Urban planning community

Poll results: Is time travel possible during daylight savings time?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure it is, I'll see you later tonight

3 21.43%
  • Sure, but not this way

2 14.29%
  • No, time travel is not possible

2 14.29%
  • All right, now I can go back and drink all of the beer I drank in the past

0 0%
  • What, you've been drinking to much Rumpy's Rampage

7 50.00%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Time Travel & Daylight Savings Time

Registered
    Dec 2003

Time Travel & Daylight Savings Time

Seeing How we have to set the clocks back an hour at 2 tonight, I was wondering if time travel would be possible tonight. I think so. Reminded me of a "Pete & Pete" episode.

"While older Pete gets Endless Mike to help him score a date with Ellen, younger Pete plans to travel back in time at the end of daylight savings time. He plans his revenge on Endless Mike.
    Both Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time begin at two o'clock in the morning, not midnight as stated in this episode. For Little Pete to have "time-traveled," he would have had to stay up until two and relive the one o'clock hour. "
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Everyone knows time travel is only possible by passing through a Scottish ring of stones at midnight during a full moon, after which you meet a really hunky young Scottish guy in a kilt and...

Whoops, gotta quit reading those books...

Registered
    Nov 2002

What a great show

Pete and Pete is one of my favorite shows from my adolescence. Well, that and the Red Shoe Diaries, but we didn't have Cinimax so that was moot. Anyway, we know that Pete could only go back in time with the help of a a Krebstar(TM) Time/Space Flux Capacitor.
    That, or if he could get his hands on a Deloreon that could reach 88 mph...

Registered
    Dec 2003

Re: What a great show

Originally posted by biscuit
    Anyway, we know that Pete could only go back in time with the help of a a Krebstar(TM) Time/Space Flux Capacitor.
    That, or if he could get his hands on a Deloreon that could reach 88 mph...
    Damn, I have to get my hands on one of those before tonight. I think they play the reruns of the show on that nickelodeon network noggon or whatever it is.
    Alright whose been voting that I've been drinking to much Rumpy's Rampage?
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Allright you bastards,(copyright, copyright)

TM

I'm at the bar now

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    So that's why the forum clock was wrong again (Now I have set the GMT offset correctly in the forums at -3)

Time travel? To where? The "future"? The past? Impossible, acording to the current physical laws. Besides... does the "future" exist already? I doubt it! and the past existed, but doesn't exist anymore. Oh and Rumpy.. lay off the Rumpy's Rampage a bit (j/k)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tuna - speaking from experience, posting while intoxicated is not a good practice.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by Chet
    Tuna - speaking from experience, posting while intoxicated is not a good practice.
    This one was posted sober, although I should have been drinking the Rampage.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Daylight saving is such an interesting topic I feel compelled to tell you NSW started DS on Saturday.

Originally posted by Rumpy Tuna
    This one was posted sober, although I should have been drinking the Rampage.
    Chetmeant to say "Speaking from experience - posting while sober is not a good practice".

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by Rem
    Daylight saving is such an interesting topic I feel compelled to tell you NSW started DS on Saturday.

Chetmeant to say "Speaking from experience - posting while sober is not a good practice".
    Allright, thanks for clearing that one up

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Originally posted by SkeLeton
    So that's why the forum clock was wrong again (Now I have set the GMT offset correctly in the forums at -3)
    It's off again for me - we started daylight savings a couple of weeks back and finally the forum clock was right! But now it's shifted away from me again I need GMT +13 hours...

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I hate DLS time soo much. Today when I finish work…. It will be dark!

Curse you farmers!!!

But as far as time travel, sure it is possible. I think I time traveled in my sleep on the charter bus Saturday on the way back from Fantasy Fest!!
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Vacation time and travel
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 19 Mar 2010, 5:30 PM
  2. Comp time & travel
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 12 Dec 2008, 5:34 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last post: 09 Apr 2005, 7:14 AM