Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbian You'd Like To Meet Most

Registered
    Dec 2001

Cyburbian You'd Like To Meet Most

As inspired by Chet's yearning ambition to go to the ITE Conference to meet Budgie .....

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Greenscapist - to discuss dead vodka swilling existentialist writers;

El Guapo - to eat Bar-B-Q and swig Nattie Lite;

Habanero - because she's a chick (I don't meet one of those very often).

Chet - enough said.

BTW: I've got my Segway traveling case figured out. See a few of ya Cheeze Heads in a couple weeks.

Registered
    May 2003
    Hrmm, judging from the pictures, I'd have to go with Jessie-J.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    JNL - So long as it involves an all-expense paid trip to New Zealand.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Get to an Ale Fest to meat more than one of the people I hear from daily
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Originally posted by Cardinal
    JNL - So long as it involves an all-expense paid trip to New Zealand.
    Well it won't be me paying your expenses!! Check out where I'm working next week... http://www.nelsonnz.com/

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I'd like to meet Chet again....this time without me standing him up.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Cruise town in a Volvo with El Guapo

Get rowdy at a Phillies or Eagles game with Mike D

Go bar hopping with Planderella in the Big Easy....as long as she stays awake

Go to a punk show with NHPlanner and Nerudite.

I haven't really met many Cyburbanites in person. Greenscapist and I tried to meet up at a Radiohead show in Wisconsin, but missed each other.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I'd have go with PG. She is my secret crush. Some about her, latex, and VS that has my curiosity.

Catch a Saints game with Planderella and Big Easy King.

Giff, because he is from Iowa too.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    This sounds awful “careful”, I am sure, but honestly I look forward to meeting as many as possible at the next APA conference in DC. Or any time any of you are in Miami, PM me, I know a few great places that pour cold beverages of choice (they even pour Coke-a-Cola for you non-drinkers).

…but I will have to say I would like to meet Dan because he is the method behind all this madness and
    I would also like to meet Biscuit because he and I just tend to be too similar in too many aspects, almost scary.
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Oct 2001
    skEleton-but pretty much only because it means I would be visiting Chile (just kidding, sKel!)

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I've met Chet and Prudence and just missed NH. The more the merrier, I want to meet everyone.......... well almost.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Just think it would be a hoot to meet any of you,
    But a few come to mind (no offense to those not listed)

Chet, just cause he seems fun.
    el Guapo for a good beer
    RichmondJake because through his comments about all things comforting we seem to have similar taste.
    SkeLeton just because I am always amazed at how well he keeps up with us.
    Dan cause he's our MAN
    Biscuit for his sense of humor.

This by no means is a full list but I will quit for now
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Planderella
    I'd like to meet Chet again....this time without me standing him up.
    We'll have a good time when you decide to return to The Big Easy, Chet. Thus, I'd like to meet Chet and you, Mike D. (original pimp).
    Last edited by Big Easy King; 25 Sep 2003 at 6:02 PM.
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I am so excited, I get to meet PG next week, finally. We tried to meet over the summer, but I had a child instead.

I would love to work with Zoning Goddess again.

I would like to meet a whole bunch of you - hopefully at APA, but then that would leave out those wacky Canadians and many, many others. This is too hard of a question.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Imagine if we could all meet at a Masquerade ball... see if we could work out people's identities! Guess my accent would give me away.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by SlaveToTheGrind
    As so vigorously stated during the Price Is Right, "Come on down!" We would definitely have a good time.
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Any experienced planner who is looking for better employment prospects and the promise of a new life in the 'Lucky Country'.

I would like to meet everyone. It's a bit like listening to a radio announcer for a few years and then seeing a picture of them - finding they look nothing like you expected. Even though I've seen some pictures and read opinions, I expect you are all different from my expectations.

Some reasons to meet the regulars:

Dan because he smokes cigars and seems like a nice guy
    El Guapo and Duke of Dystopia because they seem to know something about - "What is this thing you speak of called beer?"
    Chet because he is so quick witted and so unlucky with the ladies he's got to make me feel good about my love life
    JNL because she's the closest and seems very sweet
    PG and Trail Nazi to find out whether they are either like the Gabor sisters or a tag team wrestling duo
    Tranplanner and SGB because they always offer to help the newbies (inculding me), so I guess they are nice guys too
    Skeleton because I'm sure he's really a 40 year old college professor experimenting on us
    Cardinal because he's the only Cyburbanite who's changed his title from his real name since I've been here and as I remeber his real name it makes me feel like I'm in the loop
    Michelle Zone and Habanero to see who has the best equipment for free oil changes, not that I'm a perv (sorry pervs). They just seem to mention this equipment occasionally.
    Donk for very similar reasons to Chet's love life
    Nerudite, Plannergirl and Planderella - because they are chicks who could kick @ss.

Off-topic:
    Originally posted by JNL
    Well it won't be me paying your expenses!! Check out where I'm working next week... http://www.nelsonnz.com/
    JNL - my friend now living in Auckland comes from Nelson. I've never been but he is still very fond of the place. He never shuts up about Macs Beer which I think is from Nelson.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Rem
    Michelle Zone and Habanero to see who has the best equipment for free oil changes, not that I'm a perv (sorry pervs). They just seem to mention this equipment occasionally.
    My vote goes to Habanero. Sorry MZ, but I have some inside information.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Yay! they like me! they like me! :-}

Now let's see...
    Dan of course, he seems like a nice guy and I'm not mentioning him just to lick his boots
    Chet: Ya gotta meet the clown!
    Rem: Gotta show him I'm not a 40 y/o College professor
    BKM: So he can visit Chile, and if he wants he can meet me
    Damn it's too hard for the rest! I love'em all!

Registered
    Aug 2001

Where to start!

Before I get started we already had a thread on which cyburbanites we HAVE met and last count I was in the lead, 1 ahead of NHPlanner. That was before Duke of Dystopia regisitered, and I've met him before. Budgie is going to give me a big edge in 2 weeks!

My most wanted:

PlannerGirl, duh.

El Guapo. Because he taught Dan how to shoot high powered rifles and dammit its MY turn! And hes a fellow mod.

Budgie. Because he has a segway, is both intellectual and a metal thrasher. A rare and delightful combination indeed.

Jordanb. Becasue I bet if we tipped back a few brews, we'd find a lot of common ground

Michelle Zone. A strange bond might be forming, and it has piqued my interest.

Habanero. Invite me to the wedding dammit and I'll be there!
    (I'd say the same for Planderella and BEK but I've met them already)

BKM. Because he has a bitchin car, Im jealous, and I want a ride.

Biscuit. Same reason.

Pete-Rock. To buy him and Prudence a beer and commiserate fate.

The Godess. Who doesnt want to mee the godess? One of the funniest cyburbanites in my book.

Downtown. Because she has talked soo much about Rob and the pending momhood, I want to meet the family and hear all those Clemson sorority girl party stories before its too late.

BiteMeElmo. To meet Nerudite's other half. She rocks, so he must also.

El Feo. Im not sure why. But I'd love to discuss Kant or maybe price elasticity over a pint of lager with this guy.

Michalskis. Lets go bag chicks.

Alan. See El Feo reason.

Skeleton. To pinch his cheeks and say "loook how young he is!"

MarryTheresa. To askk her why the F*** she bumped uglies with a skinhead (newbies go to this site

Mike D. To toke the gangia.

Donk. Lets just DRINK buddy.

Tranplanner. See donk reason. And he's a fellow mod.

Boiker. You're just cool.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Cardinal
    My vote goes to Habanero. Sorry MZ, but I have some inside information.
    No apology necessary, I was going to say that myself. lol. I really don't think I am that hot. This is all a therapeutic game to get over the psychological scars of looking like a walking corpse for all of 2001.

Probably the 'easy' answer is that I would like to meet BKM because he is local and it wouldn't be much effort. lol.
    Last edited by Michele Zone; 25 Sep 2003 at 8:58 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by SlaveToTheGrind

Wow, a saints game. Some things just make me want to cry. The Saints aren't like other chronically lousy teams. They'll play well for a while--just to suck you in. When you really start caring, they rip your heart out.

Might be nice to meet my 2 hometown planners, though.

P.S. I'm temporarily in Arizona, and it now seems that the cardinals are trying to do the same thing with their recent win over the packers. As soon as I start caring, they will destroy my hopes. Can't wait to get back to N.O.
    Off to Zanzibar--To meet the Zanzibarbarians!

Registered
    Apr 2002
    So, will there be a Wisconsin gathering when Budgie visits? Is that the same time as the conference in Milwaukee? The Cyburbia numbers are high out here. Cardinal, Repo Man, Chet and Prudence - we'll have to figure something out. Got to ratchet up the networking since I'll be looking for an internship next summer.

From all the messages I've read here, Cardinal, Repo Man, Biscuit, BKM Seabishop and Huston seem to think along the same lines as me. El Guapo and El Feo tend to make me laugh - but represent the dark side.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Greenescapist
    So, will there be a Wisconsin gathering when Budgie visits? Is that the same time as the conference in Milwaukee? The Cyburbia numbers are high out here. Cardinal, Repo Man, Chet and Prudence - we'll have to figure something out. Got to ratchet up the networking since I'll be looking for an internship next summer.

From all the messages I've read here, Cardinal, Repo Man, Biscuit, BKM Seabishop and Huston seem to think along the same lines as me. El Guapo and El Feo tend to make me laugh - but represent the dark side.
    YES actually there are 2 ale fest planned

here at the ITE seminar outside Milwaukee. Budgie has yet to inform which date works best for him. After all, he's travelling the farthest, we should accommodate.

and...

Here. at the Upper Midwest conference in Milwaukee.

Please come from Madison and join us.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. How did you meet your spouse/SO?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 32
    Last post: 07 Oct 2013, 2:13 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last post: 10 Mar 2005, 2:01 PM
  3. Meet Sandy
    Friday Afternoon Club