Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What's For Lunch Thread

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Hey, you and I must've eaten at the same place. I had a snack size bag of Cheddar Cheese Combos and a Butterfinger. I haven't eaten that poorly in years.
    Yeah, I occasionally have lunch at 'Schlepp's'
    Cheddar Cheese Combos and a Butterfinger.... So you ordered the "#4 value meal" this time? Usually I get either a #4 with tap water or order the #7 (slice of leftover pizza, handful of pretzels and two swigs of warm 7-Up out of a 2 liter bottle)

Were you seated in the 'desk section' of the restaurant or the 'standing at the counter' section?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2005
    Now that I'm a 5-10 minute drive from home, I've been going home for lunch most days. It's also been about a month since I cut back my alcohol intake. Combined, these two things alone have made me feel better and I've probably dropped about 5 pounds.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Yeah, I occasionally have lunch at 'Schlepp's'
    Cheddar Cheese Combos and a Butterfinger.... So you ordered the "#4 value meal" this time? Usually I get either a #4 with tap water or order the #7 (slice of leftover pizza, handful of pretzels and two swigs of warm 7-Up out of a 2 liter bottle)

Were you seated in the 'desk section' of the restaurant or the 'standing at the counter' section?
    I ordered in the "vending section" but ate in the "desk section" as it has a much better view. I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the food. I'm not sure I'll be returning to Schlepp's any time soon.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Buffaloed chicken fingers @ Zaxby's. Yummy!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Buffaloed chicken fingers @ Zaxby's. Yummy!
    We ate at Zaxby's twice on our most recent road trip to Florida and back. We enjoyed it.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I had a peach yogurt at 3 pm.

Good thing we're having a big dinner tonight.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Blackened chicken with spring mix and house basalmic dressing wrap - & tea. Can't forget the tea down in these parts.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Leftover Toad in the Hole.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by jsk1983 View post
    Leftover Toad in the Hole.
    I don't know what that is, but it sounds delicious!

I had quesadillas with fresh tomatoes and homemade salsa. Then two lemon cookies. Just about right.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by wahday View post

I had quesadillas with fresh tomatoes and homemade salsa. Then two lemon cookies. Just about right.
    Interesting...I had a frozen burrito with Pace salsa on it. Now I'll go hunt down two Oreo cookies....and I'll have eaten your lunch in a parallel universe. Quick, say something backwards and I'll see if I can understand you!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Black cherry yogurt, string cheese and a nectarine with some pretzels for dessert.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004

Bangers (sausage) with a batter poured over them. Picked some up at the farmers market a few days ago.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by jsk1983 View post
    Bangers (sausage) with a batter poured over them. Picked some up at the farmers market a few days ago.
    Battered sausage, eh? Sounds terrible...terribly AWESOME, that is!

Ursus: !tolp tsinummoc a s’ti ,aslas ton si ecaP
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Battered sausage, eh? Sounds terrible...terribly AWESOME, that is!

Ursus: !tolp tsinummoc a s’ti ,aslas ton si ecaP
    Yes it is, Komrade. Yes it is.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Today's entree was leftover chicken strip, with a side of leftover mashed potatoes, leftover garlic bread, and a small glass of Vernors ginger ale.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    While driving back to the office yesterday afternoon after a trip to a local community's offices I noticed a hastily-made sign outside of a "charcuterie" shop advertising brisket and pulled pork sandwiches. I always figured the shop was just a butcher shop and didn't know that they made sandwiches as well. I made the trip there today to check it out and had the house-smoked brisket with a light dose of some very good BBQ sauce. Like Maister, I also enjoyed a Vernors with my lunch.

I see myself going back there often.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Today's lunch is stick of string cheese, garlic triscuits, grapes, and some water. Going to BDubs tonight for dinner.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Cranberry Nut Quinoa salad. It is good but it is cold. I could go for some warmth.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Yoga, then a microwave couscous bowl from Targe.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Cranberry Nut Quinoa salad. It is good but it is cold. I could go for some warmth.
    It's a good day for hot soup. If only I had some.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I had some leftover Cajun sausage and vegetables that I made for dinner last night. I was also going to have a banana but I had left it in my Jeep while I was at the gym this morning and it still isn't completely thawed out. Last time I tried to open a banana that had frozen before it was totally thawed it turned to mush in my hands.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Aloo Mutter with naan. Mmmmmm
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I've been eating Chobani greek yogurt. I tried Oikos but the women around me started looking like Telly Savalas.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    I've been eating Chobani greek yogurt. I tried Oikos but the women around me started looking like Telly Savalas.
    Chobani is yucky. Fage is the best greek style IMHO. Better yet is Siggi's Icelandic style skyr

A few weeks ago our microwave was removed because some people can't clean up after themselves. It was brought back today. Now I can have a hot lunch
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Chobani is yucky. Fage is the best greek style IMHO. Better yet is Siggi's Icelandic style skyr
    Found both locally, I'll give them a try. Back in the 80's, my favorite was Columbo. Unfortunately, General Mills bought them out and eventually killed them.

+ Reply to thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 502
    Last post: 30 Jul 2014, 1:53 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 44
    Last post: 21 Apr 2013, 8:40 PM