+ Reply to thread

Thread: Wal-Mart Strikes Again

Registered
    Dec 2003

Wal-Mart Strikes Again

I'd have to blame wal-mart on this one.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...76.htm&sc=1110

read all the way to the end.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Oct 2001
    If you need a license to drive, operate heavy equipment, or own a weapon, shouldn't you need some kind of license to breed???

(And no, this is not a serious proposal to set up a new government reproduction bureaucracy)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Go on.. just blame it on wal mart... just because she had two jobs and didn't imagine that her poor kid needed a psychologist...

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    A psychologist might not be enough.

There are always going to be kids who are picked on because they're unattractive, unathletic, don't have their social skills nailed down pat, or they're the new kid on the block. (A good read is .... well, I can't think of the name of the book, but I have it, an it describes in vivid detail groupthink, shunning and teasing among girls.)

There are then kids who ... well, EVERYTHING seems off about them. The way they dress, the way they talk, personal hygeine, everything. It would take more than just advice to help; such children may have Asperger's Syndrome to some degree. Some hardcore computer geeks -- the smelly, pear-shaped, strangely dressed folks you see coding away at midnight in a college computer lab -- have Asperger's.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. ELF strikes again!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 23
    Last post: 07 Mar 2008, 7:08 PM
  2. APA strikes again
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 17 Feb 2004, 10:47 AM
  3. Smart growth strikes out?
    Perry's Cantina (archive)