Ok, so our trusted '95 Subaru Legacy wagon is not gonna be safe to drive on the road this winter. Well, it could be - but I'm not gonna dish out over 50% of it's retail book value to get the needed work done. (Trade in value recently hit the negative numbers.....)
So..... into the auto market we go.
Here's our thinking thus far:
- The car will need to carry 4 family members comfortably, plus have room for all our stuff when we travel. Said stuff will include all the equipment/paraphanalia that go with an impending arrival of #2 in early April.
- This will be Mrs. SGB's commuting car, plus our travel car.
- Given the climate and roads we deal with locally and at sites visited frequently, all wheel drive (AWD) is a must.
- We'd like to avoid an SUV for fuel efficiency issues, but could be convinced otherwise.
- The nonexistent budget pretty much mandates purchasing a used car - preferably a late model w/ low to moderate mileage.
I could use any and all suggestions and/or advice The Throbbing Brain (tm) has to offer. HELP!