Jun 2003
    10 PM - still is 80 F w/ 80 % humidity.

Forecast
    Monday 95 F
    Tuesday 96 F
    Wednesday 96 F
    Thursday 96 F
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Hotter than hades here...

We braved a BBQ competition and blues fest in 96F full on sun yesterday and today was a breezy 92F. Thank god for a neighborhood pool and central A/C.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Somebody shoot me.
    Hotter than the armpit of Lucifer in Colorado.
    Through the night, my house cooled down to a nice () 77 degrees...

It's times like these that make me wonder if the cold weather and winter will ever return. If I had to live in this heat year round, I would've asked to have been put down long ago.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    Somebody shoot me.
    Hotter than the armpit of Lucifer in Colorado.
    Through the night, my house cooled down to a nice () 77 degrees...

It's times like these that make me wonder if the cold weather and winter will ever return. If I had to live in this heat year round, I would've asked to have been put down long ago.
    Two words....

Central Air
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    My mom said it was 114F at her place in the San Fernando Valley (L.A.) yesterday... ewwwwwww. When it gets that hot, it's just nasty

Still gorgeous and in the 70s/20s here.

Registered
    Nov 2002

The solution to pollution is ......

The National Weather Services has issued an Air Stagnation Advisory for much of northeastern New York state.

So, it ain't just the !@#$! heat taking our breath away today......
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Yesterday was BRUTAL in Vacaville. When I got home at 6:15, the time-and-temperature readout at the local high school read 105.

There was not fog even in Pacifica this morning. Pacifica is one of the coldest, foggiest spots in the Bay Area. If the high in Pacifica is going to be 80, just imagine what the interior temps are going to be today. No relief in sight, either. 109 today, with a major cooling trend starting tomorrow-with a high of 108. My air conditioning keeps the sheltered rooms cool, but it is struggling to deal with things like the stairwell up to the third floor.

As much as I absolutely love my open floor plan and soaring ceilings, they are not suitable for this climate. If I were building a new house for myself, it would be straw bale or rammed earth, adobe style. More thermal mass.

Mrs. G had arranged to borrow her dad's power-washer so we (I) could wash the deck and restain it. Of course, temps were in the mid 90s with heat indices in the low 100s. Saturday wasn't so bad because the water kept me somewhat comfortable (along with thoughts about cold beers at Bells/Laefest). Yesterday, working in partial shade, was a killer. I just really, really felt exhausted last night.

More of the same weather for the week ahead.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Keep in mind, Lads and Lasses. Global Warming is just a myth.

The administration says so....
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Sep 1999
    We have been having very heavy thunderstorms for the last couple of hours, and there's a lot more bad stuff headed right for us in the next hour or so. The thunderclaps are so loud, they're setting off car alarms in the parking lot. Yup, summertime in Florida...

Sure hope it clears up before I have to pick the dog up at the kennel after work....

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    It is supposed to be up to 95 degrees here today. Dry, hot and windy throughout much of the state, with grass and forest fires in central and eastern Montana.

Even my wife, who is from Colombia, thinks it is hot. The dark, cool basement beckons us.

I will be glad when mid-August rolls around and things get cool again.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    The NWS Paducah, KY has issued a Heat Advisory ...which is in effect from 1 pm this afternoon (Wednesday) to 7 pm CDT Thursday.

A large dome of high pressure will keep oppressively hot and humid air across the lower Ohio Valley for at least the next 48 hours.
    An air mass that produced highs of 95 to 100 degrees just off to our south and west tuesday should provide similar highs for the Quad state today and tomorrow. Combined with high humidity levels...you can expect the heat index to peak near 105 today...and in the 105 to 110 range Thursday.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Atlanta + Heat wave = SMOG!

It has been unbearable with the 100 degree weather and bad air. It seems like a week of "severe smog advisory" warnings where they tell people not to breathe air. So what do people do, drive more because they are told not to walk. That will fix it! Where is my oxygen mask.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Oct 2000
    It's been pretty gorgeous here at 5am for the last couple weeks - 65 degrees - gorgeous sunrises. On Monday though - by 7:45 when I walked the kids down to the convenience store with a 20lb baby strapped to my back, and pushing the boys, I had completely sweat through my shirt on a 2 mile walk.

We took our afternoon walk in the mall. And then spent the evening in my IL's pool - the water was 86 degrees.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Thankfully the temperatures have reduced from the low 40s to the low 30s. And, it's much more bearable. Yaa!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    A thunderstorm came through late this afternoon and into the early evening. We need the rain--badly. It cooled the temperature down to 70 F at this hour. I'll get to sleep with the windows open and no a/c running tonight.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    A thunderstorm came through late this afternoon and into the early evening. We need the rain--badly. It cooled the temperature down to 70 F at this hour. I'll get to sleep with the windows open and no a/c running tonight.
    This storm brought winds clocked at 71 mph at the airport last night. The wind brought down a large branch from a tree making it difficult to get my pickup out of the garage this morning. I have some clean up to do when I get home.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Monster strom blew through the area last night. About 500k w/out power, I have a houseful of friends today, all their offices and homes are w/out electricity and the heat index is supposed to be around 115 today...too bad this offices power is working just fine
    Apparently 3 buildings came down last night due to the winds, Busch was cleared out (then the game resumed around 9:20 p.m.), some of Lambert Airports roof ended up crossing two lanes of traffic on Highway 70 and tons of power outages and trees down. It was a strange storm, very, VERY windy, dark and green out but little rain until the winds passed and even then, there wasn't much rain.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Don't know if anyone has been watching the weather in the central US but man if is HOT! 110 -115 degrees every stinkin' day. It is suppose to cool down this weekend.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by Queen B
    Don't know if anyone has been watching the weather in the central US but man if is HOT! 110 -115 degrees every stinkin' day. It is suppose to cool down this weekend.
    I heard that we range between 10 to 14 days over 100 degrees a year and that we are on pace to be there again. We usually have a week in July that is like this... and we're almost through it.
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Drab, gray, cloudy, and cooler.

This is the weather of my soul.

-Peart

Registered
    Oct 2001

God, I'm dying.

It was 113+ here today. I left for the coast (contributing to the smog, sadly enough), and it was even very, very very warm in Ocean Beach (San Francisco's westernmost coastline). San Francisco downtown was a record 87. Downtown SF is not pleasant when it approaches 90. My ancient air conditioner has been running full time, I doubt it got much below 80 last night at 5:00 a.m. It frankly, can't keep up. I am sitting here dripping. I hate to spend the $5,000+, but I may need to. And, living in this inland climate, I'm afraid, I cannot take a ecological approach. Can't afford a buried adobe walled solart house. I love my little townhouse and town much of the year, but I am suffering this year. It's almost 7:30. and it's still 109 outside.

Not a sign of dip[ping below the mid 100s during the enxt week. It just keeps boiling. My poor little planter island garden is shrivelling up, and a huge eucalyptus branch fell in my driveway. I wown no chain saw (its at least 4" thick), so I have no idea how I am going to get it chipped and recycled.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    swirling wind and rain on the island this evening as I sat on my screened in porch with a cigar and a glass of chardonnay - but got some color at a lunchtime picnic - welcome to maine, where the weather is always changing

Registered
    Aug 2001
    But isn't it a dry heat, BKM? Heat index was well over 100 here today. But I'm not complaining. Pool cools me off.

Quote Originally posted by lp
    I sat on my screened in porch with a cigar and a glass of chardonnay...
    Hello? Oh wait, you're married with children....never mind...carry on. everybody keep walking. .

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    sheesh you people should migrate if you don't like heat... around here it rained throughout all the week and the max temperature must have been around 15ºC min... well around 2º...

Maybe we could establish a Cyburbia Summer Camp around here...

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 155 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 7:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 1:33 PM
  3. Replies: 161