+ Reply to thread
Page 191 of 195 FirstFirst ... 181 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 4866

Thread: The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Wind noise woke me up @ 4:00 this morning...followed by a series of sirens on the main road. Our electric crews were already out on calls this morning before 7:00 am.

Careful kjel, TT, dandy, LP, NH, Fearless Leader Dan and the rest of you northeast cyburbians today.
    We had high winds overnight, but it's settled down.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    A Nor'easter has taken up residence over NYC/NJ. It's been a bunch of rain, wind, hail, and wet snow. Thankfully nothing is sticking. The shore areas are getting hammered because of the lunar high tide.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Under fair skies today we got up to 75°F.
    Habitual Offender

Registered
    Aug 2003
    I think it will be an early spring and a hellacious allergy season here in the mid-Ohio Valley.

[Leaves to check the Zyrtec supply ...]
    Not valid without corporate seal

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Sleet, rain, sleet, snow, rain, thunderstorm, sleet, rain, snow . . . all today since 8 am.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Decent snow storm headed to NJ/NY. Predictions are all over the place but I think 8-10" is what I will see. We likely won't be working and school will be cancelled.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    An inch of powder greeted me this morning. Strange, usually about this time of year I'm mortally sick of winter and despise the white stuff, but seeing it this morning didn't really phase me. That might have something to do with the fact that it'll probably be gone tomorrow.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Every morning this week we've been greeted by an inch or so of powder.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Every morning this week we've been greeted by an inch or so of powder.
    It snowed all day here yesterday, pretty hard at times and some reports said we'd get between 3 to 5 inches but it was just warm enough that it wasn't really sticking too much. I think we ended up with maybe an inch or two total.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    It snowed all day here yesterday, pretty hard at times and some reports said we'd get between 3 to 5 inches but it was just warm enough that it wasn't really sticking too much. I think we ended up with maybe an inch or two total.
    Just because you said this it started snowing again here. Thanks.

Registered
    May 2002
    It's funny to me that working for local government for so long causes me to always think of snowstorms in dollars and cents. Fortunately we've come in under budget the last two winters.
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Mar 2007
    From February 26th:

Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    It feels like winter is fizzling out here in Detroit. The temps were in the 50s all weekend and, looking forward, it doesn't appear we will fall below about 45º during the day for the foreseeable future. More importantly, it feels and smells like spring outside which isn't always the case this time of year even when the temps are warm. We need a few big rainstorms to wash away all the dust and salt.

In related news, my tulips and hyacinths are starting to pop out of the ground but I don't see any crocuses or daffodils yet (though mine seemed to be dying off last spring and I think I may need to plant more this fall).

Even though flowers are starting to pop up, this is always my least favorite time of year because everything is so grey and dirty and dusty. Thankfully at least the sun is shining today.
    I was way off in my assessment that winter was fizzling out.

I'm looking forward to being in Florida in a few days.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I'm going on record as saying yesterday we saw our last snow of the season. Not even flurries going forward into spring.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    We could use some of those April showers a little early. We're in an all time drought.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I'm going on record as saying yesterday we saw our last snow of the season. Not even flurries going forward into spring.
    It's snowing here on this side.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Still effing snowing here.

And cold.

And windy.

Boo.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Clear and 75°F in my neighborhood.
    Habitual Offender

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Clear and 75°F in my neighborhood.
    Shut up.

We're going to Sanibel in May. Hopefully it will have stopped snowing here by that time.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Although there was snow on the ground this morning, I think all the ice is gone under my pool cover.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Maybe it's not 'weather' per se, but I noticed there was twilight in the eastern sky this morning on the drive into work.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    It was in the 80s down here in Texas over the weekend and I got quite a bit of sun being outside. We had some rain on St. Patty’s day in the evening though. We’re at the point where the high will typically be anywhere from 65-85. Nice to finally enjoy a real spring, unlike the 40s & 50s crap with a couple 60s-70s teaser days sprinkled in until May like I remember in the Midwest.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    May 2002
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Shut up.

We're going to Sanibel in May. Hopefully it will have stopped snowing here by that time.
    I'm so jealous! I spent two weeks in May for many, many years visiting Sanibel. That is such a great time to go. Have a great time.
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Aug 2005
    20+ mph sustained winds in Atlanta this afternoon - with this being the beginning of the pine pollen season, the yellow clouds should be entertaining.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    I am happy that I don't live in the north-east anymore. This weekly nor'easter stuff is getting ridiculous.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    It's been snowing pretty heavily here since 8:00 last night. I let everyone who made it here today go home at noon. The phones aren't ringing, because most people didn't go to work. I didn't see any sense in letting them sit here all day thinking about how bad their commute was going to be. At least they'll be driving with fewer cars around them.

+ Reply to thread
Page 191 of 195 FirstFirst ... 181 190 191 192 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 7:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 1:33 PM
  3. Replies: 161