Urban planning community

Poll results: What is your office dress code?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • A nice suit and nothing less ever.

1 3.03%
  • Dressy but with allowances and casual Fridays.

15 45.45%
  • Pants and a nice shirt. Maybe a tie on occasion.

14 42.42%
  • Jeans and sneakers mostly.

2 6.06%
  • Carharts and cowboy boots. All wrangler all the time.

0 0%
  • Thongs and bikini waxes.

1 3.03%
Closed thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tie or no Tie?

Registered
    Oct 2001

Dress Code

Our Planning and ED people share a department and an office floor in City Hall. The ED people tend to dress more formally, usually dress shirt and ties but rarely suits. The Planners tend to be more casual. One guy is a bit of a clothes hound, another usually wears a dress shirt and tie. The rest of us: Lots of polo shirts, dressier button-up shirts with no ties (like me today), khakis are not really a problem (this is Northern California, home turf of Gap).

At Planning Commission and City Council, though, dress pants, dress shirt, tie, and dark jackets. Even that is slipping, a bit.

Unfortunately, my liking for sweets and Mexican food makes the necktie my enemy-since I am too proud to buy larger shirts with bigger collars .

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I work in a super-small office where no one really seems to care what you wear, although the attire really depends upon what's on the agenda for the day - meetings with clients, government officials, etc.

I know of some offices (not necessarily planning/engineering) that require that the women wear only skirts (no pants suits or slacks), pantyhose and closed toe shoes. The day that I am REQUIRED to do that is the day that I stop working forever.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I agree, Planderella. I don't mind the occasional skirt, but to work in an environment where it is skirts or nothing? Even most Catholic Schools will let their girls wear pants now.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    "I know of some offices that require that the women wear only skirts (no pants suits or slacks), pantyhose and closed toe shoes."

Topless? How do I apply?

Sorry, I just woke up from my nap (I don't work in the real world)and had to take that out of context.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Clothes

And, this change is a horrible sign of social decay (Just kidding )

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    peter lowitt wrote:
    I bring my mutt to work on occaision.
    You have a Maltese?

Not RUGGED.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

No, a mutt most likely part whippet. The pix is for kickx.

Closed thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2