Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbian You'd Like To Meet Most

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    First, those I've already met:

Mary Poppins (obviously...my wife), peter lowitt (a former boss), Chet (in Chicago and Denver), prudence (in Chicago), Dan (in Denver), Planderella (Denver), nerudite (Denver), SW MI Planner (Denver), Bullwinkle (former planner in NH, and fellow BSU alum), mike gurnee (Denver), Chris Steins (Denver), donk (after a job interview on his way back home, in Portland, ME), Joe Illiff (BSU alum), SGB (former planner in NH), Seabishop (conference in MA), and Big Easy King (Denver).

Those I want to meet:

Tranplanner: My long lost mystery twin seperated at birth.

Downtown: Had a couple of near misses, have spoken on the phone though.

PlannerGirl: Will meet in DC in April

el Guapo: Need to meet the man, the myth, and the legend.

giff57: Near miss in Chicago

BiteMeElmo: Gotta meet the guy that puts up with nerudite!

Habanero: One of the originals....

Repo Man: Similar interests....

Mike D.: Just cracks me up.

Cardinal and Mastiff: would love to toss back a few with both of 'em.

Hell, I'd like to meet everyone here if I could. Ok...I need to go home now......
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Feb 2000

Ale Fest

The evening of the 7th works for me. I imagine 9:10 a.m. will roll around pretty early the next morning. I'm staying at the Radisson in Pewaukee that evening. I'll be in Milwaukee around 11:00 a.m. on the 7th.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Rock On!

Well it's gotta be Perry and Earl of course!!!!!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Of course, there will be some meeting going on next week in Chicago. Friday, October 3rd. Does seven sound at Fado sound good to anyone? Since it is a restaurant/bar, those under 21 should be able to get in.

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=2

Registered
    May 2003
    A) Most places that serve food stop serving after 8:00-9:00 and won't let people under 21 stay after.

B) Honestly man, you're going to a huge friggn city, do you really think you need to patronize a chain? There are thousands of unique places in this city!

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Who I need to meet .... (for the record I've met no cyburbians, yet)

donk....I almost got to smoke his boy at a race in VT over Labor Day weekend, but stayed home instead. Would you believe I can find nobody to drive to Hamilton with me?

el Guap ... I may just take up drinking again that night

Prudence ... our mutual love of strippers and lesbians makes me wonder if we were seperated @ birth? However, I don't wear pink shirts.

PG ... ummm, duh.

Habanero ... we hate the same people. It'd be fun to sit around and talk trash about everyone.

Downtown ..... there has to be more stories than the ones we know.

Irish One ... pass da pipe.

Mastiff, Repo... too bad the 700 level is gone

Tranplanner & nerudite ... because its so much more fun to make fun of canucks to their face.

Big Easy ... fo sheezy

biscuit ... my neezy

Planderella ... if she stays awake.

chet, NHP, Dan and everyone else who helps to change my avatars.....you can all go to hell! (j/k)

DC is a real possibility for me, especially if I decide to do this AICP thingie, so bring your bikes.
    Last edited by Jeff; 26 Sep 2003 at 9:23 AM.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I've met Tran, NHP, Mary Poppins, JMF and Nerudite. All nice people and pretty much the same in person

Would like to meet most of the regulars, but the following people for teh follwoing reasons:

1) Chet, you make me laugh. Everyone trust me, his love life is more interesting then mine.

2)Dan, to thank him for giving all of us disfunctionals a place to hang out.Everyone trust me, his love life is more interesting then mine.

3) Mike D. To go for a ride(you'll rip my legs off) and get a tour of the crack and whore houses in philly. Sorry, your friends are losers (sorry, losers). The biggest sporting event in NA this year and they won't drive 8 hours. Wait till next year for trash talk about the NB crew, we'll be taking the eastern seaboard by force, if we can organize a sponsor. My little junior finished 15th at GMSR and is finalising a divison 3 euro contract contract for next year.

4) Downtown and the Zoning Godess. They just make me laugh.

5) PG, for the obvious reasons, plus another shared interest.

6) Hab, so we can plan our next attack on jordanb. and I can convince you that arizona in february is way better then the north shore in february.

7) EG, I like bikes, home brewed beers and guns.

8) everyone else, for their advice, kind words, shared interests and senses of humour.

DC may be a possibility, my cousin just got stationed in annapolis, so now just to convince work to pay for the conference registration, if I am still here.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Wow thanks guys-no pressure there! (joins the gym)

Ive met I think only Dan thus far and hes a RIOT!

Gotta meet Chet, Ive decided he must be my brother, its all about family

Guap, gotta hug a man that can take me left leaning with a smile

Prudence-is he truly ALL THAT?

Mike D-funny man

Hell anyone and everyone, im a social butterfly. I dont think I have room or enough soda yet in my to list everyone.

Come to DC id be happy to say howdy
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    Gotta meet Chet, Ive decided he must be my brother, its all about family
    Yes, I guess neither of us are very subtle. LOL

BTW - The changes that took place here now put me in the peckin gorder to go to APA in DC.

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Originally posted by Cardinal
    Of course, there will be some meeting going on next week in Chicago. Friday, October 3rd. Does seven sound at Fado sound good to anyone? Since it is a restaurant/bar, those under 21 should be able to get in.

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=2
    Chains are fine. 7pm, 10/3 at Fado is greeat, If only to meet the Cardinal, jordanb, DoD, pete-rock (if not missing on wedding vaca), steveanne, and Solipsa, and other chicagoan cyburbs.

Others to meet:

Tranplanner and donk - super nice and I love Canadians
    biscuit - he's funny and I really like Pittsburgh
    Chet - for his thing with wornout cars
    Dan - for being from Buffalo
    EG - for being another unabashed station wagon lover
    jresta - an unforgiving urbanist
    BKM - same as jresta, but in suburban exile
    michealski - b/c he is from Escanba, Mi, and he knows what it is like to grow up in the northern Great Lakes (wonderful)

And all others.
    Last edited by mendelman; 26 Sep 2003 at 11:15 AM.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Re: Ale Fest

Originally posted by Budgie
    The evening of the 7th works for me. I imagine 9:10 a.m. will roll around pretty early the next morning. I'm staying at the Radisson in Pewaukee that evening. I'll be in Milwaukee around 11:00 a.m. on the 7th.
    Hey guys keep me posted on where you are going out to, i'd like to meet some Cyburbianites. I have met Chet on a couple of occasions, but that was well before I registered on here and found out all of his deep dark secrets.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Like a good AICP test answer:
    all of the above.
    Mentioned only as
    among the Many Others by Trail Nazi
    or
    Everyone by NHPlanner, Donk, and PlannerGirl.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Crap. I don't know personalities here all that well yet, but a few I'd like to meet:

MikeD, and Donk: Bikes, Beer & Boobs. Can't get much better'n that!

PG: There's just something....

JNL,REM and sKel: I ust wanna travel down there, and having someone to meet is the perfect excuse to go. And I seriously wouldn't mind working down there for a stint!

JessieJ: care for a bar crawl on cruiser bikes?

Budgie: Prolly the most interesting charachter here.

Hell, I wouldn't mind meeting all the folks here, it's not like I'm anti-social or anything. I'm still seeing if I can make it to Mwke for the midwest planner thingy in October.
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Dan: but of course.
    Mastiff, Chet & Mike D: just for the $hit$ and giggles
    EG: you really know how to shoot guns?
    Zoning Goddess: I need to meet women that loose their pants on a first date.
    PlannerGirl: yes!
    Queen B: have to meet anyone that wants to meet me.
    Martini: G & Ts for everyone.

I'm sure I'm leaving plenty off the list.

I'm working on getting out to DC so maybe it'll happen.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I've met Donk, Nerudite and Tranplanner.

I think it would be great to meet anybody here because it would mean that I am travelling and seeing different places (must remember to buy the Super 7 tickets tonight - $20 million pot this week! I could do a lot of travelling!!)

I would especially like to meet:

Downtown, who has given me great advice about SC

Journeymouse (how is she?); SkeLeton, Rem and JNL - since I think the best way to see a new place is with someone who lives there.

Dan - because he makes this all possible

NHPlanner - I want to see if he is indeed Tranplanner's lost lost twin (and he is close - not an impossibility)

Chet - because I don't think I come across as the person I really am, I think I would surprise him

I have to go work now, so sorry to those I have not gotten to yet.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    I'll be democratic here: any and all of you. And especially any BSU grads!
    I don't dream. I plan.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I'd like to meet everyone for a big hug. . . and to talk to you all for a few hours about opening your eyes to the savior . . .

I've only met NHPlanner before Cyburbia changed my life. It was a magical night I won't soon forget.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    And your two friends are Bert & Ernie?
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Who's single?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Who's single?
    Do you want me to be?

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Originally posted by martini
    JNL,REM and sKel: I ust wanna travel down there, and having someone to meet is the perfect excuse to go. And I seriously wouldn't mind working down there for a stint!
    I hope you applied for one of the Principal Planner jobs at Lake Macquarie then. PM me if you did.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Who's single?
    I am in something of a wicked mood. Do you realize that your question is open-ended enough to invite WOMEN to volunteer that they are single and available?

I think yer all really cool and I know that I've read so many of your post' and thought I'd like to hang out with you, catch a buzz., talk about our respective cities, etc. While I'm still a student I'd really like to hit a planning conference and shmooze w/ Cyburbanites.

I'm single Godess.

     
    Registered
    May 2003
    I can't believe I'm actually listed on here! (blush)

I've been distracted from Cyburbia lately and can only really attend when I'm trying to distract myself from something I SHOULD be doing.

I'd love to meet everyone, really.
    But, from what I recall of this past summer, my conversations with Habanero intrigued me the most. I'd love to meet her, chill, party..

I'd like to meet Mike D. just cause he's got this sarcasm thing going and I'm wondering if he's like that in person. I'd also like to see how many knicks he has on his legs from shaving.

If anyone is going to be in the area, I am going to be in Wisconsin (Racine) next weekend.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by Jessie-J
    ... attend when I'm trying to distract myself from something I SHOULD be doing.
    speaking for myself, and my perceptions, that is pretty much the norm around here regarding Cyburbia
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. How did you meet your spouse/SO?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 32
    Last post: 07 Oct 2013, 3:13 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last post: 10 Mar 2005, 3:01 PM
  3. Meet Sandy
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21