Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    I'm meeting a friend for lunch today at my favorite Indian restaurant... for an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    Woo hoo! Sounds like a wonderful day! We're going to the Indian buffet for lunch tomorrow. I can't wait.

Registered
    May 2005
    Some red beans and rice from a downtown spot. http://www.gumbosmtclemens.com/index.html

Store bought hummus with homemade pita chips.

Stupid contractor just had to bring in Dunkin Donut Holes, so maybe a few of those.

Fairly light lunch for me, but it's probably good since we're going away for the weekend and will be indulging ourselves in food the next couple of days.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I made one of the kid's favorites and had a little bowl for lunch. Sauteed chopped onion, green pepper, and hot dogs mixed with a batch of Velveeta shells n cheese. Mix in some chili powder, crushed red pepper, hot sauce, and worcestershire. The kid and I call it Hot Dog Junk. RJ calls it revolting. Oh well.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I made one of the kid's favorites and had a little bowl for lunch. Sauteed chopped onion, green pepper, and hot dogs mixed with a batch of Velveeta shells n cheese. Mix in some chili powder, crushed red pepper, hot sauce, and worcestershire. The kid and I call it Hot Dog Junk. RJ calls it revolting. Oh well.
    I'm sorry, but I have to agree with RJ on this one!

I had leftovers again:

1/3 chicken breast, with cilantro and lime sauce
    Little bit of plain rice
    Green beans
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I had a webinar for lunch
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    with or without cheese?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Was it filling? Probably not too spicy.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Pizza while watching the NCAA tourney
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2005
    I brought my lunch for the 4th time this week. Leftover spahgetti. But the NCAA tourney is calling my name for lunch. I may have to go out.

On second thought, maybe I'll just eat the spaghetti and work through lunch, then leave work early.
    Last edited by btrage; 15 Mar 2012 at 11:25 AM.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Leftover baby backs from the other night. Maybe with a small salad. On a plastic plate so I can dine by the pool.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    As a benefit to an employee's wife with a rare cancer, a fish-fry with cole slaw, hush puppies, beans and a bottle of water served by our commissioners. Good cause.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Haven't figured it out yet this morning except it won't be Mexican. Had that last night for dinner (and it was good and spicy).
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Salad. Right now the lettuce, spinach and radishes in the back yard gardens are ready for harvest.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2005
    Leftover meatballs and rice. An apple and a cheese stick. I've been bringing my lunch a lot more the last few weeks.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Depending on how hungry I am, I'll be having gumbo from a BBQ stand in the township where I'll be working today.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Two Tony's Super Dogs and a diet pepsi. $4.60
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Today I had a huge chunk of leftover "Mom's recipe" meatloaf, on two slices of white bread, drenched with ketchup and Hellman's mayo. Heaven on earth. (Why don't we have an orgasmic emoticon?) Good thing I don't eat like that every day.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Today's lunch consisted primarily of nothing...washed down with a BIG drink of water. Yeah, I'm feeling a might bit cranky.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Daughter-in-law and grandson took me out for lunch. Grilled tilapia with tomatillo sauce, red beans and rice, and a salad.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    A slice of leftover quiche and a side salad. Then a fried chicken wing and two pieces of bacon. I was eating later than usual and was also kinda cranky. At least I resisted the candy bar that's sitting on the kitchen island...

Registered
    Feb 2004

Lunches of the healthy and active

Two thirds of a Hershey's Chocolate bar, a slice of white toast with peanut butter and a swig out a two-liter of Faygo Root Beer.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Raspberry yogurt, nectarine, 2 cheese sticks, pretzels

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Two thirds of a Hershey's Chocolate bar, a slice of white toast with peanut butter and a swig out a two-liter of Faygo Root Beer.
    Hey, you and I must've eaten at the same place. I had a snack size bag of Cheddar Cheese Combos and a Butterfinger. I haven't eaten that poorly in years.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Stouffers spaghetti with meat sauce, a side salad, and a Diet Dew. Now I'm thinking about that coffee ice cream in the freezer...

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Banh Mi. It's a Vietnamese sandwich. I got the meatballs one.

+ Reply to thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 513
    Last post: 12 Sep 2014, 1:09 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 44
    Last post: 21 Apr 2013, 8:40 PM
  3. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread