Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Most of the snow from Tuesday is gone, because of the sleet and rain.

Just north of me is supposed to get 4 inches of snow tonight
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Dec 2001
    We had snow flurries this morning

Registered
    Apr 2002
    I love the weather here in Wisconsin. It's by far the sunniest place I've ever lived. But, I know the drought is a bad consequence. Hopefully my tune won't change in the next few months. Some guy on NPR this morning mentioned, gulp, flurries as a possibility in a few days.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by Big Easy King
    Same as yesterday in The Big Easy...sunny and a high of 85 with relatively low humidity.
    So what would be considered relatively low humidity in New Orleans, 90%?

It didn't snow here last night but it feels like it keeps getting colder as the day wears on. I should have worn a jacket today.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Today it's cold and rainy here (with yucky gusts!) Bring back the sun!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    My wife swears she saw snow flying while she was stripping [SIZE=0.5]wood[/SIZE] in the yard this morning...

Registered
    Nov 2002
    We had a fresh 1" of snow on the ground and the cars when I woke this morning. It was cold enough that it was sticking to the road in spots along my commute in to the office.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by Greenescapist
    I love the weather here in Wisconsin. It's by far the sunniest place I've ever lived. But, I know the drought is a bad consequence. Hopefully my tune won't change in the next few months. Some guy on NPR this morning mentioned, gulp, flurries as a possibility in a few days.
    It flurried around Boston this morning so you actually missed out on early snow by moving to WI. Hopefully in a few months you won't be longing for the comfortable winters of New England.

My wife swears she saw snow flying while she was stripping wood in the yard this morning...
    "Stripping Wood" thats got to be a euphemism for something!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Raining... and 14ºC more or less... winds are calm now...

Registered
    Apr 2002
    Originally posted by Seabishop
    It flurried around Boston this morning so you actually missed out on early snow by moving to WI. Hopefully in a few months you won't be longing for the comfortable winters of New England.
    Yeah, everyone is surprised out here to when I tell them that it snowed 100 inches in Boston last winter. I don't think I have that to worry about... but it's going to be freaking cold in no time at all.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Cold, cloudy, windy....perfect loathing and master plan weather.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Oct 2001

The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Well, the weather report for my Southern Indiana sojourn with Mom next weekend looks mixed. 40% chance of showers.

At least Sunday is supposed to be sunny.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Ugly weather this afternoon. Heavy rain and 63 degrees. OK, now I'm going to try and figure out how to load pics of my new house.

Edit: I'm an idiot...can someone send me to the directions to up load pictures? Thanks. **RJ kicking the carpet again.**
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 27 Nov 2004 at 4:26 PM. Reason: i'm an idiot

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I have alluded to the fact that I love COLD weather in different threads.
    Starting the car this morning, the temp guage read a frigid 3 degrees.... It has warmed to a balmy 16 degrees as of 11am.

Lunch today may include paying some bills and walking them to the post office 4 blocks away....
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Sep 1999
    80 d. here today. Not really Christmassy weather to shop.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Damn I missed the unpredictable weather of Valdivia... I go out for an errand, it drizzles from my house until I cross the bridge (around half way), and after that.... no more drizzle and the sun comes out again.... I bet that if I hadn't had a coat with me the drizzle would have turned into flat out rain both ways and I would have ended up soaking wet.
    A great welcome for me (I just arrived this morning)...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Weather... tell me about it.... We've had to contend with temperatures around 60 F both of the last two weekends.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    Weather... tell me about it.... We've had to contend with temperatures around 60 F both of the last two weekends.
    Welcome to Colorado in December, Card. It's been like this for a while. I remember playing basketball in 70 degree weather Christmas morning one year.

It is either going to be really cold (1990), or really fair, (now)

Although it is supposed to be in the 20's the rest of the week.

Hey Card, is it windy down there in the People's Republic? We got quite the hurricane up here.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2002
    The days are not starting to get longer. According to weather underground

the length of the day today is : 9h 07m, tomorrow will be 0m 33s longer

A whole 33 seconds. every little bit counts.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Toledo's TV weathermen (and weatherwomen) are again gearing up for the expected snowstorm (with possible 1/4 inch ice preceeding). During the last storm (a tiny 8" affair) there must have been one-hundred (100) weatherpeople out in the air, carrying on like it was the blizzard of the century. One (1) guy at Channel 13 even had a hardware store yardstick, calling it "The Super Doppler Storm Measuring Stick".

So we anxiously await another super-duper whopper-doppler. Whoopie.

This Bulletin Just In From The KFWB Weather Desk: Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    Toledo's TV weathermen (and weatherwomen) are again gearing up for the expected snowstorm (with possible 1/4 inch ice preceeding). During the last storm (a tiny 8" affair) there must have been one-hundred (100) weatherpeople out in the air, carrying on like it was the blizzard of the century. One (1) guy at Channel 13 even had a hardware store yardstick, calling it "The Super Doppler Storm Measuring Stick".

So we anxiously await another super-duper whopper-doppler. Whoopie.

This Bulletin Just In From The KFWB Weather Desk: Bear
    I have worn shorts for the past two days! Temps here 55 - 60.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    On weather:

Were getting some icy drizzle this morning, on the way to dropping temps and lots of snow

High of 10 tomorrow in No. Colo.

-Peart

Registered
    Mar 2003
    We are icy here today.
    Going to get my mom a new dog from the shelter tomorrow if the weather holds.

I just got out of bed, ain't unemployment great! Thanks for having coffee with me!

My brother email yesterday, he has made it to Iraq. They held him in Kuwait for a few months (which was fine with me) but we sure would appreciate a few prayers for those of you that do that. He said to tell everybody just in case they say there isn't a war going on he is verifying that there is. I always knew that he would get there before election time. And I guess if Democracy is what he is over there fighting for then the best thing he can do is help them be able to get to the polls to vote.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Forecast for my area today: temp 78; overcast; dewpoint 65. WTF happened to winter??? I think we are nearly 20 degrees above normal. I went waterskiing last night without a wetsuit. This weather is seriously messed up!

Finished wedding registry Sunday. It's fun spending other people's money! Also found a house to rent from a family friend for a steal.

Starting a diet sucks, especially when your dad orders chicken alfredo right in front of you.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    So it is going to be around 72 degrees in northern Colorado today and in the upper 60s for the rest of the week.... I do like the cold, but this is going to change everyone's aura, making them think it is spring, only to depress everyone, when the cold and snow returns...

... I hate it because my mood, and sleeping patterns alter drastically when the weather changes it took me a long time to get out of bed this morning...

-Peart

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 8:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 2:33 PM