Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Another IQ test

Registered
    Jul 2003

Another IQ test

It takes a few minutes but it was interesting. Mine came to 127 and "David, you are an Inspired Inventor. This means you've got exceptional verbal and mathematical skills, and are very good at brainstorming new ideas."

Test

Registered
    Feb 2000

Took the test

I got a 133, but I'm not going to pay to find out what it means. Does anyone have an idea?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    136, bee-otch. Visionary Philosopher I am, I am...

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

I am an:

Insightful Linguist.

This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.

About right it sounds
    Last edited by mendelman; 12 Nov 2003 at 12:39 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Based on the meager number of responses, I suspect that those who score less than the Slave are not going to admit it. Having a high I.Q. doesn't make you happy or street wise. I think being a simpleton is the way to go. Ignorance is bliss. Of course, I'm still not going to listen to country music, buy a pick up with naked lady mudflaps and a hemmy, or watch reality TV (or any other TV for that matter).

Registered
    Aug 2001
    According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Word Warrior.

This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Inventive Inquisitor.

You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.
    Sounds about right to me.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    May 2003
    Question:

Do you think an IQ number can change (increase ) with the amount of experience (education/life) and, possibly, age (which is not directly tied to amount of experience) of a person?

Some of the questions on the test were phrases and words which I have experienced in the last several years.

Would I have gotten the same IQ number years ago when I didn't know the opposite of 'inept'?

I think the spatial and logical questions are more telling of true IQ than the phrases and words question. Knowing the definitions of words and how to complete a stock phrase is a product of educational experience, not innate to a certain mind. Whereas spatial and logical thinking is more innate to a mind, but then again one can 'learn' how to think spatially/logically, so.........acck!

Back to the debate of Nature v. Nurture

Sorry

Registered
    Jul 2003
    131-visual matemetician hooray!

one quick question, though. What IQ does one have to have in order to make out one of these tests? Theoretically, the test maker is the smartest person in the world because thay can get a perfect IQ score! Go figure.
    Off to Zanzibar--To meet the Zanzibarbarians!

Registered
    May 2003

Re: Took the test

Originally posted by Budgie
    I got a 133, but I'm not going to pay to find out what it means. Does anyone have an idea?
    It means you are a Visionary Instigating Self-Hating Intellectual.

You are adept at expressing yourself through the use of late 19th and early 20th century Russian literary metaphors and 80's metal lyrics. You can successfully delineate the logic of philosophical discourse, while drowning your fears and doubts in as much beer as possible. Also, you are very good at handling change.

Registered
    Feb 2000

Re: Re: Took the test

Originally posted by mendelman
    It means you are a Visionary Instigating Self-Hating Intellectual.

You are adept at expressing yourself through the use of late 19th and early 20th century Russian literary metaphors and 80's metal lyrics. You can successfully delineate the logic of philosophical discourse, while drowning your fears and doubts in as much beer as possible. Also, you are very good at handling change.
    Wow, everything I've ever aspired to be. So I'm a mix of:

Issac Asimov, Rodney Dangerfield, Mikhail Lermetov, Apollo Creed with a splash of Walt Whitman. Yeah !!!!!!!! There's just one problem. I have trouble getting laid. I wonder why?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    126... within the expectable range... and given the fact that I suck at math...
    But give me a map and I'll find where we are and a way to get to where we want to go faster than normal people... I'm the official map reader of my family...

EDIT: I did it again, and I got 129... and my intelectual type is Fact Curator... I don't remember my intelectual type in my first test... but it changed...
    Last edited by SkeLeton; 12 Nov 2003 at 2:57 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

I wonder if it just a scam to get me to pony up the $15 to get the report.

Privacy note: The thing requires an email address to get the results, but no one said you had to enter yours.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    131...I think I'm getting dumber as I age.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    120, but right now I feel a whole lot dumber than that, maybe in the 80's.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Insightful Linguist

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jul 2003

"...your Intellectual Type is an Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind."
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Mastiff and BEK scored 135 and 122, respectively. Yet both are an "Insightful Linguist". I scored a 127 and labled an "Inspired Inventor". Huh? Not that it matters.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Anyone know the scale on this thing?

Not to sound like a blowhard, but 135 on a 200 scale is low for me. Hell, I'd shoot around 180-185 in high school! I know I haven't killed THAT many brain cells...

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by SlaveToTheGrind
    Mastiff and BEK scored 135 and 122, respectively. Yet both are an "Insightful Linguist". I scored a 127 and labled an "Inspired Inventor". Huh? Not that it matters.
    I think they make that assumption based on what you miss. Not how many you miss...

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Mastiff
    Anyone know the scale on this thing?

Not to sound like a blowhard, but 135 on a 200 scale is low for me. Hell, I'd shoot around 180-185 in high school! I know I haven't killed THAT many brain cells...
    Have you killed any kittens?

124 and listed as a "Word Warrior". I think the visual items killed me though.
    A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    --Bill Cosby

Another "Word Warrior"

It didn't say anything about my predeliction towards
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by SlaveToTheGrind
    Have you killed any kittens?
    That makes you stupid? Hmmmm... Can't be... Chet would be a drooling one-toothed Cletus by now.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    131, a Facts Curator.

This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Test Thread
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 08 May 2009, 4:02 PM
  2. Test for Planning Job
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 30 Sep 2004, 9:09 AM
  3. Sig Test