Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 123 of 163 FirstFirst ... 113 122 123 124 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4051

Thread: The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Linda_D View post
    We had about 4 inches of wet snow shortly after Thanksgiving, but none since then until last night when we got, literally, a dusting. There have been some flurries today.

It doesn't look like we'll get much snow in the next 10 days, either, since temps are supposed to be in the 30s and the winds 10 or less from the west, south or southwest. I used my snowblower so little last year that it didn't need a new sparkplug or an oil change this season, and may NOT get much use this season, either.

I bought a pair of snowshoes on sale late the winter before last, and we haven't had enough to try them since!
    My wife and I got ourselves our first ever pairs of cross country skis this fall. Like you, I wonder if we'll even be able to use them.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Linda_D View post
    We had about 4 inches of wet snow shortly after Thanksgiving, but none since then until last night when we got, literally, a dusting. There have been some flurries today.

It doesn't look like we'll get much snow in the next 10 days, either, since temps are supposed to be in the 30s and the winds 10 or less from the west, south or southwest. I used my snowblower so little last year that it didn't need a new sparkplug or an oil change this season, and may NOT get much use this season, either.

I bought a pair of snowshoes on sale late the winter before last, and we haven't had enough to try them since!
    I just approved the first of what I suspect to be several $1500 bills for winter watering. We are starting to see - across the country - the cost of man-made climate change: weird weather.
    -------
    Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Cyburbia Administrator
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Dark, dreary, wet, overcast, low 40s (about 5 progressive European degrees, without the same hangups about modesty as you silly Americans all seem to have).

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Dark, dreary, wet, overcast, low 40s (about 5 progressive European degrees, without the same hangups about modesty as you silly Americans all seem to have).

Can't see that moving car clearly, could it be a Volvo wagon?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Must've scraped a half-inch of ice off my windshield this a.m. Freezing rain is no fun.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    It was in the 50s here yesterday... And they say that we will not get or first real snowfall Thursday late, and it will continue into Sunday.... I leave town on Friday!
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    57 degrees in Dec ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    High of 74d. on the FL panhandle today! Glorious December weather!

Registered
    Nov 2006
    It's raining here and about 40. Sunday it was close to 50 and yesterday, it actually hit 50 I think. For December in these parts, that's downright "balmy".

It's hard to believe, but I don't think we've had measurable snow in Jamestown in December, just a dusting. We've had 6 inches or less for the entire 2012-2013 season so far. The ski resorts are hurting. Snowplowers are hurting. Snowmobiling is a big, big deal around here since Chautauqua County has hundreds of miles of marked and groomed snowmobiling trails, and numerous businesses from bars to bed and breakfasts to snowmobile dealers depend on the sport, and this is the second year in a row when there's been NO snow in an area that averages 180-200 inches of snow a year.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

Registered
    May 2005
    No snow in my neck of the woods. And it doesn't appear to be any in the 7 day forecast.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    No snow in my neck of the woods. And it doesn't appear to be any in the 7 day forecast.
    I think we are supposed to get 1" - 2" Friday morning.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I think we are supposed to get 1" - 2" Friday morning.
    I guess it does appear that way. Channel 4's website doesn't really say so, but other places do. I'm not a fan of snow by any means, but a light dusting does help to cover up the dirty, ugly brown.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    25-35 cm (+/- 1 foot) of snow coming between tonight and tomorrow...looks like it may be a white Christmas after all. Not leaving town until Saturday thankfully.

Registered
    May 2005
    We're not supposed to get a whole lot of snow here, but I can already feel the wind blowing through the wall of my 52 year old office.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    We have no snow now, and it sounds like it will not start until mid morning tomorrow... I am happy that it is arriving in force today north of here, in hopes that it burns out before we hit the road tomorrow.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    7 inches here in eastern Iowa - -whiteout conditions and still coming down.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Five inches of rain in the last two days, 35 degrees. Snow up in the hills. Strong wind and GREAT stormy surf (over 20 feet).

Registered
    Sep 1999
    70 d. here today, but expect to go into the low 30's and high 20's over the next few nights. Early for a freeze on the panhandle.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Snowing!!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Lots of rain yesterday - today (right now) its 37 and very windy
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Lots of rain yesterday - today (right now) its 37 and very windy
    There was snow flurries just north of the Interstate from me.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Windy and clear with a high of 55°F today. Brrrrrr. Forecast is for potentially freezing temps tomorrow morning. Brrrrrr. Perfect hot tub weather.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Well, we got < 4 inches before midnight, and some more since, so we probably have 6-8 inches so far here in Jamestown. However, the winds are really whipping, which means that all that snow got pushed into drifts like the one in front of my garage, and the Jamestown DPW, bless their hearts, snowplowed my street within an inch of its life overnight which means I have about 2 feet of snow across my driveway at the street.

I gotta have breakfast before I bundle up like the Abominable Snowwoman and fire up the snowblower. No early doggie play date at the park for Tucker this AM. Too cold and windy for his Mom!
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I hear Grand Rapids has no snow, but the UP has a good amout. Roads were ice and snow converted all the way here yesterday.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Winter Storm Warning
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

+ Reply to thread
Page 123 of 163 FirstFirst ... 113 122 123 124 133 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 7:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 1:33 PM