Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watcha watching on the tube

Registered
    Feb 2003

Watcha watching on the tube

Okay, my husband tells me that I am a tv junky, so I was wondering whatcha watching? Has anyone watched any of the new tv shows on this season? If so, what have you liked?

Also, what returning shows are you excited about?

For new shows, I had to watch Navy NCIS since my mother works for the agency. It was typical of a Bellasarious show (I think that it is the right spelling).

For returning shows, I can't wait for 24 and Alias. I like the CSIs as well.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I don't watch much TV anymore. Too busy... too much Internet surfing.. too tired.

I did watch the new "Frasier" last night, and was pleased to find it still makes me laugh. My husband and I also enjoy "The Daily Show," usually during dinner when we need to unwind.

I like "CSI" too. But I can't WAIT for the new "24" season to start!!!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I barely watch TV... besides the ocasional news and educational programs here an there, no TV at all. But that's because I don't have cable, and local (national actually) TV sucks (and so does cable tv anyways....).

I do watch movies regularly...

cause I've got faith.....nevermind Enterprise is fun enough. I've liked Scrubs for a while and the ultimate tv C-SPAN, C-SPAN2, and god willing, someday C-SPAN3.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    I like the Sapranos but it is not on at the moment - we won't see the new series (if there is one) until mid next year.

It is normally shown very late on Monday nights - when I wouldn't normally be watching TV but I have a Council meeting every Monday and so a bit of gratuitous violence helps me wind down. It's been replaced by 6 Feet Under which I think has turned to mush. Maybe I'll start spending my time productively on Cyburbia instead.

Registered
    Apr 2002
    Originally posted by Rem
    I It's been replaced by 6 Feet Under which I think has turned to mush. Maybe I'll start spending my time productively on Cyburbia instead.
    Six Feet Under - turned to mush? That show is awesome. Are you watching the third season? That's the best one so far, I think.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Originally posted by Greenescapist
    Six Feet Under - turned to mush? That show is awesome. Are you watching the third season? That's the best one so far, I think.
    It's the one where the black sheep son has ditched Rachel Griffiths and is married to the hippy mother of his only child. But we aren't quite sure if he is dreaming - it's like a soap opera.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I like the weather. Sometimes I'll watch an hour or two of murder-cop-trial shows a week.

When I am up late I'll try to catch Reno 911 on Comedy Central. God do they have cop stereotyping down pat!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    *it has to be said for our cyburbia culture*

I DONT OWN A TV

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by Chet
    *it has to be said for our cyburbia culture*

I DONT OWN A TV
    Are you channeling jordanb?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by el Guapo
    Are you channeling jordanb?
    Well... if I'm channeling with him, I might as well be winking at Michelle Zone and trying to bed...

[new thread for the prevs]

*humor the chet and use images*

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by el Guapo
    When I am up late I'll try to catch Reno 911 on Comedy Central. God do they have cop stereotyping down pat!
    I echo this, it is too funny. It just gets funnier and funnier every episode.

Also “tough crowd” is a good show on that station.
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Dec 2001
    TV is just crap anymore. If I'm watching it is either sports or the news. Oh....except for Playmakers, but thats sports right?

That show needs to be on HBO, they need some cussin'

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Simpsons and PBS. We have one of those little dishes, but it's stashed in our closet. We've never used it--don't see the point. Lots of movies, though.
    I don't dream. I plan.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I'm about ready to throw my TV out the window. $56 a month for basic digital cable? That's such BS. But I doubt I will because there are shows/channels that I enjoy too much, such as...

Reno 911 - This show gets funnier and funnier every time I watch it.
    MTV2 - A music channel that plays music videos, innovative.
    Adult Swim - Cartoons for grown ups on Sunday nights on Cartoon Network. Some really funny stuff.
    CSPAN - A policy nerds best friend
    Science Channel, History International, and other Discovey Channels
    Scrubs
    Law and Order - Who doen't like this show?

And I agree with MikeD Playmakers definitely needs some cussing.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!

NO MORE NEW BUFFY!

wwWWHHHHAAAAAAAA!

I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Hello, my name is donk and I am a TV junkie. I'll watch nearly anything and have to be careful about getting sucked into bad TV series.

My favorite shows

Trailer Park Boys
    All three Law and Orders
    Sopranos

I don't understand the fascination with CSI, it is soo cheesy and easy to lay out the crime and technology they will use. Even less thinking then most other shows.

I am still trying to figure out if I like 6 feet under or not. Unfortunately, it is on at 11:00PM on sunday night and I tend to fall asleep watching it so I miss the punch line to the show.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I have watched Myth Busters the last couple of nights. These guys expermentally test urban myths to see if they could be true. Night before last they tested weather a toilet full of gas would explode if a cigarette were dropped in, and if so would it throw a man across the room. When hairspray or gas would not explode, they used a pound of black powder. blew the pants off of the test dummy but that was it.

Last night they strapped rockets on a 67 chevy impala to see if it would go airborn and crash into a cliff. Didn't get airborn, but boy was it fast.....
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Feb 2000

TV

I don't have cable and can find a better way to waste my time.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I refuse to pay for cable (that was the one monthly check I hated writing the most). Who need "250 channels" of crap.

Don't watch a lot of television. For sheer camp value and offensiveness, I sometimes will catch WWE Smackdown! If I can stay awake, I'll sometimes catch Mad TV or Saturday Night Live. And, Malcolm in the Middle is hilarious! (Sometimes the Simpsons, too. King of the Hill is too treacly in my mind)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    The baseball playoffs are starting soon so I'll be camping my ass in front of the tube watching as many games as I can (Go Giants!!!). No cable here, thank god for dish TV.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    My wife and I agreed to scrap the cable subscription as a cost-cutting measure for when we move. I haven't done it yet...

I am not sure how long I will last without cable once hockey season starts.

Registered
    Feb 2000

Cable Guy

I was recently accosted by a cable inspector who stated that according to company records my address has not had cable for over a year and a half. When I told him that we don't watch television, his jaw dropped and he was dumbfounded. He said he could give me a great deal and I refused.

Then I returned to my patio to listen to the Royals on radio and he entered by backyard and searched for signs of cable box tampering. I about laughed my posterior off when he left dejected.

Anyway, this occured 3 months ago and the cable company has contacted use twice since. They are persistent.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Ugh.. I hear ya Budgie.. I've also been contacted multiple times by my ex-cable operator, asking if we would like to get hooked up again... I've always answered in a kind manner telling him that we're not interested. At least we haven't been inspected for cable box tampering...

Registered
    Oct 2001

Re: Cable Guy

Originally posted by Budgie
    Then I returned to my patio to listen to the Royals on radio and he entered by backyard and searched for signs of cable box tampering. I about laughed my posterior off when he left dejected.
    How was he legally able to enter your yard? Did you give him permission or did he tresspass? Or did he say within the utility right of way?

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 21 Aug 2010, 8:25 AM
  2. Who is watching us?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 09 Feb 2006, 3:32 PM
  3. Tube Express
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 5