Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: A funny one...

Registered
    Oct 2001

A funny one...

I had a rough last week. Missed a conference due to a moron with a bulldozer knocking down a city owned building with asbestos... that I then had to abate.

Well, Friday was also a due date for an RFQ from architectural firms to design a new community center. So... here I was trying to get the heck out of the office late Friday when I get buzzed by the receptionist. It's one of the firms... wanting to know when we'll have a short list.

Let me tell you... this thing wasn't even my project (it was the CA's before he left), and I'd just about had my fill. So, I ranted, something like this:

"WHAT?! If that firm is submitting, I would ASSUME then realize the deadline for the RFQ hasn't even PASSED yet! You know, that's why I left architecture school to be a planner, because I didn't want to become an arrogant PRICK! So, what you OUGHT to tell them is the 'short' list just got shorter! *sigh* Nah, just say 'no'... No, we have NO idea when we'll short list."

What I didn't realize was... it was a guy dropping off the RFQ out at the front counter, and my door was open!

She said his eyes got reeeeeeeal big, and she said quietly to him that I'd had a long week....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Thats what I like about you Mastiff, you dont need to strap a set on, they're already supersized and ya just go for it. Nice.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by Chet
    Thats what I like about you Mastiff, you dont need to strap a set on, they're already supersized and ya just go for it. Nice.
    At least it wasn't a citizen...

I really thought it was someone on the phone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I've done this too.

My response to the person was at least you know how I really feel and what not to do next time you darken our door.

I did get in trouble for it from above, but hey the guys a dirtbag who represents dirtbags.
    Last edited by donk; 03 Nov 2003 at 8:46 PM.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Ha Ha! I've been dodging an architect I won't be inviting to make a proposal on an office building we're putting up. Maybe I need to take a few pointers from you on this.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Funny car names
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 34
    Last post: 04 Jun 2010, 5:43 PM
  2. Funny Map
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 02 Oct 2004, 2:44 PM
  3. Funny Signage
    Friday Afternoon Club