....
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 35
    Last post: 09 Apr 2007, 9:34 AM
  3. Replies: 15