Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Fish & chips from Applebee's.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Leftover fra diavolo with chicken sausage...all that's missing is the red wine that I consumed it with last night.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Leftover Cincinnati four-way chili
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by illinoisplanner View post
    Leftover Cincinnati four-way chili
    Ah that reminds me of a trip to Skyline...

I had a half-decent cheeseburger (and not the drive-thru variety).
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Leftover homemade pasta with creamy pesto sauce and chicken. Like kjelsadek all that's missing was the wine from last night. And the yummy chocolate dessert.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    ZG and I went to lunch today at Carrabba's. Oh, the sights we saw.

Long Island Barbra and Liza (Liza wearing a black belt with "Chanel" written in metallic script on the leather), and the Rat Pack dining at the next table. People watching is fascinating. Liza was 60 yo if she was a day (channeling Minelli in about 1964 with the black boots and black skirt that zipped up the front). She was with the guy who was in the rat pack black suit and in charge of the table (the one who talks all the time and everyone else has to listen).

Barb had the Barb bob, nose, and makeup, and was with the incongruous guy in a tacky shirt with a bunch of keys hanging from his belt.

Then there was Rhoda's mom with the guy with his collar points outside his shiny jacket. Sheesh.

What were people from Long Island doing here? Shouldn't they be in Boca or Naples? They all (except key guy) looked like they were hoping they were at a party with Dean and Sammie and Frank.

ZG wouldn't let me get my camera from the car to take pics. Damn.
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 28 Nov 2010 at 8:18 PM. Reason: I used to be able to write my own posts, now I need help.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    ZG ZG wouldn't let me get my camera from the car to take pics. Damn.
    Can't you snipe with your phone?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    For the last three days days it's been turkey sandwiches. I'm guessing turkey sandwich today too.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    A bowl of romaine and arugula with cucumber and green onion. Needless to say, I was starving an hour later. Must. Eat. Light. Between. Holiday. Over. Indulgences.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I put on a pound over the last weekend, so it's been soup and a salad for lunch all week for me. Not that I mind. It's been chilly here.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I'm thinking a Lenny's sub is in order

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Leftover whole wheat penne with sauteed asparagus, broccoli, and portobella mushrooms in pesto sauce. Topped with parmesan cheese. Yum!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Leftover whole wheat penne with sauteed asparagus, broccoli, and portobella mushrooms in pesto sauce. Topped with parmesan cheese. Yum!
    That sounds fantastic!

I'll probably have a toasted cheese-and-tomato sandwich and some Banilla yogurt for lunch. And hot tea... I cannot stop yawning this morning!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Some sort of odd rice pilaf thing...it was a kitchen experiment that didn't quite turn out, though it tastes better than it sounds.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I'm getting a free lunch today from a coworker who I bought lunch for one day last week while we were out of the office. I'm trying to decide between the local Mongolian BBQ chain or 5 Guys...
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    That sounds fantastic!

I'll probably have a toasted cheese-and-tomato sandwich and some Banilla yogurt for lunch. And hot tea... I cannot stop yawning this morning!
    It is quite yummy! It is just a little something I threw together that has now become one of our staples. Delicious & nutritious!

But what I wouldn't give for a grilled cheese sandwich...

Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I'm getting a free lunch today from a coworker who I bought lunch for one day last week while we were out of the office. I'm trying to decide between the local Mongolian BBQ chain or 5 Guys...
    The Mongolian BBQ gets my vote.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    The Mongolian BBQ gets my vote.
    Mongolian BBQ is what we went with.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Heading over to a local New Mexican cuisine place a few blocks from my work.

I think someone is going to offer me a job. Or at least offer that they want to offer me a job...
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Some kind of Parmesan-chicken pasta combination. It was pretty good, but it probably would have been better if it were home-made from scratch rather than a hamburger-helper type mix.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    We have been on a grape leaf kick at home. We make them about once per week. Left over grape leaves are just as yummy as fresh ones. Plus some homemade fatoosh and hummus.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    We have been on a grape leaf kick at home. We make them about once per week. Left over grape leaves are just as yummy as fresh ones. Plus some homemade fatoosh and hummus.
    You mean like the Greek-style stuffed grape leaves? Do you make your own? I could eat those straight out of the can if I didn't know how much sodium content they have. Even so, a few stuffed grape leaves with a salad or hummus... divine! Before they became more widely available in the ethnic section of the supermarket, I used to buy stuffed grape leaves by the pound at NYC delis.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    You mean like the Greek-style stuffed grape leaves? Do you make your own?
    Yes we make our own! They are actually pretty easy to make. You just get yourself some grape leaves - either fresh from the vine or from a jar. If they are fresh you just have to wash them and soak them for 24 hours, if they are from a jar then you can use them as is. Then you pick what you want to stuff them with. We have been using ground beef. Lamb is traditional but very expensive in Hawaii. Mix raw ground beef and uncooked rice together. We are still experimenting with the perfect ratio, but so far 1 lb of ground beef and 1-2 cups of rice has produced great results. Then roll the mixture up into the grape leaves and place in a pot. Pack them as tightly as you can so they don't come unrolled while cooking. Next, add enough water to just cover the grape leaves and boil the grape leaves in the water with the juice of 2 medium lemons (you can add more for a tangier result, or less if you don't like the sour flavor it produces) for about 45 minutes.

We have found that placing something on top of the grape leaves in the pot while they are boiling helps prevent them from unrolling. We are using a slightly smaller saucepan with some water in it for now, until we find a better solution. They turn out AMAZING.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Mongolian BBQ is what we went with.
    How was it?

I've been craving Indian food since an applicant came in and discussed his Indian restaurant. *drool*

Registered
    Mar 2005
    The annual employees holiday luncheon is today. Last year it was ham or chicken so I figure it might be a repeat offense. Details to follow.
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    The annual employees holiday luncheon is today. Last year it was ham or chicken so I figure it might be a repeat offense. Details to follow.
    Yep, it was ham and chicken breast with green beans, sweet potato cass and mac/cheese. Banana pudding or apple pie for dessert. At least the ham wasn't an iradescent green this year.

+ Reply to thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 532
    Last post: 09 Feb 2015, 10:40 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 44
    Last post: 21 Apr 2013, 8:40 PM
  3. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread