Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyburbian You'd Like To Meet Most

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Hmmmm...

Originally posted by Habanero
    Planderella and Big Easy, I should've and would've- damn those hand genades and hurricanes for losing my phone!
    LOL Thats the second Cyburbanite meeting turned stand-up in New Orleans this year.

Registered
    Dec 2001

Re: Re: Hmmmm...

Originally posted by Chet
    LOL Thats the second Cyburbanite meeting turned stand-up in New Orleans this year.
    hey- add unintentional! I talked to Planderella on Thursday (I think it was at least, maybe it was Friday) but from the time I got off the phone to the time we got to the airport I had an alcoholic beverage in hand. Read: NOT MY FAULT!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    lemme see if I understand... you got stood up? or you stood them up?

If you got stood up, I can imagine that BEK is getting a bit nervous about having the same luck later..

Registered
    Dec 2001

Mike D, he's a mutha $&*%n' PIMP!
    ....and don't you ever forget it. Now go get me my money

Registered
    Dec 1998

Re: Re: Re: Hmmmm...

hey- add unintentional! I talked to Planderella on Thursday (I think it was at least, maybe it was Friday) but from the time I got off the phone to the time we got to the airport I had an alcoholic beverage in hand. Read: NOT MY FAULT!
    As long as you had a good time, that's all that matters. All I did was pass out on the couch anyway.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Jul 2003

Planderella and Big Easy, I should've and would've- damn those hand genades and hurricanes for losing my phone!
    We would have had a great time. Now you know the power of a Big Easy hurricane!
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Damn, a Party in New Orleans that includes, potential employers, Hot planning woman, Alcohol, Burbon Street, and of course, some proffesional learning, and I missed it Oh well, I can always hope for something local (mabey a zoning meeting)? <lol>.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA !!!!

And, I almost forgot, UrbanYoda.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by Budgie
    TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA !!!!

And, I almost forgot, UrbanYoda.
    Dude you got it, I should have the bar completely stock by then. I've got to meet Chet because he owes me a beer. Oh and I'd also like to meet all the other cyburbanites here, expecially the sick, twisted and demented ones (sorry sickos)
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Maister

Need I say more.

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Zoning Goddess: I need to meet women that loose their pants on a first date.
    Hey, JR... remember this. What does her t-shirt say again?
    Last edited by Tranplanner; 25 Aug 2005 at 11:22 AM. Reason: double reply
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    Maister

Need I say more.
    Only if its in a dark alley pal!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Suburb Repairman and I seem that we would mesh well. I would like to meet my "twin"

Of course, I would like to meet the Bear and drink a couple Rolling Rocks with him!

MSkis and I probably would be good on the slopes, drinking good beer and watching hockey, let's just don't talk politics.

Just because he is who he is, the Tuna would be fun to have a cool one with.

Many others, as I enjoy conversing with everyone here on the board. We need our own national convention.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Hmmm... thread rivival! This was probably one of the first threads I posted on. So here is my list of for sure people I need to meet:

Dan - the creator and benevolent dictator of the Cyburbia kingdom
    ZmanPlan - my virtual twin brother. We must meet to find out which one of us is the evil one... perhaps challenge to a duel?
    El Guapo - sense of humor slightly warped like mine. Seems very smart, but possibly in that Unabomber sort of way
    Habanero - went to the same fine institute of higher learning; we can talk smack about the same towns. Only other Stars fan on here that I know of.
    Michaelskis - pretty sure similar interests; one of the "Stans"
    Maister - another one of the "Stans"
    Bear Up North - cool guy from the wifey's hometown and one of my favorite small towns. Would love to pick his brain about Toledo, etc. Same goes for Super Amputee Cat, for that matter.
    The Goddesses - ya'll just seem like a lot of fun
    Skel - our Chilean dictator in training
    Rumpy - I think this goes without saying.
    Budgie - for similar reasons as Rumpy.
    RJ - just seems like a cool cat with a good sense of humor
    Planderella and Big Easy
    Otterpop - fellow Parrothead and lives in probably my favorite state.
    Salmissra - She plans in Houston, is that not reason enough?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Apr 2003

List ONE

People who I would like to meet (in no order)

Dan... (he’s the man)
    Z-man (He skis, he live in CO. enough said)
    Rumpy (He is a funny Mo Fo)
    RJ (He gets Rumpy going)
    Trail Nazi (She looks like she is my age and kind of hot for a mom)
    JordanB (He’s about my age, much smarter and I think that we would get along great)
    Chet (He is down to earth and still a wanabe pimp)
    El Guapo (One of the few other Conservatives “we are called the Right Wing for a reason” individuals here)
    Skel (Come on, he’s from Chili... they have skiing in the summer, now that is pimp)
    Budgie (See what was said about the tuna)
    Zoning Goddess (She seems like the type of person who would act responsible for a group of crazy dunken planners)
    Planderella and BEK (I am sure that they like to go out and kick a few back)
    NHPlanner, Mileage2762004, Suburb Repariman, Nuovorecord, nerudite, Gedunker, Big Owl, Mastiff, JNA, Aubie Turtle, Prana, DRJ, and Hababero. (Would be best at a hockey bar as they see the Wings Wing another Cup)
    Michelle Zone (Call it twisted but we may not get along when it comes to a lot of thing... ok just about everything, but hey, life is about getting to know and understand people who do not agree with much if anything you say. It is the only way to open up ones mind to new ideas, concepts, and believes)
    Donk (I think that we have more in common than we realize.

I am sure that there are a lot more that I am forgetting about, but hey, it is a half hour before lunch, I have to check to make sure that the coffee pot still works and something bad has not happened to it in the last 20 minutes.

-Stan OUT.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    People who I would like to meet (in no order)

Skel (Come on, he’s from Chile... they have skiing in the summer, now that is pimp)
    Hum... That'd be YOUR summer, OUR Winter... Unless you like skiing in Glaciers

'burb repairman.. What is this dictatorship you speak of? Is is the Dictatorship of the Reverse turning toilets? or what?

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    Hum... That'd be YOUR summer, OUR Winter... Unless you like skiing in Glaciers

'burb repairman.. What is this dictatorship you speak of? Is is the Dictatorship of the Reverse turning toilets? or what?
    I figured that Cyburbia has reached the point that it is ready to establish a regime in a South American country.

It was also a reference to Chile's history of dictators, though I'm sure you would be a benevolent one!

Just realized that I left MZ off my list. M'skis is dreaming if he thinks we'll be watching a Wings championship! Honestly, this year my money is probably on the Flyers...

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman
    Just realized that I left MZ off my list. M'skis is dreaming if he thinks we'll be watching a Wings championship! Honestly, this year my money is probably on the Flyers...
    I second that, but I'll be there when the Habs beat the Wings for their 25th Cup!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    ..... What does her t-shirt say again?
    You're talking about the County trails shirt, right? You have one, read it.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Trail Nazi
    I would love to work with Zoning Goddess again.
    And not me?
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    May 2005
    All the banned and sometimes short lived members! Ha

Bill

_________

“Oh, we're going there!”

- Ron Burgundy

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by sisterceleste
    And not me?
    Obviously it was meant to be "es" at the end of that statement.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I feel like an ass. I forgot to include fellow Bronco fan and UNC grad, The One. I want to meet him and finalize our plans for taking over the world.

-Peart

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    This Bear has met a number of residents of Cyburbia, at a certain Stanfest, in Kalamazoo-zoo-zoo, Michigan, August, 2005. That was fun.

I would like to meet just about all Cyburbia-Lites, because most everybody has an interesting story to tell or can provide great information on this thing we call "planning".

But the Cyburbian I would most like to meet is Starrdarcy. Boy, those threads and posts were inspirational. This Bear digs big fonts and Starrdarcy was fontastic.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Nov 2004
    I'd like to meet some of my Missouri folks, Jaxspra, El Guapo, JiveCitySTL and a few others.

I'd like to sit down to a Chiefs / Broncos game with Zman, and an Iowa / Michigan game with Bear.

So many people, so little time

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Just back from meeting and hanging out with geobandito and her partner with tranplanner and the Mrs.

Had to chump out due to stomach issues related to samosas and spring rolls.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. How did you meet your spouse/SO?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 32
    Last post: 07 Oct 2013, 2:13 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last post: 10 Mar 2005, 2:01 PM
  3. Meet Sandy
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21