Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 107 of 153 FirstFirst ... 97 106 107 108 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3823

Thread: The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Today it got up to around 40 here in northern Illinois. Forecast for tomorrow and Friday: 48 and mostly sunny. In fact, it's supposed to be in the 30s or 40s with clear weather everyday until next Wednesday at least.

Keep in mind, this is early January in northern Illinois. It should be 10 with snow on the ground. Very strange. Whatever though, I'll take it. I think we've had a total of maybe an inch of snow so far this year. While winter is not close to being over yet, the mild weather we've had the first month and a half is very nice. Especially considering the harsh winters we've had the past several years.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Mar 2007
    It's supposed to hit 45º here in Metro Detroit tomorrow. Luckily I am off of work on Fridays so this will be a great time to get in a nice wintertime run. Too bad there's no snow to make it a bit more scenic.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Sunny, 51° F.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Sunny, 51° F.

Same here in Metro Detroit. We've had basically no snow accumulation this year.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    61 and sunny
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    It was 1F on Monday. Today it is 52F.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Sunny and 70 here in Dallas. I love winter.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moonlit night. Still in the low 50s.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Low-to-mid 50F range today in NW Ohio. Normal high for this day in January is 32F (on or about). Saturday's forecast calling for a high in the low-to-mid 40F range. No real major changes in predicted high temperatures for the next 7 to 10 days. Then.....

.....it's the end of the world, I tell ya!

Winds aloft details are indicating that the seasonably cold Arctic air that has stayed away from most of the U.S. will begin to drop late next weekend. We will see it first in the northern plains, you know, the usual below-zero readings that dot the map in mid-to-late January. That cold air will slam into Minneapolis and frigidly amble down to the lower Great Lakes. Expect readings well-below normal, my friends.

You heard it here, first!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Low-to-mid 50F range today in NW Ohio. Normal high for this day in January is 32F (on or about). Saturday's forecast calling for a high in the low-to-mid 40F range. No real major changes in predicted high temperatures for the next 7 to 10 days. Then.....

.....it's the end of the world, I tell ya!

Winds aloft details are indicating that the seasonably cold Arctic air that has stayed away from most of the U.S. will begin to drop late next weekend. We will see it first in the northern plains, you know, the usual below-zero readings that dot the map in mid-to-late January. That cold air will slam into Minneapolis and frigidly amble down to the lower Great Lakes. Expect readings well-below normal, my friends.

You heard it here, first!

Bear
    I keep telling myself long range forecasts are terribly inaccurate.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    It got up to 55 this afternoon across the Chicago area. My department picked a great afternoon/evening to head to our suburban downtown for a meeting and dinner. It was gorgeous out...with a beautiful sunset too! And a ton of people out and about. It felt more like those first nice days of March, rather than early January.
    -Steven Tyler

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    From the nearby PWS: Clear, 75.2°F

It was nice by the pool this afternoon.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I sit here debating to begin spring yard work

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    While it was warm here for the past few days (got up to 55 on at my house on Friday) the forecast is looking more like winter for next weekend. High on Friday is only gong to be 24... Not sure, but I think that this is still warmer than average for this time of year.

Personally, I am not complaining one bit. Now that Christmas is over, it can warm back up to the low 70's at any point.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Feb 2004
    The 7-8 inches of snow we got the previous week had mostly melted by this weekend. Got up to 50 on Friday

I've been taking full advantage of the warm weather and have used the opportunity to take care of all the garden maintenance chores I didn't finish in the fall. Come spring I'm geared up to get the garden going as early as possible.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    I sit here debating to begin spring yard work
    We raked and mulched leaves. If the weather doesn't get markedly colder soon, we'll have the first daffodils in about two weeks. Dandelions are already blooming as is the henbit.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Friday I was off of work and it was 55º in the early afternoon so I was able to get in a nice 9 mile run. This coming Wednesday it is supposed to be about 50º again and I'm very tempted to take the afternoon off of work to go hit the trails for another nice outdoor run. But I'm all talk so I wont.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    The 7-8 inches of snow we got the previous week had mostly melted by this weekend. Got up to 50 on Friday

I've been taking full advantage of the warm weather and have used the opportunity to take care of all the garden maintenance chores I didn't finish in the fall. Come spring I'm geared up to get the garden going as early as possible.
    WT freaking F??? 7-8 inches.... We got maybe an inch and I am an hour north of you! That is not right. I still have not fired up the snow blower (other than for a tune up).

I almost pulled out my lawnmower to mulch the late season leaves that had fallen since I put it away. It stayed put away and the leaves will stay until spring.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    WT freaking F??? 7-8 inches.... We got maybe an inch and I am an hour north of you! That is not right. I still have not fired up the snow blower (other than for a tune up).
    You're not the first to express surprise about the distribution of snowfall, but you are the first to say that isn't 'right'. Yes, Junior and I went sledding several times last week.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    70 d. here right now, and expected to get to the low 70's and high 60's over the next 3 days.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    After an abnormally cold December (50s for most days), we just had about 10 days of very warm weather (70s). Typically, it's in the middle 60s around here this time of year. The forecast calls for this typical sunny, dry, and 67 for the next 7 days. Unfortunately, we need rain. This is the "wet" season and winter precipitation is critical.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Today, it was 55 and sunny. Tomorrow, we're supposed to get 6 inches of snow, followed by winds gusting up to 35 mph, temps in the 20s, and wind chills approaching zero. First sizable snowfall of the season. We've been spoiled for much of this winter with mild weather, but now we face the reality that is winter.
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by illinoisplanner View post
    ...but now we face the reality that is winter.
    It is coming here too. Tonight they expect 3".... ugh.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2007
    ...but now we face the reality that is winter.
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    It is coming here too. Tonight they expect 3".... ugh.
    Unfortunately we are supposed to get less than an 1" from the same system. I want my winter snowstorms dammit!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Today, it was 55 and sunny. Tomorrow, we're supposed to get 6 inches of snow, followed by winds gusting up to 35 mph, temps in the 20s, and wind chills approaching zero. First sizable snowfall of the season. We've been spoiled for much of this winter with mild weather, but now we face the reality that is winter.
    "They" say we should expect 5-10" by tomorrow night.

+ Reply to thread
Page 107 of 153 FirstFirst ... 97 106 107 108 117 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 7:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 1:33 PM
  3. Replies: 161