Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 112 of 154 FirstFirst ... 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3843

Thread: The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Registered
    Aug 2002
    This morning it was 4 degrees warmer here in upstate New York than in Phoenix.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Overcast and some mild flurries this morning. Temps in the 30s.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Sep 1999
    After 3 days of sunny, warm weather, during which I spent the afternoons tanning by the pool....today was our day for overcast (but still warm) skies, some rain, some drizzle...

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Spring Fever Alert!

This message just in from the local Super Duper Triple Quad Jingo Doppler Radar....."NW Ohio expecting 60F+ on Sunday, with sunshine (an unusual visitor when the calendar still hints of winter). Thunderstorms on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, with temps possibly reaching the 70F mark."

Spring fever, baby, Break out the tube tops.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Forecast
    daytime highs - 70's
    night lows - 50's

is this march ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    We're expecting the same unseasonably highs near 70 this week.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Spring has arrived! (I think) Today, it was warm and sunny with a high in the upper 60s. The 7-day forecast calls for highs in the upper 60s and lower 70s everyday, with a few chances for thunderstorms on a couple of the days. The warm weather, combined with the time change, will certainly have everyone outside enjoying the weather after school and work this week. There were already tons of people out this weekend. I had to wait in line for dinner on Saturday, had to wait in line at the gun range this afternoon, had to wait in line at the store. On those first nice spring-like days in Chicagoland, everyone just comes out of hibernation!

While I'd like to hope this spring-like weather will continue, I do realize that we're still in mid-March in the Midwest, and Mother Nature can still wallop us with some cold blasts into April and even May. But I'll enjoy the mild weather while it lasts.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Hawaii has had a massive storm system moving across the islands for the past 10 days or so. On Friday we had tornadoes and hail the size of golf balls. Record rainfall. Floods. It has been crazy. I don't believe that tornadoes have ever been recorded here. We have had many water-spouts (the smaller variety that occur over the ocean), but no land-based twirly monsters.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by illinoisplanner View post
    Spring has arrived! (I think) Today, it was warm and sunny with a high in the upper 60s. The 7-day forecast calls for highs in the upper 60s and lower 70s everyday, with a few chances for thunderstorms on a couple of the days. The warm weather, combined with the time change, will certainly have everyone outside enjoying the weather after school and work this week. There were already tons of people out this weekend. I had to wait in line for dinner on Saturday, had to wait in line at the gun range this afternoon, had to wait in line at the store. On those first nice spring-like days in Chicagoland, everyone just comes out of hibernation!

While I'd like to hope this spring-like weather will continue, I do realize that we're still in mid-March in the Midwest, and Mother Nature can still wallop us with some cold blasts into April and even May. But I'll enjoy the mild weather while it lasts.
    I christened yesterday the unofficial first day of spring. It was the first nice day of the year (not occurring at a freakish time). We usually have some temperate weather mid-March and expect that will become the norm in a couple more weeks (but yes, I expect more cold fronts, it's just that yesterday the 'tide turned' and we can generally expect more 'good' whether than 'bad').
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2005

8 Day Forecast for Metro Detroit

http://detroit.justweather.com/?default=true

Yeah, I'd say spring has arrived.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Yeah, I'd say spring has arrived.
    Same here in the central Ohio Valley, 'cept we're fully three weeks ahead of normal -- pear trees blooming, magnolia fully flowered out, and grass growing like wild. I'll have to mow and soon at that.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Chicago set a daily record today with a high of 81 degrees. This is also the third-earliest 80 degree day for Chicago ever recorded. The earliest 80 degree temp was on March 3, 1974.

The warm weather is expected to continue at least through the middle of next week. This is very bizarre. It's not unusual to have warm days in March, but we usually don't have such long stretches like this. It's usually a few nice 70s degree days, followed by several 40 degree days, and so forth. Whatever the case, I'll take it. Hopefully the nice weather continues.
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Everybody around AA, GR & Big D okay from last night's storms?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Everybody around AA, GR & Big D okay from last night's storms?
    Very weird day for weather in Metro Detroit yesterday. They believe it was an EF3 that touched down in Dexter, near Ann Arbor. There was also unconfirmed reports of tornadoes near Monroe (south of Detroit) and Lapeer County (north of Detroit)

Amazingly, there were no serious injuries or fatalities. Very slow moving strorms and very widespread.

Edit:

Looks like the Monroe one was an EF0 and the Lapeer one was an EF2.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE
    Last edited by btrage; 16 Mar 2012 at 3:07 PM.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2002
    It's mid-March in upstate New York, and we've already had the spring peepers peeping. I noticed today that our hostas are beginning to emerge from the ground. It seems way too early. I wonder if we'll have a string of, say, 50-degree days in July and August to make up for the early spring.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    It's mid-March in upstate New York, and we've already had the spring peepers peeping. I noticed today that our hostas are beginning to emerge from the ground. It seems way too early. I wonder if we'll have a string of, say, 50-degree days in July and August to make up for the early spring.
    I agree. It is making me feel uneasy for this summer.

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

It is in the 70's in the D and the windows are open and the real Fat Cat, along with his brother, is lazing by the sliders watching the birds on the deck, life is good

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Current conditions on the panhandle:

Fair
    80 °F (27 °C)
    Humidity: 49 %
    Wind Speed: S 10 MPH
    Barometer: 30.16" (1022.3 mb)
    Dewpoint: 59 °F (15 °C)
    Heat Index: 81 °F (27 °C)
    Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Registered
    May 2003
    Day after day after day of 70F+ weather. Generally sunny, though some thunder-bumpers did roll through Thursday night, including a small twister just a few miles north of Toledo's corporate limits (in the small Michigan town of Ida). Some damage, but nothing compared to Dexter, MI. I know my son, for years a resident of Ann Arbor (now in PDX), had some chums in Dexter. Hope they are OK.

I have noticed and most likely so have you.....flies, skeeters, bees, brown grass suddenly turning green, shorts, short-shorts, tight tank tops, and other assorted "stuff" that signals "spring".

All next week, until Friday, more 70F+ weather. Much cooler on Friday.....65F. That would only be 15-20 degrees above normal.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2003

Un-Freakin'-Believable!

This weather is amazing. Check out the picture. When and where was it taken? Hint: My favorite place.

Bear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 573708_1.jpg  
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    This weather is amazing. Check out the picture. When and where was it taken? Hint: My favorite place.

Bear
    Hmm...Marquette, MI at some point this weekend?
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I think this the first time I've been sunburned in March. Spent the past two days biking through Wisconsin.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    The weather was gorgeous this weekend in the Detroit area and it's supposed to be pretty nice most of this week as well, with temps near 80º through Wednesday. The leaves are already coming out on quite a few of my trees! I was planning to reseed an area of my lawn this spring but I guess I better do it sooner rather than later or else the spot will be in too much shade...
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Feb 2004
    This is the earliest I've seen spring ever arrive in Michigan. We might get the odd 70 degree 'preview of coming attractions' day or two in March most years, but it's been in the 70's every day for almost two weeks now! I'm sure we'll get a cold front in at some point, but I'm confident in saying spring is really here.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

We've been in the mid 80s the last few days and are pegged to stay there, or perhaps slightly warmer, through Thursday. Possibly 88F tomorrow, a record.

We did have a wicked hailstorm Saturday evening. About 10 minutes of marble-sized hail, followed by a brief lull, then a good 3-4 minutes of nickel and quarter sized hail. I'm a little worried whether my roof may have been damaged. Certainly, all the young sprouts in the ground and on the trees were not aided by the hail.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

+ Reply to thread
Page 112 of 154 FirstFirst ... 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 7:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club