Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Poll results: Should we think about the children first?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nah, screw the children, they won't remember.

0 0%
  • I could really go for a beer right about now.

7 43.75%
  • What are you talking about, its all about the children.

5 31.25%
  • THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!!!! THEY"RE OUR FUTURRRRRREE

4 25.00%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: What about the children!!!??!

Registered
    Dec 2003

What about the children!!!??!

You know, why not start up a thread about the children.

Woman Put Salt in Formula to Get Even

READING, Pa. (AP) - A woman put a lethal dose of salt in her 5-week-old granddaughter's formula because she was angry at her son and his girlfriend, according to her confession to police.

``They would always pick on me,'' Merry Anne Long said in the confession, read in court Thursday. ``They told me I was mentally retarded and needed help.''

The couple and their baby were living with Long in a two-room trailer in Blandon, about 50 miles northwest of Philadelphia, when Long poured a quarter-inch of salt into a formula can after an argument with her son in February.

Long, 43, said she only expected Megan E. Long to spit up when fed the salt-laced mixture. Instead, the infant's brain swelled from the extra water her body brought in to flush out the salt, and she died within a week.

Six days later, Long confessed and fled the area. She was arrested in August while working for a traveling carnival in Minnesota and was charged with homicide and aggravated assault.

Defense lawyer Kurt B. Geishauer said Long did not act recklessly. He said she had not known that putting salt in formula would do anything more than make an infant sick.

After Thursday's hearing, Long returned to Berks County Prison, where she is being held in lieu of $500,000 bail.
    http://channels.netscape.com/ns/crim...34.htm&sc=1110
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003

Why Reading, PA is going to hell?

.. oh wait it was in Blandon... whatever..

Oooh I didn't know that if I tried to dry my hair while in the shower I could get electrocuted! Oh now that's some stupid b*tch!!

People like her should not be able to breed.... This contradicts the darwin theory PLUS the god is loving theory... I mean why is god* so evil to put a lady so friggin dumb on earth? did we really deserve it?

*if there is any...

Registered
    Dec 2003

NOOO ITS NOTTT A TUUUMMMOOOORRRR
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Registered
    Jul 2003
    She should remain locked up!
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Oh man the children are in trouble now!!
    Virtual Ghetto Pets
    http://www.midcoast.com/~macy/virtual.htm

Originally posted by Rumpy Tuna
    Oh man the children are in troble now!!
    Virtual Ghetto Pets
    http://www.midcoast.com/~macy/virtual.htm
    It gets better.

"We designed Virtual Ghetto Pets to teach children about the real world. Who'd of thought they'd be such a craze! Fun for kids, and adults!" -Shigero Masamachi, creator

"We love our Virtual Ghetto Pets. They offer nothing but quality entertainment, good fun, and teach us about hustling ho's for money or tricks" -Joe Brown

Gotta love the internet. The Internet, oh my God the EVIL INTERNET, What about the CHILDRENNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Do it for the children... don't pad your posts...

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by SkeLeton
    Do it for the children... don't pad your posts...
    -What do you mean pad my post, is it that time of the month again. Hey it was getting lonely out here.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    It's always about the children. That's why we should discourage the lesbians; they aren't producing enough children. Heck, let's just go whole hog here, and ban all lesbian discussions on our threads.

However, in all seriousness now, it's a sad case. The grandmother must be a whacko. Why not just evict her loser son?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Rumpy Tuna: You put 3 posts in a row... you padded your posts man! Ever met the EDIT button?

Zoning Goddess actually proposed this nonsense:
    Heck, let's just go whole hog here, and ban all lesbian discussions on our threads.
    Those are fighting words ZG... Your anti-lesbianism may not be welcomed here... I suggest we go on a cruzade to bring dutch lesbian planners to the boards :-}

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by SkeLeton
    Rumpy Tuna: You put 3 posts in a row... you padded your posts man! Ever met the EDIT button?
    -I gotch ya, man have a to take the edge off!!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Children Of Divorce
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 02 Sep 2009, 3:54 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last post: 27 Feb 2009, 6:00 PM
  3. Children or no?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 75