Aug 2001
    You guys are too much.

*Fetches Progresso can from pantry*

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Chet View post
    You guys are too much.

*Fetches Progresso can from pantry*
    I actually made it a few days ago and reheated it. Its really not much work. I bought a container of celery and carrot sticks which I chopped up, added a chicken breast which I boiled, added noodles, black pepper and salt (I didn't think the broth had much taste).

It looks like I'm out of luck for making homemade soup. Most of Maister's qualifuications are in violation of city code. Of course there are a few stores that sell live chickens (in Mexican neighborhoods).

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by jsk1983 View post
    Of course there are a few stores that sell live chickens (in Mexican neighborhoods).

That is disturbing.

Registered
    May 2005
    Leftover pork roast and peas. Better than PB&J, but still not real exciting..
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Leftover homemade baked beans.

Biohazard signs have been installed outside my cube.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Well, I am beginning to think about this topic as the office closes for lunch in an hour...

Ran out of homemade bread this morning.
    No more left overs.

I do have some wheat pasta and homemade basil pesto.
    I do have items with which to make a quesadilla (be it Italian/Greek style or Mexican style).
    Maybe I'll do a shake.
    I could go to the rude people at the local restaurant and get some green chili...

Hmmm... many choices.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2005
    black bean burrito for me, from the fast-food mexican joint. i found someone's hair in it halfway through. i got a $10 coupon and 3 free taco coupons as compensation.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    black bean burrito for me, from the fast-food mexican joint. i found someone's hair in it halfway through. i got a $10 coupon and 3 free taco coupons as compensation.
    When I find something wrong with my chow at a restaurant, the last thing I want is more food from the same establishment...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Sub sandwich, BMT on Italian Herbs & Cheese Bread, pepperjack cheese,toasted w/lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, jalapenos and spicy mustard. Chips & a Coke. All from the place that Jarod shills for.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Aug 2002
    My birthday lunch: PB&J and a Brown Cow blueberry yogurt.

Same old, same old.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I brown bagged it: chicken salad sandwich on dark german wheat bread, wheat thins with veggie cream cheese dip, and lemon yogurt for dessert.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Zaxby's chicken nibblerz. Yum. I'm getting sick of them though...

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I had a nice homemade roast beef sub on a white roll, while reading the newest Kathy Reichs novel and watching the catfight on "The View". It's a wonder I don't have indigestion...

Tomorrow, I'll have leftover hot and sour soup and my sinuses will be clear for a month.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Authentic Tamales from the tamale lady that stopped by my wife's office.

-Peart

Registered
    May 2005
    Quesadilla potluck at the office.

I'm feeling anti-social today; I'll probably go grab some fast food.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Authentic Tamales from the tamale lady that stopped by my wife's office.
    Oooh...I am jealous! I haven't had a great tamale since I left the west coast. Pasteles which are the Puerto Rican version are ok but they aren't a replacement! I brought some leftover ham and navy bean soup with me today. Yes, I work alone.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Oooh...I am jealous! I haven't had a great tamale since I left the west coast. Pasteles which are the Puerto Rican version are ok but they aren't a replacement! I brought some leftover ham and navy bean soup with me today. Yes, I work alone.
    This is one thing I love about my part of Colorado. The agricultural economy insures many migrants from Mexico and Central America who market their authentic cuisine.
    I know a couple places in Greeley where the food is great. The kind of places on the "wrong side of the tracks" where I am the only person of European descent in there. It helps me with my Spanish and the food is second to none.

I really want to perfect authentic Mexican beans and rice at my house. What I make is decent, but nothing like what I can get in local restaurants.

-Peart

Registered
    Jul 2006
    The kind of places on the "wrong side of the tracks" where I am the only person of European descent in there.
    Off-topic:
    Not to nit-pick (sure), but they're mostly of European descent as well. Just came in from a different direction.

I think I'll go to Chik-Fil-A for lunch today. Need some of them nuggets and fries.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    This is one thing I love about my part of Colorado. The agricultural economy insures many migrants from Mexico and Central America who market their authentic cuisine.
    I know a couple places in Greeley where the food is great. The kind of places on the "wrong side of the tracks" where I am the only person of European descent in there. It helps me with my Spanish and the food is second to none.

I really want to perfect authentic Mexican beans and rice at my house. What I make is decent, but nothing like what I can get in local restaurants.
    I know what you mean having lived most my life in Oregon. There are many people of Mexican and Central American origin and I employed a fair number of them over the years. They all knew that my weaknesses are tamales and rellenos so they would often indulge me There is one place here that we go to occasionally which is pretty good and I am usually the only white person in there, but they don't do tamales. A friend of mine refers to it as the "Too Mexican" place.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Something @ Target (I have to go there during lunch to get birthday present for Wee P)

maybe this should have gone in the dull thread
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Finished up some leftover pasta I made the other day. I forget the name of the dish, but the recipe called for chopped plum tomatoes, kalamata olives, and capers with a topping of grated parmesan. YUM.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Two Hebrew Nationals on a whole wheat bun.

One: Kraut, Dill Relish, Spicy Brown Mustard, and Ketchup.

The Other: Caramelized Onions and Corky's Memphis BBQ Sauce.

Now I must find some gum if I am to interact with society...

-Peart

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

Meal exchange

Kiss! Man and I set up an informal food-sharing program. I have a bunch of flat lidded Chinese take-out dishes from holidays at my sis's, and it's simple to make twice as much of whatever I am preparing for myself.

Last night I fixed up some of the fridge incident survivors, pasta sauce and raviloli. And a Foreman-grilled pita with mediterranean stuff from the deli.

He's traded that for a large container of chicken soup which will soon be gone. Clearly home-made (he's doing better than me on that). And he made an apple pie last night, perfectly timed to be done after my banjo club session.

Last week I did up a package of Zatarain's black beans & rice, and some chicken stew (with huge handfulls off my dried-out rosemary holiday tree).

This is nice. I get to cook mama style (with six in the fam-of-origin, I learned to cook for a crowd, not for one). I don't have to eat the same dang thing day after day. Someone else gets to experience something different, as do I (looks like slices of broccoli stem in the soup). And it's fun!

We were discussing the winging-it method, a pinch of this and a handful of that. I mentioned my French onion soup, which I have not made in probably years. Produce section, here we come.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Amy's Organic Lentil Vegetable soup.

i want a burrito.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    a french dip sandwich while at a lunch meeting the an area citizen advocacy group talking about our new UDO (I got heartburn now and not because of the sandwich).
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

+ Reply to thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 502
    Last post: 30 Jul 2014, 1:53 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 44
    Last post: 21 Apr 2013, 8:40 PM
  3. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread