Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Revolutions spoiler~don't read if you haven't seen it.

Registered
    Jun 2003

Revolutions spoiler~don't read if you haven't seen it.

You've been duely warned. I know there's another Matrix thread, but I wanted to start this one to be exclusive. Or the mod could be generous and merge the two with teh appropriate warnings fired.

WOOOOO!

Blows away the Reloaded. Let the discussion begin...
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Horrible

Sorry man, I saw it last night and I thought it was a stinker. I was laughing throughout the whole movie - it was so ridiculous and wacky.

The death of Trinity was the perfect allegory for how I feel about the whole Matrix trilogy.

Now I'm waiting for M4, M5, M6, M7, or whatever to come out. What do you think? Will they be movies or a new drama series on the WB? Perhaps the first episode will be about the skinny young kid rallying the troops to go find Neo's body so they can give him a proper burial. But WAIT!!! ***GASP*** They can't find Neo's body! Where is it?! And even though humans and machines are now living in peace, there are some antogonistic machines out there waiting to take revenge on the survivors of Zion. So while out searching for Neo's body, Niobe gets kidnapped. Stay tuned next week for the shocking must see episode: While Niobe is plugged back into the Matrix, she catches a glimpse of Neo at the barber shop... But!!! Was it really him?!! Who was that familiar face getting a bowl cut? Stay tuned for next week's pulses-pounding spine-tingling adeventure.

Remember V on NBC back in the early 80s? The Matrix TV show will be just as campy and lame as that lizard-poo of a show.

Reloaded and Revolutions were awful. I'm unplugging from the Matrix from here on out. Every beginning must have an end.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Yeah the death scene was waaaaaaaaaay too long. And the campy "the war is over!" kid was, well, campy. But to me, those were the only complaints I had.

And Neo won't come back. Didn't you see the 'angel' appearance as he was being towed away by the robot coroner? Took one step closer to the Jesus theme there.

They did leave it pretty open ended there, eh? I hope they don't try to make more sequels. It'll kill the franchise for sure. Reloaded got pretty close to killing it, but I think Revolutions brought it back up a bit. Leave it to die NOW. Everything must have an end as they so eloquently said.
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by martini
    And Neo won't come back. Didn't you see the 'angel' appearance as he was being towed away by the robot coroner? Took one step closer to the Jesus theme there.
    Well, yeah, that was soooooooooo obvious. And Jesus did come back to life, right? Or so I've been told. I know, I know, Trinity already brought Neo back to life in M1, but we didn't have the crucifixion imagery back then to re-inforce the resurrection theme. Neo will be resurrected in the WB TV series next fall. You can bank on that one.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I have not watched any of the Matrix movies. I don't understand what may be so great about them. And Keanu Reeves in all of them....one actor who will never get an academy award.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Saw it this past weekend. I thought it was horrible. The script was all over the place and there were too many "borrowed" elements from other science fiction movies such as the Star Wars trilogy, the Alien trilogy, and Independence Day. Oh, and the Neo/Jesus analogies were a bit over the top for me.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Yeah, I didn't find it that good. Some nice effects, but the dialogue and plot(?) really seemed tacked on. It was almost like they had taken a bunch of deleted scenes from the earlier movies and tried to make a third film out of it.

I almost yelled out "Just die already!!!" during Trinity's long and drawn out death scene.

The best part, IMHO was the actor who played the soldier infected by Smith - got the mannerisms, etc. down beautifully.

Registered
    May 2003
    martini: I completly agree. I'm glad they had the balls to kill off the love interest though.

I liked Reloaded because I had incredibly low expectations, but it didn't exceed them by much. This one, still not as good as the first, of course, was very well done, and tied up the trilogy perfectly.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    "BROTHER BEAR" WAS AWESOME !!!!!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Planderella
    Saw it this past weekend. I thought it was horrible. The script was all over the place...Oh, and the Neo/Jesus analogies were a bit over the top for me.
    I agree. It seemed to be too "spiritual." I even dozed off a couple of times.
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    If we got beat over the head with the word "love" one more time I was going to lose it.

I thought the ending was good in general... like I"m glad to know what happened. But the movie dialogue, etc. was really, really bad. And all the cheesy cliches were over the top in this movie: the guys that go out dying screaming while the bullets fly, the pep talks, the drawn out death scenes.

It was probably my least favorite in the series. It doesn't stand on its own very well either, which makes a difference to me. I'm glad I saw it at matinee prices.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by Tranplanner

The best part, IMHO was the actor who played the soldier infected by Smith - got the mannerisms, etc. down beautifully.
    I thought it was the same guy. The only difference was a slightly different hairstyle, the goatee and the absence of the sunglasses.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by nerudite
    If we got beat over the head with the word "love" one more time I was going to lose it.

It was probably my least favorite in the series. It doesn't stand on its own very well either, which makes a difference to me. I'm glad I saw it at matinee prices.
    Right on!
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I thought it was the same guy. The only difference was a slightly different hairstyle, the goatee and the absence of the sunglasses.
    I didn't think it was, but now I'm not so sure...

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Humph, I never really been one for the Martix movies. but damn, WIll Farrell is a comic genious!

SAAANNNNNNNNNNTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I know him! I know him!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    There's a little-known hack that I added to the board a while back; the spoiler tag. Use it to hide movie and book spoilers. To read the spoiler text, simply highlight the black area below. For instance:

Soylent Green is made out of people!
    View the source of this message using "Quote" to see how the tag is used.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Originally posted by Dan
    There's a little-known hack that I added to the board a while back; the spoiler tag. Use it to hide movie and book spoilers. To read the spoiler text, simply highlight the black area below. For instance:

Soylent Green is made out of people!
    View the source of this message using "Quote" to see how the tag is used.
    Whoa! That's way cool!

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I was intrigued to get in this thread because I haven't seen the movie yet... but now that I see that there is another WAAAAAAAAAAY tooooooo looooong scene (in reloaded it was the horribly long zion scene, and now the death of trinity)

Oh well, mabye I won't agree to travel to a decent cinema to see it... no wonder the critiwue here gave it 2/5....

Registered
    Dec 1998
    The Trinity death scene was way too long, but the Zion battle scenes were even longer.

Did anyone leave with the feeling that the little Indian girl is or will be the next "savior?"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Did anyone leave with the feeling that the little Indian girl is or will be the next "savior?"
    No, and that's just because the Oracle is a refuge for a lot of cute little kiddies. Remember in M1 when Neo visited Oracle for the first time and that boy was "mentally" manipulating the "spoon"? Well, the Oracle gives these "orphans" a home, and that's all that little Indian girl is. Otherwise, she's just be deleted or the Mervigonian would accept her into his club.

     
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    The thought did cross my mind. After all, the Oracle did seem kind of close to her. But then again, we don't get to see her interact with many other kids so it's hard to say.

Kind of interesting how they wrote in the death of Gloria Foster (the original Oracle actress). I thought they handled that small detail quite well.

In general, they used a lot of already-done scenarios and effects. It would have been cool to see Neo gain a few more cool new powers, just for the sake of avoiding repetition. They probably spent all their effects budget on that big rain fight.

I knew it was going to be mediocre going in, so I wasn't really disappointed. I was just happy to see how the story ended, even if it was kind of lame.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Wasn't a bad movie in isolation, but was horrible in the context of the series. Could they come up with a more implausible ending?

Humans and machine have been fighing an epic battle, and they want us viewers to accept peace just like that. Zion has bee trying to destroy the Matrix, but now they just accept is existence. Ludicrous!

I concur on the drawn out death sequences--die already!

To sum up, acceptable action flick, bad Matrix sequel.
    Off to Zanzibar--To meet the Zanzibarbarians!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 13
    Last post: 11 Feb 2013, 9:57 AM
  2. [spoiler] tags
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 14 May 2012, 12:39 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 28 Sep 2011, 12:01 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 08 Jan 2010, 6:39 PM