Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Why Clear Channel is going to Hell...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2003

Why Clear Channel is going to Hell...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=9&u=/ap/20031101/ap_on_en_ot/radio_stations_bicyclists

As if I needed another reason to hate the Devil's Broadcasting Company. They already changed the classic-rock station here to Kenny G smooth jazz, even though I believe there are already jazz stations around here. And even I have noticed the quality--especially the variety--of music on individual stations in the area go down over the last four or five years as stations have been bought by Clear Channel and Radio One.

Of course, to be honest this is really the stupidity of the DJs (and some callers), not really Clear Channel's fault. Glad to hear that their getting bit in the a$$ for it by listeners, advertisers, and stockholders. Jokes are one thing, but there are enough people out there who really are dumb enough to try these things to be careful how far some jokes should be taken.

End rant.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    The link does not work
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Not a CC fan. Quit listening to their homogenized crap. We still have 2 good indies.

I can't believe this crap though. Talking about something as a joke on the air is just that, talk. If they were broadcasting live calls of someone doing it, or giving away prizes, then I can see a problem. Maybe it is because I listen to some local shock jocks, but I have enough sense to know that some things they talk about can get you arrested.

Link:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ons_bicyclists

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I hear ya on that one. CC has changed the station I prefer to listen to as well. Instead of hearing Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, The Who, AC/DC, etc. I now here more and more Rosanna (Toto?), and U2-like songs. I do like U2 pre-rattle and hum days, just not on this station.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 32
    Last post: 18 Feb 2009, 4:43 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last post: 16 Jan 2007, 5:48 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 21 Mar 2006, 2:10 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last post: 17 Aug 2005, 6:23 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Nov 2004, 2:18 PM