Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Oh man it's been really hot today. In the mid-30sC/90sF. It's not cooling down much, and I feel bad for the kids. I sleep in the basement, where it's cool all year round. So I sleep fine... but I wish we could get a good t-storm to cool the place down. But not so the type that comes with hail and flooding please.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SkeLeton
    sheesh you people should migrate if you don't like heat... around here it rained throughout all the week and the max temperature must have been around 15ºC min... well around 2º...

Maybe we could establish a Cyburbia Summer Camp around here...

Phthhhhhp! Migrate where, exactly? It was 104 in PORTLAND, OREGON! And 97 in "cool, green, rainy Seattle.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    It was 92F today...not too bad for SC in July. It rained really hard last night with lots of lightning. Tonight it's raining again but not that hard and very little lightning. Makes for really humid mornings though. The whole country seems hotter than usual all at the same time this summer. Makes you wonder about the power grid integrity
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    Phthhhhhp! Migrate where, exactly? It was 104 in PORTLAND, OREGON! And 97 in "cool, green, rainy Seattle.
    Ever heard about reverse seasons? Yes... the southern hemisphere is in winter now... and when I said "...establish a Cyburbia Summer camp here"
    Here = Chile. maybe I should have been a bit more explicit...

Yes... I know it's not viable... but still.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Today was a super weird day. Gorgeous this morning from 6-12 (sunney, a light breeze temps in teh mid 20's). Then around 2 it thundershowered for about an hour and half, now kind of clear, but looking grey.

Glad I got motivated to get a good 2 hour mtb ride in this morning.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Last couple days here in NW Ohio it has been sunny and temperatures reaching about 80F to 82F. Warmer and more humid air heading this way by mid-week.

This Bear is ready for the cool air of autumn. (Firmly affixed to the footballs flying through the ozone.)

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    114 here in Vacaville. I drove again to the coast and di a long bicycle ride in San Francisco, Daly City, and Pacifica. I think there was probably a 50 degree difference.

It;s supposed to cool off. Goody, The high next week will opnly 92

It;s supposed to cool off. Goody, The high next week will opnly 92
    I can ride 3 hours in 92 degree heat. 100 +, things get slow and I'm careful.
    There is a very noticeable difference for myself.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I never know what's gonna happen here. Got home right past 5, big dark storm clouds rolling in from the NE. Ran out right away to bring in the trash can and get the mail. So that's been 2 hours ago, no thunder, no rain. But yesterday afternoon, I kept hearing thunder, and it was blue skies all around, and we got that freaky rain where it's still sunny out.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Rain, heavy at times, off and on since about noon today here. We needed it. I think it's moving in your direction, gal. Forecast is for rain Friday, too. NOOOO!!!

Registered
    Mar 2004

Its.....

116 outside and almost NO WIND Humidity is about 25% Kinda cool compared to last weeks 120's
    Skilled Adoxographer

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    So, that means it's a dry heat, TO? How's the lawn?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol
    might have more to do with anxiety than OCD. the stress of living in a chaotic environment coupled with the amount of work that you feels might need to be done to your house could definitely be stressing you out. i think if you straighten up some things tonight you might feel better. /armchair analysis
    I think you are right.
    Going to the gym.
    Cleaning house.
    Cooling the bedroom off to get some sleep.

It is supposed to rain like hell this afternoon. Window air conditioners are okay in heavy rain right?
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN

It is supposed to rain like hell this afternoon. Window air conditioners are okay in heavy rain right?
    Sure, they have even been known to survive multiple hurricanes! (provided they were installed correctly..... )

Registered
    Mar 2004

Doh!

I'll bet that your CC&R's don't allow window AC units and it is just a matter of time before you get busted or some snoopy neighbor turns you in to the neighborhood police Seriously, post the rules from your HOA on this, I think we'd all get a kick out of that......wouldn't we??? Don't forget to check your architectural control committee rules on this...they are sure to have a problem with it also....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.

The heat is on!

I think you are right.
    Going to the gym.
    Cleaning house.
    Cooling the bedroom off to get some sleep.

Actual temp is almost 100 in many parts of South West Michigan with heat indexes exceeding 110 in some areas. This is NOT the reason I live in Michigan.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Mar 2004

Wow!

Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Actual temp is almost 100 in many parts of South West Michigan with heat indexes exceeding 110 in some areas. This is NOT the reason I live in Michigan.
    It will barely break 100 here in the cool, dry Western Arizona region for the next few days.......maybe I'll break out a sweater and the hot chocolate I loved seeing the temps. in the multi-color this weekend for South Dakota!!!!!!!! 110's
    Skilled Adoxographer

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    We've dropped considerable as well. Bye bye 100 degrees plus, hello 80's! At least we don't have humidity (it was as low as 7% one day last week). I feel for those who suffer from high temps and high humidity.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by cololi
    I feel for those who suffer from high temps and high humidity.
    That will be us tomorrow. Heat index is forecast to be at least 105F.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Mar 2006
    Darn, it's good to be in Florida. Not that it's cool or anything, but we are used to it...
    Actually our highs at the moment are only in the low 90's.
    Bring on Spring Training...

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    cololi's weather is coming towards us. I can see it now... especially here, since I am working from home as I am not feeling well.

Off-topic:
    You know, I never thought of my HOA regs when putting it (a/c) up. It is facing the backyard, and judging by the non-landscaping of many of my neighbors back there... they'd probably think twice on reporting me lest they get reported.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Nov 2002

severe heat advice

Quote Originally posted by The National Weather Service
    Stay In An Air-Conditioned Room... Stay Out Of The Sun... And Check Up On Relatives And Neighbors.
    I'll be checking on the next door neighbors after work tomorrow. You know, the ones with the pool.
    Last edited by SGB; 31 Jul 2006 at 6:04 PM.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    A very pleasant weekend. To the point where I actually went riding in the Sacramento Valley on Saturday. Of course, "pleasant" in the valley during the height of summer means.......Delta Winds. So 40+ miles of headwinds (25 miles) and side winds. My legs were like damp papier macher on Sunday, I even skipped the first climb entirely on my Sunday ride with friends.

Today, the wind's blowing, so temperatures will remain seasonal. No monster heat waves in sight, tg.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    All of a sudden, we are having a thunderstorm where lightning is cracking about every 2 seconds and the power keeps going off, and we're hearing sirens all around. Rain so heavy we can't see across the street. Typical FL summertime weather, but never nice to see.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Late winter in Brisbane and we're having beautiful long summer days. Crisp in the morning, toasty warm by eleven. Some one remind me when we hit 45 degrees with 99% humidity in December.

+ Reply to thread
Page 12 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 7:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 1:33 PM
  3. Replies: 161