Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Letters of Reference

Registered
    Nov 2002

Letters of Reference

A number of Cyburbianites seem to be looking for jobs. I propose we help eachother out by writing letters of reference.

Maybe someone could be so kind as to personalize this.

To Whom it May Concern:

I believe "Seabishop" would be an excellent candidate for any position in the planning field. His hard work and dedication to Cyburbia are unparalleled.

One time in this awesome thread, he was talking about how a mouse almost bit his Dadís privates in the bathtub Ė that was funny! I snarfled a lot! And sometimes he'll even write about zoning stuff too, and about how he thinks some modern buildings are ugly. Heís very professional, doesnít flame unnecessarily, and always uses emotocons appropriately. I'd hire him for sure.

In summary, I feel that Seabishop would make a welcome addition to any team. Feel free to PM me with any questions about Seabishopís past performance in the FAC.

Sincerely,
    Man-with-the-Plan5000, Cyburbianite since 7/03

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Just remember when writing mine, I don't really smoke anything....not even cigarettes.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter to express my whole-hearted recommendation for (insert name here) for a position in planning. Not only is this person extremely intelligent and industrious, he/she is also very active in exclusive clubes.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Feb 1998
    "It would be great if you could get this person to work for you."

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    a line in such a letter should be:

Upon hiring _________, he/she shall introduce /enlighten you into the brite and exciting world of Cyburbia.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Oct 2001
    To who is concerned
    This planner am good. I recomed him/her.

Got job for me two? I have only one felony conviction and she was coming on to me. She told me she was 18. Can I get wednusday day afternoon off to visit my parole officer.

I like planning and am hardworker. Hire me insted of him

Thanks.

Joe Planner
    nebraska '94

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Dear Mr./Ms. Cyburbia,

I am pleased to recommend Ms./Mr. Cyburbanite as a candidate (newbie) for the position of Exceptional Planner. With the professional experience of more than 1000 posts, she/he is extremely qualified to make recommendations about any development project and interesting thread, and she/he would be an asset to your planning firm's efforts and effective growth.

Thank you and sincerely,

BEK
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Dear HR person,

If you don't hire Mr./Ms. _____ I will personally come whip you till you beg to lick my boots.

Cordially yours,

Head Byotch Barbie
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    Dear HR person,

If you don't hire Mr./Ms. _____ I will personally come whip you till you beg to lick my boots.

Cordially yours,

Head Byotch Barbie
    Dear Ms. Barbie,

This is to confirm our meeting for 10:00a.m. next Thursday...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Mike D.
    Just remember when writing mine, I don't really smoke anything....not even cigarettes.
    Sniff

Sniff

Dear ____,

I would like to offer my recommendation of _____ for the position of planner in Your Town. S/he (this person is of indeterminant sex) has shown remarkable dedication in following Cyburbia throughout the day, and frequently posting across a range of threads. S/he drives an American-made automobile and two firearms. S/he can drink most fellow planners under the table. S/he is leaving his/her current position do to the large number of morons in the city's administration, and would excel in a new environment with a completely different set of morons, such as you.

Sincerely,

Cardinal

Registered
    Sep 2001
    PG,

I need one of your letters for next week.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Sep 1998
    Sir/Madam:

Please accept this letter as my personal recommendation that you consider employing ________as he/she has a great depth of experience in analysis of land development proposals and writing succinct planning reports. Said planning reports usually contain catchy phrases common to the planning profession that cut through "developer speak" such as "don't piss on by back and tell me its raining".

While ________ was employed with our firm, he/she was always courteous and helpful to the general public by answering their stupid ass land use planning questions. As an added benefit, should any member of your firm require personal protection services, _______ special forces training as a sniper and counter terrorism expert will undoubtedly come in handy during any controversial public meetings you may have to attend.

In closing, ________ is a decent shit who has always willingly fallen on his/her sword for the greater glory of the team. I would therfore not hesitate to recommend _________ for a position with your firm.

Regards,
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Furthermore, his/her involvement in cyburbia proves he/she has superior tech skills to most folks. It will be well worth your tolerance in putting up with the misuse of company time and equipment while _____ dicks around on the boards instead of working. You did say you wanted someone interested in networking and professional development, didn't you? What more could you ask? Hire this here cyburbanite. You can't do no better than that.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    To whom it may concern:

I offer my recomendation to you about ________. While s/he worked at our office, s/he continuously spilled any breverage on his/her computer and/or Comp. Plans. ______ also laughed like a maniac, making the work enviroment more friendly. Until this day s/he denies being addicted to some internet forum.

S/He is an excellent negotiator, and has accepted only the most succulent bribes offered by developers. S/He has the lovely tendency to not work at all if s/he even dares to show up to the office. His/Her office is like a black hole, we give him/her work and nothing ever comes back.

We strongly encourage you to hire him. Please, do it for us!

Regards,
    The town next door.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Dear HR person,
    Cordially yours,
    Head Byotch Barbie
    Screw David. When I start looking, I'm hitting you up.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The Retired Reference
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 Dec 2012, 6:45 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 27 Oct 2009, 10:43 AM
  3. Thank you gift: letters of reference
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 17 Mar 2007, 3:23 PM