Registered
    Jan 2005
    This week highs:

T: 72
    W: 75
    R: 78
    F: 77

This year is weird...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Above Average & Sunny

Quite a change in line for the next six to seven days here along the Ohio/Michigan border. Sunny and warm......above-average temps, near 80F by the weekend. Just slid out of the 5th wettest September on record.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    It's gonna be absolutely gorgeous this weekend. Sunny, highs in the low 80s, and peak fall foliage.

Apparently we're supposed to have another wicked winter though. So I'm enjoying this nice weather while it lasts. I RJ'd today and am about to head out for a bike ride.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    7th day in a row with temp above 80.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 2004
    We had wet stuff falling from the sky. I'm not sure what it was, but I do know it was strange enough that they postphoned the local baseball game for it. I guess they determined it was safe to come into contact with the strange wet stuff, because they finished the game.

However, more of the strange wet stuff was expected Sunday, so they decided not to play at the local ballpark last night.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    May 2003
    Near-normal temps here in the lower Great Lakes (and NW Ohio). Cool nights down near 40F, daytime temps about 55F to 60F. Saturday was very windy (gusts near 50 MPH ). Not so windy this morning.

Still no hard freeze. I did see that the upper Great Lakes will be seeing some snow flurries.

Hard to believe, Thanksgiving Day (in the USA) is only five-and-a-half weeks away.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Winter is coming....

41 this AM, and the forecast for the week is ugly...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'm surprised that this is mid-Oct and a possible tropical storm system is forming off SW Florida. Really, that's just too much this late in the year.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Yesterday it was 90. Today the high is predicted around 65. Fall is here!!

I like fall weather. Cool, sometimes breezy, with mornings that really wake up the senses and nights that are pleasant.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Rain all day. Dang. Yesterday the kid and I spent several hours cutting back shrubs and pulling up plants, preparing for the upcoming termite treatment around the foundation. We had planned to finish today, but that ain't happening...

Registered
    Aug 2007
    The crazy fall of 2011 continues. After a nasty week of rain and wind with temps in the 40's, it was in the 70's today and supposed to be in the mid 70's again tomorrow. Back to more "normal" fall weather this upcoming week with sun and highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's. Loving the long fall this year!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    So, I'm driving home from work to let the dogs out - maybe a ten minute drive. Up the hill, I noticed that the rain was starting to stick to my windshield.

Uh oh.

Five minutes later, I get home, and ...

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    So, I'm driving home from work to let the dogs out - maybe a ten minute drive. Up the hill, I noticed that the rain was starting to stick to my windshield.

Uh oh.

Well, your doggie seems to be enjoying the snow.

On a related note, the cats and I are hoping to spend the next several afternoons by the pool, working on our tans.

Registered
    Aug 2009
    I made the exact same face when I lived up north...never got used to snow.
    "I'm a boomerang, doesn't matter how you throw me
    I turn around and I'm back in the game
    Even better than the old me"

Registered
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post

Uh oh.

6-10 inches of snow in the mid-Atlantic this weekend... that and the 6 inches of snow that hit Denver after an 80 degree day, seems early to hear about all of this. After being near 80 here in Central IL on Wednesday, back to 40's and 50's this weekend.

Registered
    May 2003

No Snow For Me!

Cold temps here in NW Ohio on this late-October morning. The ole' thermo-meter showing a crisp and nipply 30F. It is actually warmer in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan this morning! But no snow in our forecast. As yacked-on before, this end of Lake Erie doesn't get much "lake effect" snow. Buffalo residents probably remember a few years ago when they were blasted with late October now.....measured in feet, not inches.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'm sure there are people who were just in Cancun and had to evacuate who are cursing the National Hurricane Center after Rina limped away and dissipated. Hey, it happens. Too many people take these kinds of cases as an excuse to ignore warnings down the road.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    sunny and 60.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    sunny and 60.

I see your sunny and 60 and raise you a sunny and 77 degrees w/ 36% humidity

Snow is like in-laws. Good to have within several hours drive, horrible to have in your backyard
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Rj reports that high winds preceeding a coldish-front wreaked havoc with his golf game on his golf trip a couple hours east of where we live.

I'm reporting that high winds blew my Halloween decorations all over the place this morning.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    We had a couple of inches of snow last night, and (unlike some parts of the region) our power stayed on.

Today, with the sun out and the temperatures above freezing, the snow is melting off the tree branches and falling in clumps to the ground. If I wait a few hours, I won't even need to clear the snow off my car, as it will all be gone... which is fine with me. There are still plenty of leaves to be raked.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Alas... we seem to be getting a weekly Wednesday snow dump here in Colo.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    We're having great fall weather last week & this week.

Low is in the upper 30s/low 40s and the high is in the lower 60s.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2005
    Low to mid 60s in Metro Detroit today. Beautiful day.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    My hometown had it's 3rd largest snowfall since records have been kept on Saturday/Sunday (22.4 inches), so I spent my first morning in my new house shoveling after moving the previous day. The community where I work still has almost 50% of residents without power going on 4 days now (statewide still 81,000 without power, down from a peak of about 300,000).

Typical scene 'round town right now:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tree1.jpg  
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

+ Reply to thread
Page 104 of 154 FirstFirst ... 94 103 104 105 114 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 7:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 1:33 PM
  3. Replies: 161