Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Another vB Forum?

Another vB Forum?

Here is another forum that I sometimes participate in. Called Cafe L'urbanite, there is not as much activity here as Cyburbia, and certainly not as advanced as far as who it is powered by, but I have "recycled" one or two of my Cyburbia thread ideas here to see what different feedback I get. Members also post a lot of great photos. Anyone else ever seen this before?

This forum reminds me a little more of days of yore of Cyburbia when Planning Peeves was still its seperate forum. There's generally less restraint here than present day Cyburbia. So when I get flamed on Cyburbia for ripping on yuppies, it's good to know I can hide out in this place for a while to hear some good slams.

The forum homepage:

http://pub42.ezboard.com/bcafeurbanite

The City Issues forum:

http://pub42.ezboard.com/fcafeurbanitefrm1

BTW, I use a different Username in this forum!

Here is a thread I posted about Gaylord, Michigan. Some of you may remember me posting it here a while back.

http://pub42.ezboard.com/fcafeurbani...cID=1428.topic

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Cat: I always check the Cafe, too. You're right about the relative lack of activity, but the site owners post great photographs, and there are some good threads.

Chris Czabla is too smart for his own good, sometimes

I think they need an El Guapo or an El Feo to stir things up

Originally posted by BKM
    Cat: I always check the Cafe, too. You're right about the relative lack of activity, but the site owners post great photographs, and there are some good threads.

Chris Czabla is too smart for his own good, sometimes

I think they need an El Guapo or an El Feo to stir things up
    Is Czabla you?

I haven't posted there enough to know some of the personalities, but I have always liked what Philadweller has to say.

Looking at my profile, it says I have only posted three times, but I know I posted more than that. I can't seem to find some of my old posts. There was a good one about New Jersey that I want to find.

Originally posted by Super Amputee Cat
    Is Czabla you?

Nevermind... I think I found your Username

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Philadweller can be pretty interesting. (Plus-good taste-He owns a really beautiful townhouse-I really like Georgian architecture!)

And, I forgive some of his earlier posts, as he reivsited San Francisco this year and changed his mind about it.

Chris Czabla is a pretty eloquent writer for someone who is so young.

Originally posted by BKM
    Philadweller can be pretty interesting. (Plus-good taste-He owns a really beautiful townhouse-I really like Georgian architecture!)

And, I forgive some of his earlier posts, as he reivsited San Francisco this year and changed his mind about it.

Chris Czabla is a pretty eloquent writer for someone who is so young.
    Hey do you know if they delete threads after a certain amount of time? I know I posted more threads than my post count shows, but I can't seem to find them?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Don't know. They had an overall site problem earlier this year-but it shouldn't have affected the ezboard.

They have a forum questions section. Post your question there.

Urban photo is a cool site, I'll lurk on the cafe sometime.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Urban Photo/Cafe L'urbanite is probably the most intellectual of the skyscraper/armchair urbanist sites out there.

Chris DeWolf puts a lot of work into the site, and it shows. The articles are well-written and informative. I'm not a big fan of the ezboard system -- it functions like a prettier version of the old WWBoard system of the mid-1990s -- but the discussion seems to make up for that. I'd like to work with them if I could; the site seems to complement Cyburbia well.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    May 2003
    Wow, good site. It could replace Skyscrapercity for me. Urban discussion without wanking and trolling!

Heh, Payton Chung is on there. I know him from an advocacy group in Chicago.

It could replace Skyscrapercity for me
    very trashy boards,, but great pics.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. New on the forum
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 13 Aug 2012, 8:33 AM
  2. Architecture forum
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 23 Apr 2009, 3:38 AM