Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Weather Thread

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Cardinal.....keep up the good stuff! Best of luck.

Other topic: The weather here in NW Ohio (beautiful Swantucky) expected to be about 40-degrees with rain moving in tonight. Temps rising to near 50-degrees tomorrow, along with SW winds and that rain stuff.

Later in the week, temps go back to normal low 30-degree area. But no rain or snow.

The joys of living in a 4-season climate. You usually get two (2) seasons in any given week.

Bear Pointing To Map But Eyes On Off-Screen Monitor
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally posted by JNL
    No chaos, but I hate this time... just to coincide with 1 March, the temperature took a big dive, reinforcing that summer is over.
    Ugh... here too, cold and overcast... It's gonna rain tommorrow too.
    At least I'm going back to Santiago on Friday and the weather still holds quite well there until like April or May. (actually the forecast doesn't go down from 28șC for the next 7 days )
    Oh and Rem, my classes start next week... too bad around there they had to start this week

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    Upon further review... it is raining now.... weird stuff going on...
    We had that weather yesterday. I wore a raincoat, then blizzard like conditions set in and I was freezing. So I switched to my down jacket, went to lunch and when I came back it started pouring rain and I got my jacket soaked. No matter what I do, I just can't prepare for days like that!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    We had that weather yesterday. I wore a raincoat, then blizzard like conditions set in and I was freezing. So I switched to my down jacket, went to lunch and when I came back it started pouring rain and I got my jacket soaked. No matter what I do, I just can't prepare for days like that!

It was sunny when I went into work this morning too. Now it is just cloudy.

ALSO: Positive thoughts being sent your way Gedunker

Zman's wild weather update....

After sun at 8am, snow and rain at 9, overcast "Seattle looking" clouds at 10am, 11:30am brings me sunny and clear... this is making me crazy!!!!!

YEs, another weather post. (Sorry but today is just WEIRD, even for Colorado)

Took a drive at lunch, and the blowing snow/rain/grey dampness is long gone. We currently have a hurricane which succeeded in blowing my low profile car to the side.

It is very sunny and in the 50s now....
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 25 May 2006 at 9:16 AM.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2003
    The weather here is so beautiful today. About 70F with bright blue skies.

We have to go out in the field next week for a beach study I am conducting for the region. I told my team to wear flip flops. I can't believe I get to go to the beach for work! How excellent and during spring break.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Trail Nazi
    The weather here is so beautiful today. About 70F with bright blue skies.

We have to go out in the field next week for a beach study I am conducting for the region. I told my team to wear flip flops. I can't believe I get to go to the beach for work! How excellent and during spring break.

A couple of years ago, I had to do a presentation for work in Ocean City, MD. At that point, I had not seen an ocean before. A co-worker and I left the office early enough to take a semi-dip in the ocean then change in a bathroom of the hotel where a conference was being held. We give our presentation then head the 3 hours back to Baltimore. That was so much fun
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    File under "Why I'm glad I'll be in San Fran this weekend"

A view of what I had to dig out of last week, and this was after I was plowed and snowblown the night before:

"Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2003
    And those pictures are the reason that I put up with the irratic weather in Kansas because no matter what it doesn't last long. My hubby says it is still going to snow this year. I don't think so, if it does it will be light and over quickly.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    File under "Why I'm glad I'll be in San Fran this weekend"

A view of what I had to dig out of last week, and this was after I was plowed and snowblown the night before:
    NO WAY I could handle that!!! Not in March!! We may get some but nothing like that, we don't even see snow here in MIssouri like that in the dead of winter...I'll take my 75 degrees one day and 32 the next anytime over snow like that in March!! Very pretty but gives me shivers just thinking about it...
    Last edited by Tranplanner; 16 Mar 2005 at 2:01 PM. Reason: removed images

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I like your weather NHP. At least you know what it is going to be like. Here we had 75 degrees Saturday morning and then 4 inches of snow Saturday night.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2003
    The weather in Toledo, OH, during the month of March has been much colder than normal. Almost all month the temperature has been in the ten-to-fifteen degrees below normal range.

Today was sunny and bright. But it was only about forty (40) degrees, farenheit. The normal for today is fifty (50).

Tonight the inbound rain is supposed to change to snow. Couple inches expected. No bid deal BUT there will be panic in the streets of Toledo because of the expected two-inch "blizzard".

If this year is like other years that had slow-starting and cold springs, the temps will eventually turn-around and proceed directly to summer-like temps. then when they average things out the year will show "normal".

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Of all the days, why today? Why the crappy weather today? Who did I offend to this extent to justify this?
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Of all the days, why today? Why the crappy weather today? Who did I offend to this extent to justify this?
    o.k.- so what's the deal with 'crappy Friday?'- I've read in several other threads that you've responded to that you're in a funk....? Que Pasa?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    After packing up and leaving town on Friday for my parent's cabin, we had overcast skies and cold weather on the plains. My girlfriend and I made it to Denver when it strated snowing, U.S. Hwy 285 running southwest out of Denver was snowy and slow going. Three hours later we were in an all out blizzard in the Rockies, driving through a foot of blowing snow, on a far out county road in the mountains, stopping every three minutes to scrape the ice from the wipers. (yes, the heater was working, but of no use for the windshield anymore) But we barelymade it, and as promised a glass of Canadian Club on teh rocks was a might tasty reward.

And we drive back in 65 degree weather.

Looks like I am biking to work tomorrow...

-Peart

The weather map in the Chicago Tribune shows the weather in the US and Canada and though it shows Mexico the weather stops on the US side of the boarder. It shows no weather in Mexico. Does this mean that there is NO weather in Mexico?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by steel
    The weather map in the Chicago Tribune shows the weather in the US and Canada and though it shows Mexico the weather stops on the US side of the boarder. It shows no weather in Mexico. Does this mean that there is NO weather in Mexico?
    Yes, truly.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I think that if you have terrible weather over a weekend that you should be required to work rather than be tortured by the beautiful weather during the work week. Argh. I keep looking outside and longing to be out there.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Well, it has been windy up here today, but our rain shadow prevented us from any rain/snow. Just windy and clear; enough to make THIS planner cranky.

I was watching the news at home before I came back into work for Council and they said the wind was up to 61 mph today in my town.... 61!

I know some people here have been through hurricanes, but these are high winds here...

How was the weather in Big Rock, Cardinal?

-Peart

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    The weather was making me extremely jealous yesterday. Not only is (seemingly) EVERYWHERE else experiencing fantastic spring weather, but they have to brag about it here. (Just Kidding)

As I said before, I was stuck inside my crappy apartment all day yesterday while it blizzarded outside, but it didn't do enough in my town to close anything. Every school system inthe immediate vicinity is closed and town municpalities around us are opening late! I put new tires on my bike Saturday and haven't had the chance to ride on them yet, and I have planning commission tonight where the public will be out in force, looking for blood. (just lay off the planner, please )

Just had to vent. I am gald everyone is enjoying nice weather. It looked good in Chicago yesterday (as I was watching the Cubs win) and we should be melting and warming up as soon as tomorrow.

It's just that with a foot of snow, our fast progressing house construction will be delayed and I cannot bike. (Although I will ride into work tomorrow )

Happy Monday.

-Peart

Registered
    May 2003
    The last few days in Toledo and NW Ohio have been beautiful sunny days, with temperatures well-above the normal.......mid 80's compared to a normal low 60's.
    As the weather front moves through we will see some storms, although the more severe weather is well-south of NW Ohio. On Thursday and Friday we will return to sunny days, with temps a bit below normal.

On Saturday and Sunday we are getting "The Ski-Man" effect.....all that cold (and snow) that he complained about a week or so ago will magically appear in NW Ohio. We are only expecting snow flurries......and it is actually quite normal around here to experience flakes ( ) in mid-to-late April.

No doubt that the furnace will have to be turned on.

Bear Giving You Today's Weather

Let's see if you can all play along.....

IS IT JUST ME? or do the TV commercials for Quizno's with the fat-faced little kid irritate the xxxx out of you?

IS IT JUST ME? or does the control that the board of directors of Augusta National has on that community irritate and "scare" the hexx out of you? A life-long minor-league criminal.....so he was certainly no angel.....counterfited badges for the Masters golf tourney. With encouragement from the club's board this small time hood was sentenced to something like thirty (30) years in prison, with no chance for parole. We are letting child killers walk and imprisoning these guys?

It Is Bear
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 06 Jul 2005 at 2:02 PM.
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I guess the rainy season is upon us. Not even 8 a.m. and we're getting that rumbling, house-rattling thunder. It's gonna be a lousy day for weather.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    MAN, it's a soaker of a day here. A rare day on the Front Range where it is rainy all day.
    How the weather down south, Card?

-Peart

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    MAN, it's a soaker of a day here. A rare day on the Front Range where it is rainy all day.
    How the weather down south, Card?
    Rain. We needed it. I did some more planting yesterday, and relocated sod, so the rain should be a good thing. Just hope it does not freeze.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie
    MUST RESIST, MUST RESIST..... I LIKE IT SOUTH OF THE BORDER.
    I'm gonna quit discussing the weather around you!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I'm gonna quit discussing the weather around you!
    Well, you left yourself wide open on that one....so to speak. (He beats me to the punch line again.)
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Teh 2013 Tropical Weather Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 05 Oct 2013, 8:07 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 21
    Last post: 24 Oct 2012, 2:33 PM
  3. Replies: 161