Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 15 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Wish it would rain on those brats.
    EEEEWWWWW, go jump in the pool and have a margarita (or something to make you nice )!!!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Got our first real snow today. True to tradition, it will be cold for Halloween. Seems to happen every year. So I guess the Little Berserker will be trick-or-treating at the mall and college dorm. And I am sure lots of hot cocoa will be needed when we get home.

OT: the neighborhood deer kicked the crap out of our jack o' lantern and ate it.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra View post
    EEEEWWWWW, go jump in the pool and have a margarita (or something to make you nice )!!!
    Pool is too cold (75 degrees). Now my feelings a hurt. I'm off to the bank and then the liquor store.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    A week ago a drove through a sunny and dry Utah (hear that, Cololi? ) into a wintery and snow-logged Colorado
    In fact, I made it over Vail Pass on Interstate 70 before it closed.

But if any Texans read this, all the snow went to Utah. Please take your winter ski vacation there.

Just remember that I was able to ski 2 feet of new snow in September this year. What were you doing on the 29th of September? We are a little bit drier than normal, but we managed to get a very early morning trip up at Alta last Thursday. So, 2 days down this year so far. (long range charts indicate winter will be here next week)

And Texans don't come to Utah, we don't have real beer.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by cololi View post
    And Texans don't come to Utah, we don't have real beer.
    Dammit. Send them to Oregon then...

Actually, I saw a photo from the BYU game and there seems to be a fair amount of snow in Provo.

Anyways, good snow here but still only a light dusting at my place (A.K.A. the rain shadow of the rainshadow).
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Sep 1999
    A tornado hit just after 6 last evening in the southeast part of our county and the north part of an adjacent county. A number of homes damaged or destroyed, as well as several apartment complexes. We'll have to send someone out this morning to assess damage to our trail which was in the path.

Everyone affected said they were so surprised. Why don't these people have weather alert radios? I heard about the storm and its path at least 15 minutes before it hit, thanks to my alert radio.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    It was a message from God.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Our region is under a tornado watch until 9:00 pm and severe thunderstorms west of us are heading our way. It's going to be nasty here the next few hours.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    ^^ It's coming this way, but good thing, it's breaking up a bit. Tornadoes, flooding, etc that have been a factor in your area and west of you, should not be that bad here.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Brrr.... in the '30's tonight, and frost, in central Florida. I'm in my sweatpants, big flannel shirt, and slippers from RJ's mom. Better go throw another blanket over the kid. I don't have to turn the heat up so high this year, since our bird expired this year.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Snow flurries all over central Florida last night! Wow!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The next week will be brutal... highs around -2F with a windchill of -24F.

It's too early yet... I can't take four or five more months of this! On the upside, my mom and dad were mouthing off the last time they were here for Christmas about how it wasn't that cold (wasn't below freezing that xmas). They'll be in for a surprise this time!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Report From NW Ohio/SE Michigan

The usual interesting weather here in NW OH and SE MI, on this Saturday after Thanksgiving, 2006.....

"If you don't like the weather here.....stick around.....it will change in a few minutes."

Yes, the trials and tribulations of forecasting weather in the Great Lakes. So many influences on day-to-day weather. One thing you can count on.....clouds. The Great Lakes areas are notoriously-cloudy during the Autumn and Winter.

Yesterday we had some serious ice fog, creating horrible driving conditions. Not so bad this morning. And we expect to get up to 60-degrees F today and tomorrow.

Time to get out in the yard and change the arrangement of the multiple cars and trucks on blocks, add to the already 14-foot high pile of rubble, feed the pet pigs and donkeys, make sure the anti-Stan trip wire is "set", and continue to build the NASCAR memorial by using the Bud Lite bottles and cans.

The forecast for later in the week? Highs in the low 30F range with snow. This place will soon feel like Orlando.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post

The forecast for later in the week? Highs in the low 30F range with snow. This place will soon feel like Orlando.

Bear
    Haha, Bear, we're almost back to normal. Going to have a high of 75 d. today! If the wind dies down, I might even get in a little tanning this weekend!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Snowbound!!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Snowy and frozen landscape here on the high plains of Colorado. Nice and cold this morning as I filled the tank of the Fiance's car. My drive into work brought a beautiful white landscape. Sunny and clear in some spots, a patch of very dense fog in others. It was a good morning.

-4 degrees when I left the house, a high temp of around 18 today!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I love the Weather in Michigan... as of an hour ago, Ironwood Michigan was at 7 degrees, and Detroit was at 57.

It was in the high 60’s here yesterday, and has been raining almost non-stop as the temperature continues to drop like a rock. To make matters interesting for tomorrows commute, all this rain will turn to freezing rain, then to snow. They are saying that we could get a foot of accumulation by early to mid afternoon tomorrow.

As if that was not good enough, my mom and sister are on their way down from the UP to go dress shopping this weekend with the Fiancée. But most of the weather issues won’t be an issue until mid way through the Lower Peninsula.

Only silver lining of this storm is that the ground is not frozen, so the freezing rain will melt after it hits the ground and soak in before it re-freezes. By the time it gets cold enough the snow will have started.

I am always amazed by the thermodynamic properties of Michigan.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Dec 2001
    In the last two days, we've already recorded over 2 inches of rain in Peoria. We had about 1/4 of ice this morning. And we are expecting 10-14 inches of snow by noon Friday.

And to think.. it was 65 or warmer here for the previous 6 days.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    It was 70 when I left the office yesterday, dropped to around 64 in the early evening. As I went to pick up the ex (about 7 mile east) the temp went back up to 73 degrees, as I pulled back into St. Charles the temp had already dropped to 60 (this is an 8 mile span) and by 9:00 p.m. we were in the low 40's...rain thismorning, turning to ice as I came into the office, expecting 4-8 inches of snow by tommorrow morning...kids are excited, I am NOT excited about the drive home. People in STL don't see snow THAT much and traffice turns into a NIGHTMARE when there is even an inch on the ground.
    People around here act like they are going to be snowed in for a friggin month. They stock up on milk, bread, etc...heeelllloooo you live in the suburbs, there are grocery stores and convenience stores on every friggin corner! I am starting to think the weatherman and the local groceries have some marketing scheme going!!

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Hah...I have an ortho appt at 3pm this afternoon, so I get to leave work at 2pm and hopefully miss the snow/evening commute mix.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Looks like Jax' snow is going to stay to the north and west of us. They are forecasting the possibility for severe storms about 7-8pm, then the arrival of the cold front and perhaps a few flurries.

There has been a run on the markets for bread, milk and etc, however.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Oh yeah, those in Kansas and Missour-a, it is a neat storm that is heading your way. But it is cold....

-Peart

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Rain rain, go away. Come again another day.

Man, here's the end of November, the second straight months of too much rain.

Has Central Canada become a new England or what? I suppose I should be happy that it's not snowy as I'm having to do a lot of driving these days.

Is it possible that all this rain is having a negative impact on people? People seem much more grouchy, touchy, and icky today and on other dark rainy days.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'll be sleeping with the windows open tonight for the third night in a row. Sweet.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    I'll be sleeping with the windows open tonight for the third night in a row. Sweet.
    damn... you beat me to talking wonders about the heat, to mock those cyburbians buried in the snow.

+ Reply to thread
Page 15 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 7:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 1:33 PM
  3. Replies: 161